The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sparkykate
Offer from Eversheds Leeds office, over the moon!! :biggrin:

Congrats! :smile:
Unsurprising PFO form 2birds following video interview.

Only applied to two firms, 2birds and Macfarlanes (PFO after AC), so I'm hoping for a bit of luck next year!

Well done! Email or call?

Well done!! :smile:
Original post by Kate1717
I didn't hear until the next day at 5.30pm so it could still be good news :smile: good luck!

Thanks for that. Hoping it is good news. Which office are you?
Original post by TCchaser
Thanks for that. Hoping it is good news. Which office are you?

Leeds :smile: you?
does anyone know if theres any other stages after the critical thinking test for Hill Dickinson and when we should find out? I assume theres going to be a face to face interview as well?

and for those asking, yes the HD test is a watson glaser one, quite simple too so shouldn't have many problems

Had the AC at Leeds but for Manchester.

congrats!!! got my fingers crossed for the London office!
Reply 4549

Congrats!!

When did you hear and when did you interview? I am Still waiting for Manchester?
Original post by Sian.
Congrats!!

When did you hear and when did you interview? I am Still waiting for Manchester?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Manchester too. I don't think they've began giving out offers yet.
Has anyone heard back from Orrick for those that have applied? I'm very aware that their first Open Day is next Thursday and the second is only 4 weeks away! I can't decide whether to email or not.
In need of some advice....

I've been invited to the final stage assessment centre/selection days for Bird&Bird and BLP in London, but I'm currently studying abroad in Asia.

I emailed them both to see if I could do the assessment in their Asian offices or via video but unfortunately I need to attend in person.

Feeling pretty disheartened as I cannot really afford to fly back, plus then I'll be jetlagged and will miss classes at Uni out here, but I don't want to deselect myself out of the process.

What do you think I should do? Is it worth asking if I can have my application deferred/ transferred to a TC app or something so that all is not lost?
Reply 4553
Has anyone heard either way from Stephenson Harwood / knows someone who has??? Wait is so painful. Post-app or post-interview thanks!
Reply 4554
Original post by kalipso708
Bird & Bird Insight Day - anyone else? :smile:

Surprisingly, yes!:tongue:
Reply 4555
Also, Hill Dickinson people I don't think there's another stage?? Or has someone called and asked? Although critical reasoning was a classic Watson Glaser so doubt this will be what will help them decide who makes the final cut-- on the other hand it is too late for a face to face interview - I mean their easter scheme is in less than a month!

Maybe they will just combine app + video interview + test results to make decisions

(and/or hope people are withdrawing their app coz its too late)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 777m
Also, Hill Dickinson people I don't think there's another stage?? Or has someone called and asked? Although critical reasoning was a classic Watson Glaser so doubt this will be what will help them decide who makes the final cut-- on the other hand it is too late for a face to face interview - I mean their easter scheme is in less than a month!

Maybe they will just combine app + video interview + test results to make decisions

(and/or hope people are withdrawing their app coz its too late)

To be honest I've got no idea how they have decided who to shortlist throughout the whole process; both the application & interview were very short and generic!

I assumed this was the last stage but I have no idea quite honestly! Do you/does anyone know how many applicants get to this stage?
Original post by LawStudent30
To be honest I've got no idea how they have decided who to shortlist throughout the whole process; both the application & interview were very short and generic!

I assumed this was the last stage but I have no idea quite honestly! Do you/does anyone know how many applicants get to this stage?

I no idea on numbers, but Chambers says this: Selection procedure You will need to have completed an online application, a video interview and a psychometric test by the closing dates, so apply early and please ensure you give yourself plenty of time.
Reply 4558
Original post by mrinvinicble
I'm still waiting to hear back from Manchester too. I don't think they've began giving out offers yet.

Just heard back and got an offer for their vac scheme :smile:
Original post by Sian.
Just heard back and got an offer for their vac scheme :smile:

Congratulations! Phone call or email?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending