The Student Room Group

Should I take Edexcel A level geography?? HELP PLEASE!

I'm unsure if I should take geography or media studies (both very differnt I know)
which is why I am asking for any experiences of the subject and advice! Thank you :biggrin:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by lilyolivia123
I'm unsure if I should take geography or media studies (both very differnt I know)
which is why I am asking for any experiences of the subject and advice! Thank you :biggrin:

I did edexcel geog and essentially it is a pretty easy A level and yet remains fairly well respected. People at uni laugh when they hear i took geog but that is because people know it's a bit easy. Media studies isn't really a respected subject at alevel so i'd avoid it like the plague if it were me. But i guess that depends what you're planning for after your a levels.
Reply 3
Original post by lilyolivia123

Hello, I did Edexcel A Level Geography and I'm doing Physical Geography at a Russell League uni. What I'd say straight away is that it's your choice - I won't tell you what to study. I trust you've looked at the specifications for both subjects, but I definetely recommend geography. It's more respected, it's seen as a science in most unis, the field trips are miles better, the material you'll learn in geography won't be all interesting, but there are some topics that are incredibly interesting. Furthermore, it's so relevant! It's not just looking at rocks but looking at poverty, climate, food scarcity, disease, deserts etc.etc.etc... Hope that helped, good luck with your decision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending