The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
result itself is not an issue, but united building confidence is not really what we want.

Spurs 7pts behind us, southampton 7pts behind us..

Results this weekend, if liverpool win tommorow, will really confirm that this is a 3/4 team race for top4 places... (4, if you include city)

I've never known anyone who speculates as much as you do.
e rapaz and his weekly one liners. Wouldn't be the same without them :yep:
Original post by Depleted
Good post. This part you do regularly in United thread tho...

Quote me

Cheers though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make of it what you will, but Dean/AFC Camden has said that we're interested in Sterling.
Original post by angelfox
Make of it what you will, but Dean/AFC Camden has said that we're interested in Sterling.

Can you imagine the Liverpool meltdown if Sterling moved to Arsenal?

Unlikely to happen though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sterling is there best player. Liverpool will go full Suarez about it again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Sterling is there best player. Liverpool will go full Suarez about it again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or Wenger will offer 40 million plus 1 pound :ahee: again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't pay that. ****ing rip off

Plus I think sterling will stagnate by the time he gets older just like every other British player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please buy Sterling
Original post by AR_95
I wouldn't pay that. ****ing rip off

Plus I think sterling will stagnate by the time he gets older just like every other British player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was just a joke :tongue:.

Dont think anyone would put that up for Sterling (who is a wonderful player at present). Maybe City since apparently they are looking for more home grown players to meet the quota. Plus Liverpool still havent managed to get Sterling to sign a new long term deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was just a joke :tongue:.

Dont think anyone would put that up for Sterling (who is a wonderful player at present). Maybe City since apparently they are looking for more home grown players to meet the quota. Plus Liverpool still havent managed to get Sterling to sign a new long term deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I know but I bet some posters would value him as 40m if he was sold to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just thought I'd throw this stat out there; this season Giroud has scored every 109 minutes, Kane has scored every 106 minutes (helped largely by goals in the Europa League). So why is one considered the brightest hope of English football whilst the other is considered a slightly above average striker?

Sure, kane has scored against big teams this year, but Giroud is starting to do that too (Liverpool, United, City)
Original post by leinad2012
Just thought I'd throw this stat out there; this season Giroud has scored every 109 minutes, Kane has scored every 106 minutes (helped largely by goals in the Europa League). So why is one considered the brightest hope of English football whilst the other is considered a slightly above average striker?

Sure, kane has scored against big teams this year, but Giroud is starting to do that too (Liverpool, United, City)

Kane is 21 and Giroud is 28 and the former has potential to improve whereas the latter is at his peak. But I think the criticism on Giroud has been harsh, he has proved his critics wrong and has responded very well especially after the Monaco game.
(edited 9 years ago)

Because one is 21 while the other is 28. I agree in the sense that Giroud should be getting more praise though. He's having a good season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because Giroud isn't English.
Original post by samir12
Kane is 21 and Giroud is 28 and the former has potential to improve whereas the latter is at his peak. But I think the criticism on Giroud has been harsh, he has proved his critics wrong and has responded very well especially after the Monaco game.

Yes one is obviously much younger than the other, but even when Giroud is scoring every game he isn't getting as much credit as he deserves imo

Really hope he shows up and performs against Monaco
Because one is 21 while the other is 28. I agree in the sense that Giroud should be getting more praise though. He's having a good season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's having a very good season, gets an injury that most professionals would take 3 months to recover from and comes back after 2 months (pretty outstanding tbh), and has scored at close to a goal a game in the league since.
He's having a very good season, gets an injury that most professionals would take 3 months to recover from and comes back after 2 months (pretty outstanding tbh), and has scored at close to a goal a game in the league since.

Yeah and i completely agree. He has a tough mentality to come back from injury and all the criticism of not being an elite striker that is required at Arsenal, he's on fire and is delivering the goods for Arsenal. He could have a big say in the midweek game against Monaco.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Typical *****.

IKR. Bigging themselves up when they beat us. Turns out Eriksen scoring 87th minute winners against ****e teams can't get you into the Champions League after all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

40M for a poor man's Chamberlain? Nah.
Giroud is the one. Will do even better next season. He will become something great, amen. :moon:

Latest