The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

honestly.. I miss PE :frown:

part of my job at the moment, is working in schools, and ocassioanly I have to work with PE classes, and I get so jelous!

Kids in school just do not realise how lucky they are.. the amount of fun things they get to do! in a day they may be doing some drama, bit of music, some sport etc.. and even the traditional classes, as an adult look quite fun!

Serriously.. kids.. realise that you are in the easiest time of your life (up to alevels*) and actually aperciate how good school is!

--

Anyway, my life took me down a very un-sporty path, and in the circles that I have always been in, sport is just the end of a joke. I am the only football fan in my imidate group of friends, the only one who watches sport, and the only one who loved PE and sport in school..

I used to joke that it reminded me of american teenage films, where they would have the jock boy who was in the football squad, but secretly loved to dance or sing etc. -- well I was the oposite. I was the musical kid who hung around half the time in the musical/overly creative/arty circles, and half the time in the super nerdy circles... and loving football was my secret! barely ever used to tell people, as I would always get the reaction of 'oh...really?... umm... ok' as they lowered their idea of me in their minds..

but anyway.. I used to love PE, and all forms of competative sport. did not matter what the game, I would get stuck in and enjoy it. - after compulsory PE stopped though, I really did miss that competition and physicality.. and I have never quite managed to get it back since..
Reply 1541
All I did in school was play football and cricket lol. Tennis and cricket in the holidays...
Original post by Depleted
Yeah haha those guys are dedicated man, you ever played in a badminton club? Went once and never again. Squash is a great sport tbh, one of those that natural ability just won't cut it all though as opposed to some other sports.

With tennis I'm ok once a rally starts going, but then I'll do the odd **** up and hit it too hard or too low into the net, and it ends up being a disruptive game which ain't too jolly.

Yeah, my great uncle was an Admiral in the pak army (had to run to America once Musharraf was in charge), he was playing squash tournaments at age 50. I've played yeah but I was ****e.

Tennis I'm just ****e, my technique is weird. Strange because pakis tend to have pretty natural technique for tennis and table tennis but mine is just odd.
Rounders/baseball/softball just another excuse to show off my insane hand-eye tbh. Teacher said I was the first person he'd ever seen to hit it onto the school roof hehe
Original post by AR_95
Did you guys get to wear whatever for PE kits? We had to wear the PE kit top uniforms and it HAD to be tracksuits

By the time we got to year 11 though the teachers just let us off and we'd play in uniform, but I remember people got shook about detention for forgetting it in year 7 :lol:

In year 7/8/9 they were very strict about p.e uniforms then in like GCSE stages they let it slide so people used to just wear anything. P.e was the best mayyn. I miss it so much. Dodgeball and benchball back in the day, twas cray :moon:

I used to get so many detentions for not brining in a kit lmao :facepalm2:
Original post by AR_95
Did you guys get to wear whatever for PE kits? We had to wear the PE kit top uniforms and it HAD to be tracksuits

By the time we got to year 11 though the teachers just let us off and we'd play in uniform, but I remember people got shook about detention for forgetting it in year 7 :lol:

Na, if it was rugby or football, green rugby shirts, white shorts and the school socks.

Indoor sports was a white t shirt, black shorts and white socks.

Man like Wilf wore the England shirt though.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
In year 7/8/9 they were very strict about p.e uniforms then in like GCSE stages they let it slide so people used to just wear anything. P.e was the best mayyn. I miss it so much. Dodgeball and benchball back in the day, twas cray :moon:

Did you ever play football?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

If we didn't bring our kit my school would just make you wear something from lost property which was usually 2 sizes too big/small, stunk of BO and still had somebody's name sewn into the label.
Original post by sr90
If we didn't bring our kit my school would just make you wear something from lost property which was usually 2 sizes too big/small, stunk of BO and still had somebody's name sewn into the label.

Same here, it was absolutely nasty-I doubt the clothes were ever washed.

I remember in girl's football club I did like 50 kick ups in a row and all the girls were absolutely amazed and they applauded me as if I was Messi. :rofl:
Next weekend's game...

Probably only been two bigger Liverpool United games in the last 20 years (Worthington Cup final 2003, and OT in 08/09)
Original post by The.Joker
I remember in girl's football club I did like 50 kick ups in a row and all the girls were absolutely amazed and they applauded me as if I was Messi. :rofl:

10 or 11 is the most I can manage
Original post by All Day
10 or 11 is the most I can manage

Do you play football much? It's all technique and a little bit of practicing really.

I miss playing football, I had so much fun as a kid playing footie with my cousin/being on the school team. :moon:
Original post by All Day
Next weekend's game...

Probably only been two bigger Liverpool United games in the last 20 years (Worthington Cup final 2003, and OT in 08/09)

Both teams in form too. Gonna be a good'un.
Original post by The.Joker
Do you play football much? It's all technique and a little bit of practicing really.

I miss playing football, I had so much fun as a kid playing footie with my cousin/being on the school team. :moon:

I didn't play enough from ages 8-18. Started playing again at uni and made solid progress in first year, but then got knocked off my bike and my already-genetically-****ed left knee ****ed up. Have had to reinvent myself as a goalie whilst I recover.

Play at uni? And I was doing cricket those years haha
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Both teams in form too. Gonna be a good'un.

On a gap year but I'm thinking it's worth the £100 or so that it'll cost me to take a trip down to London for the weekend and watch it with my mates. Can not miss this.
Original post by Depleted
Rounders was pretty fun tbh, all the white kids were **** and all the Asians who played cricket used to boss it. Also I never got picked for basketball lol used to go essentially in height order so I'd be last every time...

Manlets when will they learn
Reply 1555
Original post by All Day
On a gap year but I'm thinking it's worth the £100 or so that it'll cost me to take a trip down to London for the weekend and watch it with my mates. Can not miss this.

If you're gonna spend that much why not just go to the game? Would be a better experience IMO. Try hussling your mates to empty their pockets too :cool:

That's if tickets are available =/
Original post by All Day
Next weekend's game...

96 FA Cup final

Top 4 battle is a bigger deal than Worthington Cup though surely.
Reply 1557
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about how much I miss doing sports. I used to do most at school and would really enjoy it. It would be my escape from everything (similar to watching football nowadays). Took it so seriously too, I honestly have no idea why I stopped.

Remember having to leave last lessons early so we could make the trip for away games, it was so fun. Would give it our all during them games. We went to Bournemouth for a football tournament, don't know if your schools took you too? I remember there being a lot of schools there.

I grew up, **** happened and now I've lost contact with most people who I would play football/basketball/cricket with. All I do now is gym.. really miss doing sports :frown:
Original post by difeo
96 FA Cup final

Top 4 battle is a bigger deal than Worthington Cup though surely.

I said 20 years on purpose to try and exclude people saying that haha
Original post by All Day
I said 20 years on purpose to try and exclude people saying that haha

96 was within 20 years m9-1

Latest