The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by megustakamilo
I'm just posting it :smile: seems like it'd be a pointless journey if I was to go with the tube

Posted from TSR Mobile

meh. I might go there tomorrow after school.
Original post by Foodatastic
Are you posting your acceptance letters for the HWSF offers or just going there and giving it peresonally?

I'm going to post it, travelling there to deliver it seems unnecessary to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently last year there was an 'egg hunt' around the sixth form for those who received offers before GCSE results day, however you may not be seeing all the same faces on the first day as some may not receive the results, or choose to reconsider their destination

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samispector
Apparently last year there was an 'egg hunt' around the sixth form for those who received offers before GCSE results day, however you may not be seeing all the same faces on the first day as some may not receive the results, or choose to reconsider their destination

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds fun!

Original post by samispector
I'm going to post it, travelling there to deliver it seems unnecessary to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know whats cheaper, posting or travelling.
Reply 504
Original post by Wesleigh
What is the query?

they have rejected me after I scored 467 in exam+interview! they did this because they have put me in a third priority category (living in greater london) this means I would have had to score 499+ (which I didn't) but the problem here is I should be in a first priority category because I am in care, and I don't think they know this ( they never asked) and if you are in first two priority groups you will have an offer if you scored 464 or higher. So theoretically I already have a place but it just need to explain it to the sixth form but preferably to the principal in person which is why I'm wondering if I should just go to the sixth form tommorow in person to explain the situation
Original post by Xctv
they have rejected me after I scored 467 in exam+interview! they did this because they have put me in a third priority category (living in greater london) this means I would have had to score 499+ (which I didn't) but the problem here is I should be in a first priority category because I am in care, and I don't think they know this ( they never asked) and if you are in first two priority groups you will have an offer if you scored 464 or higher. So theoretically I already have a place but it just need to explain it to the sixth form but preferably to the principal in person which is why I'm wondering if I should just go to the sixth form tommorow in person to explain the situation

I'd say call them. I don't think you can just walk in and ask to talk to the Principal. They reply to emails in like 10 weeks, so just call them.
Original post by Xctv

Yes, I'd ask in person :smile: maybe arrange a meeting though, instead of just turning up
Reply 507
I'd say call them. I don't think you can just walk in and ask to talk to the Principal. They reply to emails in like 10 weeks, so just call them.

Ok thanks I will probably call them tommorow at lunch time. I am just really disappointed how they didn't ask in the application process to clarify what priority group I should be allocated to. I would have told them from the start but I wasn't aware of how the priority criteria worked and only had a vague idea ( I had no idea it was going to have such a huge impact on you getting in ) but to be fair I could have done a bit better on the exams 395 for exams and 72 for interview and only narrowly avoided any chance of me getting I by 3 points :s-smilie:
Weslieigh, You are a current student, aren't you? How is the school in terms of teaching standards? And how lenient are they to "inappropriate" but friendly jokes?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 509
You are a current student, aren't you? How is the school in terms of teaching standards? And how lenient are they to "inappropriate" but friendly jokes?

Um I'm not a current student sorry I'm in year 11. But I can tell you from the interview that the interviewer I had didn't really have a sense of humour, in the interview at the end when I was told If I had any questions I asked the. Stuff about the school ( why should I go here, what is this sixth forms best feature ) and he kept going on about how the location was the main focus to which I replied "location! location, location huh?" The interview id chuckle a bit but don't think he was too impressed with me facetiously mocking the sixth forms best feature. I would just stick to friendly jokes rather than "inappropriate " if you were in a position were you feel the need to make a joke
Original post by Xctv
Um I'm not a current student sorry I'm in year 11. But I can tell you from the interview that the interviewer I had didn't really have a sense of humour, in the interview at the end when I was told If I had any questions I asked the. Stuff about the school ( why should I go here, what is this sixth forms best feature ) and he kept going on about how the location was the main focus to which I replied "location! location, location huh?" The interview id chuckle a bit but don't think he was too impressed with me facetiously mocking the sixth forms best feature. I would just stick to friendly jokes rather than "inappropriate " if you were in a position were you feel the need to make a joke

Ah, that's going to be hard... I have a very blunt and sarcastic sense of humour for friendly purposes, just that some take it the wrong way...
Original post by Xctv

Love the ending! 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xctv

Who was your interview with?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 513
Who was your interview with?

Im not sure I just remembered he was a bald unenthusiastic male. I wanted to be interviewed by the principal really.
Original post by Xctv
Im not sure I just remembered he was a bald unenthusiastic male. I wanted to be interviewed by the principal really.

I think you have to pick Maths as your interview option to get interviewed by him.
Reply 515
I think you have to pick Maths as your interview option to get interviewed by him.

Really? I knew someone who was interviewed by mr handscombe and she was interviewed on art. While I was interviewed on politics:s-smilie:
Original post by Xctv
Really? I knew someone who was interviewed by mr handscombe and she was interviewed on art. While I was interviewed on politics:s-smilie:

oh. But he is a maths teacher... meh.
Im really annoyed that i was rejected when i scored 496 but I guess being put on the waiting list still means ive got some chance ...
Original post by yasi98
He retweeted mine, and I swiftly cleaned out my account just in case :colondollar:

I was wondering what your overall verdict of the school is? Are the teachers etc. good? And what sort of grades are people aiming for/achieving currently? Sorry for the questions but I'm debating whether to choose HWSF over my current school :smile:

Yes. I would also like to hear your detailed opinion on the school so far.
Reply 519
Original post by Xctv

was this a biology teacher by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending