The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by TheLittlestElf
Do any of you have any cool NFL merchandise?

A match ball from the first Wembley game in 2007.
I got a pair of gloves from Rob Gronkowski himself, game worn. His hands are absolutely massive.
Original post by cardinalgirl98
Gaaaaay! ������

If you want gaaaaaay listen to this :lol: http://youtu.be/x-2RGFNyaGU
Reply 744
Original post by Malevolent
I got a pair of gloves from Rob Gronkowski himself, game worn. His hands are absolutely massive.

that's class!!! how did you get them?
Original post by Yeah dude
If you want gaaaaaay listen to this :lol: http://youtu.be/x-2RGFNyaGU

Huh gaaaaaay! 😁😄
Original post by Joid14
that's class!!! how did you get them?

Actually had a friend give them to me because he knew I was such a big fan of his. Funny thing was I attended the game at Wembley, I just wasn't that close to the sidelines whereas my friends mother had some sort of VIP pass and well he managed to snag them. Passed them to me because he wasn't a fan and he knew it would make me so much happier.
Reply 747
Actually had a friend give them to me because he knew I was such a big fan of his. Funny thing was I attended the game at Wembley, I just wasn't that close to the sidelines whereas my friends mother had some sort of VIP pass and well he managed to snag them. Passed them to me because he wasn't a fan and he knew it would make me so much happier.

haha perfect!
Original post by Joid14
haha perfect!

They're my babies haha. Framed them and everything.
Reply 749
They're my babies haha. Framed them and everything.

I'm a little jealous :frown:
Original post by Joid14
I'm a little jealous :frown:

I was admittedly very lucky that and my other autograph from a certain Soccer player are my two prized possessions, though technically kinda cheated since the gloves were given.
Reply 751
I was admittedly very lucky that and my other autograph from a certain Soccer player are my two prized possessions, though technically kinda cheated since the gloves were given.

who is the 'soccer' player?
Original post by Joid14
who is the 'soccer' player?

A certain diminutive Argentinean
Reply 753

I've got the beanie from the IS game between the Jags and the Cowboys. There aren't many of those floating around. Nothing to compare to Gronk's gloves though. They're pretty special.

I've seen that diminutive Argentinian play live at Old Trafford assuming we're talking about the same guy. He still had it even then.

Tebow works out for Philly. Surely not right? As if they haven't had enough blunders...
(edited 9 years ago)
When was the last time a team had an off season like the 49ers?

Chris Borland just retired and was supposed to be the replacement for Willis...

Yeah.

I had a Reebok Orange (alternate) 2010 Knowshon Moreno #27 jersey (my first one), but I gave that away to my Uruguayan friend, after he finished his exchange in the US.
A Reebok Navy 2007(?) Champ Bailey #24 Jersey (is my lounging around/playing catch/going gym jersey -- there's a portion of the back numbers missing, but other than that it's in fair condition, and fits nicely, even over pads and stuff)
A Nike Navy 2013 Youth XL Champ Bailey #24 jersey ("gameday jersey", which I wear over my thin navy coat)
A Nike Orange 2014 Youth XL Peyton Manning #18 jersey. Another gameday jersey, but I think it's a little cursed. I might have to have it re-blessed with the home game against Oakland or something.
And since a look is not complete without beads, I got some orange and blue Broncos beads from Mile High.

A 39Thirty New Era hat...it's pretty cool, but now I sort of feel like I cheaped out in not getting a 59Fifty "snapback" hat. I intend to right that wrong soon though.

I've decided that my next Jersey purchases will be a Chris Harris Jr. and a CJ Anderson jersey. Hopefully, one in white, and one in navy, although I'll wear my current jerseys with pride.
I also have a pair of Adidas receiving gloves, and a Schutt DNA Pro+ (in the midnight navy), but that's not NFL merchandise. It'll feel sooooooo good to get back to England and start playing for the Plymouth Blitz again...
Original post by Joid14
A match ball from the first Wembley game in 2007.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.
When was the last time a team had an off season like the 49ers?

Chris Borland just retired and was supposed to be the replacement for Willis...

Now that is a shock. Had an outstanding rookie season.

As a player, his retirement is a big loss for the 49ers.
As a human being, he deserves the best for the future.

My friend had him on fantasy last year in an IDP league, and Borland was a big reason he got to the championship game. He picked him up midway in the season (It was annoying since I needed LBs after Paul Posluszny was injured...) and ran the table, until the championship game. Prior to that, even though he had Aaron Rodgers, he only won one game.
Original post by jammy4041
Now that is a shock. Had an outstanding rookie season.

As a player, his retirement is a big loss for the 49ers.
As a human being, he deserves the best for the future.

My friend had him on fantasy last year in an IDP league, and Borland was a big reason he got to the championship game. He picked him up midway in the season (It was annoying since I needed LBs after Paul Posluszny was injured...) and ran the table, until the championship game. Prior to that, even though he had Aaron Rodgers, he only won one game.

Very big one. Good on him for realizing his health is the most important part and being able to walk away from the game. He wont be the last that does.

That 49ers defense though is absolutely shredded.
Very big one. Good on him for realizing his health is the most important part and being able to walk away from the game. He wont be the last that does.

That 49ers defense though is absolutely shredded.

Hm, hopefully Wes Welker and a few other realize the same thing. But, so soon after his rookie season? That was a shock. Patrick Willis was a shock too, and I have a hunch that their retirements must be linked. Shoot, if a LB like Patrick Willis in his prime decides to retire for health reasons, then there is probably little reason for Chris Borland to continue. He would have looked up to Willis in college, been star struck as a pro to play with him and stuff...

Now, the 49ers are dependent on NaVorro Bowman to get and stay healthy, but he'll never be the same again after his leg was folded in half in the 2013 NFCCG.

They've gone from having a loaded defense, to a thread bare one. Losses in the secondary and big losses in the front seven. Borland, Willis, probably Justin Smith as well. That's also veteran presence and leadership that isn't replaceable by a rookie. Heck, Aldon Smith is likely to be cut soon enough, but the 49ers could ill-afford that. He'll probably won't be resigned when his contract is up at the end of this season.

It's not a good draft to be needing an ILB. Sure, Benardrick McKinney is a decent option, but it's reaching with the pick the 49ers have in the first round. Eric Kendricks is the best ILB, and might be worth the gamble, but as it stands, he's better as a 4-3 OLB, than a 3-4 ILB, but then again, AJ Hawk was 235lbs, so I feel a little better about drafting Kendricks in the first. Absolute, sideline to sideline monster for UCLA.

Shoot, the 49ers might as well go for him...he'll have better hands than any of their wide-receivers anyway...

[video="youtube;x24S4ce1h3s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x24S4ce1h3s[/video]

On offense, they've lost Gore and Iupati and are losing Crabtree. They lost Harbaugh, who was a great offensive mind. Lost Greg Roman (although that's not really a loss, but he did create a very good running game) and Vic Fangio to Chicago.

They have to blow it all up and start again. What was a simple retooling to get back into playoff contention now needs some serious rebuilding.

Quick Reply

Latest