The Student Room Group

For art students applying for universities in 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by india.mercer
Yeah I have no clue either... My UCAS track says that they have until 7th of May to respond to my application... But I seriously hope they reply soon! I'm going crazy waiting haha...
Did you have to do interviews for the other three universities? What kind of questions were asked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had two interviews. Both phone call / Skype call. The first question in both cases was why that university, why photography. I was also asked about my insporations, my influences, whether my work was just for myself, whether I used daily light. They were related to my portfolio generally speaking. I was also asked what did I know about the university and I was given an opportunity to ask them any questions :smile: They all were patient and nice. If all universities are that kind I will have a serious problem with choosing :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cordeliatte
I had two interviews. Both phone call / Skype call. The first question in both cases was why that university, why photography. I was also asked about my insporations, my influences, whether my work was just for myself, whether I used daily light. They were related to my portfolio generally speaking. I was also asked what did I know about the university and I was given an opportunity to ask them any questions :smile: They all were patient and nice. If all universities are that kind I will have a serious problem with choosing :tongue:

Ahh thanks that's super helpful! They don't sound too bad.. I've been stressing about the interview quite a bit haha :tongue:
Do you have a photography page? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No reason to be stressed at all. They know you are from other country. Also, from one of the unis I have heard so many kind things about my work. I have never felt so encouraged. They are super friendly. Good luck!!

And I have a kind of website.... a profile on PhotoVogue....as anyone can create there a portfolio. I can send you a link if you would like too....only if you send me yours. Then we can together pay each other compliments so we will feel more confident on our interviews :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 123
i visited Norwich for an Open day and loved the facilities and look of the place. the buildings and studios are quite spread out but still connected. i quite liked that due to the fact you get to see the town and go out rather than be closed in one space. the lectures were quite interesting and it looked very professional but relaxed at the same time- a lot of good facilities and impressive exemplar work shown in studios :-)
as for AUB, i had an interview there and received a conditional offer! It's my top choice so i'm working hard! I loved it! the university is very nice, amazing facilities and i had a tour with a 3rd year student who was honest in everything he said but gave a really good impression of everything from the studies to nightlife and general atmosphere :-) and also the beach! a good plus.
Original post by nattnp
i visited Norwich for an Open day and loved the facilities and look of the place. the buildings and studios are quite spread out but still connected. i quite liked that due to the fact you get to see the town and go out rather than be closed in one space. the lectures were quite interesting and it looked very professional but relaxed at the same time- a lot of good facilities and impressive exemplar work shown in studios :-)
as for AUB, i had an interview there and received a conditional offer! It's my top choice so i'm working hard! I loved it! the university is very nice, amazing facilities and i had a tour with a 3rd year student who was honest in everything he said but gave a really good impression of everything from the studies to nightlife and general atmosphere :-) and also the beach! a good plus.

Congrats on your AUB offer :biggrin: What course have you applied to?
Have any Painting & Printmaking applicants heard ANYTHING at all from Glasgow since submission? They haven't even confirmed an interview for me and I'm losing the will to live
Has anyone got offers from Leeds College Of Art?
Original post by danimeatsix
Has anyone got offers from Leeds College Of Art?

I got an offer for Graphic Design there :smile: I'm still deliberating about where to go though.
Got LCA down as my firm choice :smile:
Original post by nattnp

Congratulations on your AUB offer, I have also recieved a conditional offer from them :biggrin: Have you firmed your place there yet and do you know which accomodation you want to apply to stay in yet?
Course change updates at chelsea anyone???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stephenson9593
Congratulations on your AUB offer, I have also recieved a conditional offer from them :biggrin: Have you firmed your place there yet and do you know which accomodation you want to apply to stay in yet?

woo! what course? :-) and not yet! about to do it now hahah
will probably be applying for the halls as they look amazing! but price might be a struggle...but willing to sacrifice if it means a better living experience :-)
Original post by Cordeliatte
Congrats on your AUB offer :biggrin: What course have you applied to?

Illustration! how about you? :smile:
Original post by natt.pxo
woo! what course? :-) and not yet! about to do it now hahah
will probably be applying for the halls as they look amazing! but price might be a struggle...but willing to sacrifice if it means a better living experience :-)

Graphic design :smile: What course are you doing? Yeah I really want to stay in the Madeira Road halls, I have a friend who lives there now and it's so nice! Yeah Madeira is about £130 a month which is a lot more than the others but so worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natt.pxo
Illustration! how about you? :smile:

Congrats everybody there,
I've got an conditional offer for Commercial Photography. I'm so excited. I applied for George Close for accommodation as my first choice as it looked so lovely and Winston Halls as second choice..and Maidera Road as third. We'll see.
Anyone studying graphic design at Coventry
Still waiting to hear from chelsea, but out of BA FINE ART at kingston and Oxford brookes can anyone give me any advice on which would be the better option? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 137
Anyone else here firmed Norwich University of the Arts? :smile:
Is anyone else doing illustration at the university of wolverhampton? :biggrin:
Hi!

I'm really stuck when it comes to what I'm doing next year (2016 entry). I know I want to do a design based course rather than fine art etc but I'm unsure of which area I would like to go into. For this reason I think the best option for me is a Foundation.

Problem is, I'm from Northern Ireland and the courses here are limited. I would love to go to England/Scotland but I'm finding it hard to find foundation degrees. Also I am not sure if I would be able to get student loans/finance if its just for a foundation. I will have to pay for living expenses, accommodation etc. Has anyone else had the same problem as me??? Would I be better looking for an undergrad course with a year 0???

What uni's would you recommend for foundation or year 0??

Quick Reply

Latest