The Student Room Group

Guys, Will my big belly be a problem?

I'm quite slim, however my belly is my problem area. I suck it in a lot to hide its actual size. I've mentioned my 'beer belly' to my guy, I don't think he actually believes me, I hide it well. He is very active, he plays sports and goes to the gym. I'm worried he will be completely turned off by it.. I am planning to start a healthy lifestyle cos I'm really fed up, but of course it won't disappear right away. I don't mind anywhere else, but I'm worried that when the time comes he'll freak out or something...

Scroll to see replies

I highly doubt it's going to bother the average guy.
Lol don't listen to what some of the people have said. You said you're worried about it and you started going to the gym to get rid of it. Adopt a healthy lifestyle like you're trying to do and it will go with time!
I've actually got a similar problem and its been the reason why I rarely have sex because I just don't think I'm appealing enough and when I do I always insist on wearing a top (even if my boobs are out) because I just don't feel comfortable being naked.
I'm sure he'll be fine with it. You've established that you're not happy with it and you're willing to do something about it so good on you :smile:
I have an unsightly belly too but that's because of having had 4 large children and as a result I now have diastasis recti. It sucks, and I feel your pain.
Reply 6
Some will have a problem, some won't. Will depend on the individual to be honest.
Reply 7
Doesn't bother me. I like a girl with a bit of meat on the bone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can you possibly be slim with a fat belly?
Honestly clothes can't hide everything, unless you're always wearing massive sacks which hide your shape, or control pants that suck you in completely, he probably has a good idea of what your body is like.
Original post by anonwinner
Me too, but not on the belly, curvy girls are hot but fat girls aren't

You should try to be a bit sensitive here. You may not realise it, but your comment can be quite hurtful to some people. I definitely don't mind girls with a bit of a belly, doesn't bother me at all. They can still be hot. I knew a girl who had a bit of a belly but she was incredibly sexy and cute, you wouldn't believe how sexy this girl is. What's not attractive to you is attractive to other people, we're not all the same :smile: be careful not to throw around words like "fat" on here, it's inconsiderate. Let's try to be helpful here :smile:
I honestly don't see this as an issue, everyone is different which seems to be an obvious statement yet some people don't realise.
If you are slim your belly can't possibly be very big, otherwise you wouldn't be slim.
Original post by Juicy J
You should try to be a bit sensitive here. You may not realise it, but your comment can be quite hurtful to some people. I definitely don't mind girls with a bit of a belly, doesn't bother me at all. They can still be hot. I knew a girl who had a bit of a belly but she was incredibly sexy and cute, you wouldn't believe how sexy this girl is. What's not attractive to you is attractive to other people, we're not all the same :smile: be careful not to throw around words like "fat" on here, it's inconsiderate. Let's try to be helpful here :smile:

Sorry but this girl is looking for real advice, she doesn't want a bunch of white knights like you basically say "it's okay to be fat!". The vast majority of men will prefer slim/curvy girls > fat girls, this is the truth.
Really need a pic to know what's the real situation here. You could be overeacting. You might have a bit of a belly but not look that bad. Or you might be fat. Without as body pic this thread is pointless.
Original post by Stewie2011
Really need a pic to know what's the real situation here. You could be overeacting. You might have a bit of a belly but not look that bad. Or you might be fat. Without as body pic this thread is pointless.

Original post by awkwardshortguy
If you are slim your belly can't possibly be very big, otherwise you wouldn't be slim.

Original post by anonwinner
How can you possibly be slim with a fat belly?

I have a average frame I wear size 10 clothes, but I usually wear baggy tops to cover my stomach. Here is a pic http://s13.postimg.org/mdw93znp3/image.jpg

And here's a before and after of the last time I shed weight around my stomach area:

http://s29.postimg.org/5zwjtbjnr/image.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/5adrgyj43/

http://postimg.org/image/4m9ibr9s3/

http://s29.postimg.org/5ojouaslj/image.jpg
FYI the first pic is not even now. My belly looks more like the before pic in the top section of each collage 😩
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Lol don't listen to what some of the people have said. You said you're worried about it and you started going to the gym to get rid of it. Adopt a healthy lifestyle like you're trying to do and it will go with time!

Thanks. I think the moderators deleted some of the replies I read earlier. Yeah I guess I have to be patient and persevere for the time being (plus lay off the junk food).

Original post by Anonymous
I've actually got a similar problem and its been the reason why I rarely have sex because I just don't think I'm appealing enough and when I do I always insist on wearing a top (even if my boobs are out) because I just don't feel comfortable being naked.

Ugh I feel like this will be me. How did your partner react when you kept your top on? Has your partner ever glimpsed it?

Original post by jordanhenderson.
I'm sure he'll be fine with it. You've established that you're not happy with it and you're willing to do something about it so good on you :smile:

Haha thanks. I hope so! Now the fun begins :smile:

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I have an unsightly belly too but that's because of having had 4 large children and as a result I now have diastasis recti. It sucks, and I feel your pain.

Oh no, sorry to hear that!

Original post by Tom78
Some will have a problem, some won't. Will depend on the individual to be honest.

Very true, thanks

Original post by Juicy J
Doesn't bother me. I like a girl with a bit of meat on the bone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol good to know some guys don't mind a little meat. I just don't feel comfortable.
I'm quite slim, however my belly is my problem area. I suck it in a lot to hide its actual size. I've mentioned my 'beer belly' to my guy, I don't think he actually believes me, I hide it well. He is very active, he plays sports and goes to the gym. I'm worried he will be completely turned off by it.. I am planning to start a healthy lifestyle cos I'm really fed up, but of course it won't disappear right away. I don't mind anywhere else, but I'm worried that when the time comes he'll freak out or something...

If it is as bad as you imagine, why not look for a guy with a pregnancy fetish?

Lol good to know some guys don't mind a little meat. I just don't feel comfortable.

Well, I don't mind a little meat at the butchers, elsewhere is hard to say.
(edited 9 years ago)

Depends how big it really is if you feel self couscous about it can i Recommend going to the gym and hitting the Rowing mechanic and the recumbent bike

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending