The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aymz1983
Has anyone heard back from Orrick for those that have applied? I'm very aware that their first Open Day is next Thursday and the second is only 4 weeks away! I can't decide whether to email or not.

Yeah I heard back today. Open day on the 14th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zooly1
Surprisingly, yes!:tongue:

Great!! Which day are you going? Also - can't figure out if there's an interview involved or just group exercises, do you have any idea?

Thanks!
Original post by pink_floyd
In need of some advice....

I've been invited to the final stage assessment centre/selection days for Bird&Bird and BLP in London, but I'm currently studying abroad in Asia.

I emailed them both to see if I could do the assessment in their Asian offices or via video but unfortunately I need to attend in person.

Feeling pretty disheartened as I cannot really afford to fly back, plus then I'll be jetlagged and will miss classes at Uni out here, but I don't want to deselect myself out of the process.

What do you think I should do? Is it worth asking if I can have my application deferred/ transferred to a TC app or something so that all is not lost?

That's really annoying. I'd definitely ask if you can defer your application or switch to a direct TC app, they're obviously interested in you as a candidate so you might as well try!
Anyone heard back from Gibson Dunn, Rosenblatt's, Cleary, or Faegre? Thanks :smile:
Has anyone had an interview for Wedlake Bell and got any tips? :smile:
Original post by Mariemay94
Has anyone had an interview for Wedlake Bell and got any tips? :smile:

Hey, do you mind me asking when you got an invite?
Has anyone heard from Weightmans?
Original post by JeffBerg55
Well done! Email or call?

Was a phone call :smile:
Thank you for your application to Penningtons Manches LLP for a vacation scheme placement or information day.

Although we read your application with great interest, we have not been able to shortlist you for our vacation scheme. You are, however, still being considered for a place on one of the information days that we will hold in our London office during July. These interactive days comprise a variety of activities including a series of presentations about the firm as well as an opportunity for you to meet us and ask any questions you have about the firm and our trainee recruitment process.

We will be in touch during May with further news about your application. If, in the meantime, you would prefer not to be considered for an information day, please let us know, so that we can amend our records.

Penningtons Manches LLP

Has anyone else received this?

Im now uncertain whether even if I get an invite to the Information day, (although they only take about 15 for that- so very competitive for that too), do they offer TC for those attending Info days? Pretty much most or all offers would go to the Vac schemers.

X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hazza77
congrats!!! got my fingers crossed for the London office!

Good luck! Hope you hear good news soon :smile:
Original post by Sian.
Just heard back and got an offer for their vac scheme :smile:

Ah congrats!! For Leeds or Manchester? :smile:
Original post by Yazooo
Hey, do you mind me asking when you got an invite?

Last Tuesday by phone call!
Bit strange to ask, I know, but is it acceptable to turn down an Assessment Centre invitation? I have already accepted a vac scheme offer, and I have to focus on academic stuff right now so don't have time to attend? Is it really rude to say no?
Reply 4573
What other careers are people looking at beyond law? Im starting to wonder if I should reconsider my career choice after no vac schemes and a ridiculous amount of time spent on apps and interviews :tongue:
Original post by VS2015TC2017
Anyone heard from Gibson Dunn this recruitment cycle?

Not heard anything from them, thinking of sending an email about it. Does anyone know if they've done all their assessment days yet?
Reply 4575
Hugely surprised to get past the (strange) online interview for Bird&Bird. Any info on the 'insight and selection day' for the vacation scheme? Would be much appreciated :biggrin:
Original post by Sian.
Congrats!!

When did you hear and when did you interview? I am Still waiting for Manchester?

I interviewed early feb and heard back the next day :smile: good luck!!
Original post by sparkykate
Offer from Eversheds Leeds office, over the moon!! :biggrin:

Congrats on the offer. I assume you had to sit an AC in Leeds? How long after your face to face interview did you receive an invite to the AC?
Original post by Yazooo
Has anyone heard from Weightmans?

Nothing from them yet .....
Original post by Bermudas
Congrats on the offer. I assume you had to sit an AC in Leeds? How long after your face to face interview did you receive an invite to the AC?

Thank you :smile: No, it's telephone interview, then face to face and offer after that. You have to do an AC on the VS to be considered for a TC - sorry about all the abbreviations haha! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending