The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
Dear brother,

I highly recommend you to read a report on the use of chemical weapons, by a UN inspector:

[video="youtube;fXmzBFyXvVI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXmzBFyXvVI[/video]

Infact, evidence found it was ISIS groups who used chemical weapons. Assad a dictator he may be, was warned if he used it, it would cause intervention. He was infact, in the ascendency when he was warned, only an idiot would then use weapons.

I don't support ISIS, neither does Saudi = ISIS.

From what I read, both sides are accused of using them.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/16/us-syria-crisis-un-idUSBRE98F0ED20130916
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Saddam turned into a rouge animal towards the end, and Israel would have wanted another US puppet who was more adherent to them, than Saddam.

Ditto Assad

Original post by Tawheed

I condemn Any dictator, from the republicans in the US, Israel, Saudi Arabia, ISIS, Alqaeda, and also Assad.

Dictators in the GOP and Israel?

Original post by Tawheed

Saddam hussein was a particularly bad dictator, who ruled under far more fear with far less religious freedom.

Am sure Saddam's Iraq was comparable (if not better) than Assad's Syria prior to 1991. Then there was the whole Gulf War (admittedly Saddam's doing) which totally destablised the country and lead to Saddam needing to use cruel and violent force to exert control. Same in Syria with the blow back of the Arab Spring, with Assad needing to use cruel and violent force to exert control.

Original post by Tawheed

BUT, for the greater good, i would rather have a secular Assad in power than the 200k dead, economy bust, and tafkiri's in charge in Syria now.

I quite agree. Would you say the same for a secular Saddam being in power in Iraq?

ISOC Members: apologies for introducing debate into your thread. I did feel that Tahweed did need calling up on the Saddam post.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
I don't support ISIS, neither does Saudi = ISIS.

From what I read, both sides are accused of using them.

I will bring up if i can free time a long list of Saudi-arabia's crimes against their own people, and involvement in supporting terrorist groups, but first, here are the words of Ron Paul on the 'chemical' weapons false flag issue:

[video="youtube;e-flp1Gvl10"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-flp1Gvl10[/video]
Original post by Rat_Bag

I quite agree. Would you say the same for a secular Saddam being in power in Iraq?

Saddam Hussein was not so 'secular'. He did not allow religious freedom, which Assad did, and gassed far more people, and was quite ruthless and destabilizing. I did not support the invasion of Iraq, and would have supported other means to get him out of power.
Original post by Tawheed
I will bring up if i can free time a long list of Saudi-arabia's crimes against their own people, and involvement in supporting terrorist groups, but first, here are the words of Ron Paul on the 'chemical' weapons false flag issue:

[video="youtube;e-flp1Gvl10"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-flp1Gvl10[/video]

Feel free, I've probably seen most of them before though.

His argument seems to be "I think Al Qaeda has the most to gain from this, therefore they set Assad up". He doesn't really bring any proof forward.
Original post by Tawheed

3. Even commentators such as Ron Paul began to realize and notice this.

"Even" commentators such as Ron Paul? What do you mean by that? Ron Paul is dogmatically isolationist, and will support any argument that shoots down possibilities of American intervention anywhere.
Original post by Tawheed
I had followed the situation very closely, here was my take:

1. News that chemical weapons were used - Assad was accused - which was convinient as at that time, there was widepsread support and even John Mcain met those attacking Assad. Israel were voicing their hate of Assad, and tafkiri's were flooding into Syria in terrorist groups such as 'al nusra'.

2. UN investigations and video's showed it was infact, the tafkiri groups who had used chemical weapons. People from many walks of life began to realise that Assad a dictator he may be, was not so stupid to risk foreign intervention by using chemical weapons on his own people.

3. Even commentators such as Ron Paul began to realize and notice this.

- Fair enough. Doesn't prove he didn't do it though, you're making a similar argument to Ron Paul without any proper proof. Not everyone who goes to fight "Assad" is a "takfiri", you need to get out of this mindset.

- The article I linked above talked about the UN report, it made no indication of who the UN accused. Countries even used the report en masse to blame Assad. Like I've said before, both sides have been accused of using them on several different occasions. I'm not even denying that some of the opposition have used them but I disagree with your position of saying that Assad has never used them.

- And? From what I know, he's pretty anti-war. So he's likely to take a position which doesn't see America heading into another war. He can realize and notice all he wants, unless he starts bringing proof, I'm not going to just buy his word.
- Fair enough. Doesn't prove he didn't do it though, you're making a similar argument to Ron Paul without any proper proof. Not everyone who goes to fight "Assad" is a "takfiri", you need to get out of this mindset.

A large proportion who do, are. It's become extremely intertwined and mixed. So while i accept , not all those who fight Assad are Tafkiri's it was totally unwise to try to use a military platform against him, which invited scores of ISIS and Tafkiri groups - now the majority.

- The article I linked above talked about the UN report, it made no indication of who the UN accused. Countries even used the report en masse to blame Assad. Like I've said before, both sides have been accused of using them on several different occasions. I'm not even denying that some of the opposition have used them but I disagree with your position of saying that Assad has never used them.

I have not stated that Assad never used chemical weapons, only that a UN report found it was the Rebels, not Assad who used them, Additionally, i then examined the plausibility of the claim Assad himself used chemical weapons, and quoted Ron Paul, who himself attested to the fact that the 'red line' had been drawn on Assad, he had been warned if he used chemical weapons there would be forgein interference. He was winning at the time, so it would make absolutely no sense for him to then use chemical weapons. Rather than ruling it out, i simply said it was unlikely.

- And? From what I know, he's pretty anti-war. So he's likely to take a position which doesn't see America heading into another war. He can realize and notice all he wants, unless he starts bringing proof, I'm not going to just buy his word.

While Ron Paul is anti-war, he made a pretty good point about how ludicrous it would be for Assad, who was winning, who was on the ascendency, who knew full well that any use of chemical weapons would lead to foreign inteference, to then risk his entire position and needlessly use them.
Original post by Rat_Bag
"Even" commentators such as Ron Paul? What do you mean by that? Ron Paul is dogmatically isolationist, and will support any argument that shoots down possibilities of American intervention anywhere.

That's the genetic fallacy, refuting the source, rather than the content of the claims and the arguments made.

requote: "

[INDENT]While Ron Paul is anti-war, he made a pretty good point about how ludicrous it would be for Assad, who was winning, who was on the ascendency, who knew full well that any use of chemical weapons would lead to foreign inteference, to then risk his entire position and needlessly use them.[/INDENT]

Original post by Tawheed
That's the genetic fallacy, refuting the source, rather than the content of the claims and the arguments made.

requote: "

[INDENT]While Ron Paul is anti-war, he made a pretty good point about how ludicrous it would be for Assad, who was winning, who was on the ascendency, who knew full well that any use of chemical weapons would lead to foreign inteference, to then risk his entire position and needlessly use them.[/INDENT]

That's not the point of my post. My point was you said "Even Ron Paul.......". It isn't particularly surprising Ron Paul took the position he did. It would be a bit like saying "Even the KKK were lynching blacks", or "Even ISIS think the Qur'an is true".
Mashallah a brother took shahadah today! :biggrin: Buzzing!
Original post by Tawheed
A large proportion who do, are. It's become extremely intertwined and mixed. So while i accept , not all those who fight Assad are Tafkiri's it was totally unwise to try to use a military platform against him, which invited scores of ISIS and Tafkiri groups - now the majority.

I have not stated that Assad never used chemical weapons, only that a UN report found it was the Rebels, not Assad who used them, Additionally, i then examined the plausibility of the claim Assad himself used chemical weapons, and quoted Ron Paul, who himself attested to the fact that the 'red line' had been drawn on Assad, he had been warned if he used chemical weapons there would be forgein interference. He was winning at the time, so it would make absolutely no sense for him to then use chemical weapons. Rather than ruling it out, i simply said it was unlikely.

While Ron Paul is anti-war, he made a pretty good point about how ludicrous it would be for Assad, who was winning, who was on the ascendency, who knew full well that any use of chemical weapons would lead to foreign inteference, to then risk his entire position and needlessly use them.

Do you have any stats? How many go to syria and how many from those people join a takfiri group?

I said in post #6704:
"Last time I checked, the Saudi's, unlike Assad, weren't using chemical weapons on their people though"

and you replied in post #6705 saying:
"Infact, evidence found it was ISIS groups who used chemical weapons. Assad a dictator he may be, was warned if he used it, it would cause intervention. He was infact, in the ascendency when he was warned, only an idiot would then use weapons."

Thats implying he never used them on his people.

Like I've said above, people have used to the same UN report to pinpoint the attack on Assad.

Look. Unless Ron Paul is actually going to bring some proof, his statements mean nothing. An anti-war guy being anti-war (as usual) isn't a good argument.Perhaps Assad saw his chance? Well the war is slowing down, noone will think it's me, I can take out thousands in the matter of minutes and the blame will go to the opposition! Then they'll get bad reputation and their swelling numbers may stop increasing. There I've reversed the argument
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by R£SP£CT

Alhamdullilah thats great :smile:
A canadian spy (allegedly) helped the three girls who recently went to syria to cross the border to join ISIS. Like what the hell.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11467539/Turkey-detains-spy-who-helped-British-teens-cross-into-Syria-to-join-Islamic-State.html

Turkey has arrested a person for helping three British girls enter Syria, while making the intriguing claim that he or she was working for a foreign intelligence agency.
The arrest was said to have been made a week ago, but the details were only released by the foreign minister, Mevlüt Çavuşoglu, in what appeared to be impromptu remarks in a television interview on Thursday.
“Do you know who the person who helped the girls turned out to be?” he said. “Someone who works for the intelligence service of a country that is part of the coalition.”
Officials subsequently said the intelligence service concerned was neither the US, a European country or an Arab nation, leading Turkish journalists to suggest it was a Canadian spy.
“We are aware of these reports. We do not comment on operational matters of national security,” said a spokesman for the Canadian foreign ministry.
“The person was working for the intelligence agency of a coalition country but is not a citizen of that country,” the Turkish foreign ministry said. “The person was not a Turkish citizen either.”....
Muslim Brotherhood leader Badie sentenced to death in Egypt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31914964

An Egyptian court has handed down death sentences to the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood movement and 13 others, state media has reported.

Mohammed Badie and the other key members of the group were found guilty of planning attacks against the state.

Mr Badie is embroiled in several trials and has been sentenced to death before, although the sentences were later reduced to life imprisonment.

Egypt's government declared the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group in 2013.

Hundreds of people have been sentenced to death in a crackdown on Islamists following the removal of President Mohammed Morsi in 2013.

Earlier this month Egypt carried out its first execution over the violence that followed Mr Morsi's overthrow.

May Allah help our brothers in Egypt.
Muslim Brotherhood leader Badie sentenced to death in Egypt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31914964

May Allah help our brothers in Egypt.

Ameen. May Allah preserve them
Original post by R£SP£CT

May Allah keep him steadfast upon this deen!
Original post by Biryani007

Ameen
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Ameen. May Allah preserve them

Original post by Biryani007

Ameen.
Thought this would be interesting....watch it all!
[video="youtube;7d16CpWp-ok"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d16CpWp-ok[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest