Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN Nursing September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Dadeo
The conversions I had on my test were along the lines of millilitres to litres or millimeters to centimeters and things like that, stuff that everybody knows. Are they the ones you're asking about? You literally get no help with it, just the questions and thats it. No hints, its definitely GCSE standard and quite a few of the questions are easy enough to do in your head. Have you done some practise papers? Quite a few uni's have practise nursing entrance maths tests on their websites. :smile:

Thank you, it's just that the other interviews I have been to have provided the values for you on the front of the paper :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 241
Hello there, I am new to the student room, and I will be attending UCLAN in Sep 15 for Adult Nursing hurrrraaaayy!!! So very excited!!!! I was just wondering if any previous students know what the timetable is like? How many days a week are we in uni/placement etc. and also how long are the holidays for Christmas and such?
Thank you guys :biggrin:
Happy Nursing ^^ xxxxx
Just sorted my bursary,, anyone know what u do about grants etc x
Original post by Kat705
Hello there, I am new to the student room, and I will be attending UCLAN in Sep 15 for Adult Nursing hurrrraaaayy!!! So very excited!!!! I was just wondering if any previous students know what the timetable is like? How many days a week are we in uni/placement etc. and also how long are the holidays for Christmas and such?
Thank you guys :biggrin:
Happy Nursing ^^ xxxxx

I know people who are doing nursing at the moment and I thinks its

14 weeks theory
3 weeks christmas
9 weeks placement
then 4/5 weeks theory
then easter for two weeks
then 9 weeks placements
BUT its only 1st year thats like that apparently, from 2nd year onwards the holidays are completely different.

I ve heard its at most monday to thursday 9 to 4/5 but less some weeks
Hey!
So I've got my conditional offer for UCLAN Children's nursing, and I was wondering if there was anyone else also got it as their firm choice?
Also, I'm still in limbo whether to live in or commute, any advice? ☺️
Original post by Eli_rebecca
Hey!
So I've got my conditional offer for UCLAN Children's nursing, and I was wondering if there was anyone else also got it as their firm choice?

When was your interview??
Reply 246
Original post by claireestelle
I know people who are doing nursing at the moment and I thinks its

14 weeks theory
3 weeks christmas
9 weeks placement
then 4/5 weeks theory
then easter for two weeks
then 9 weeks placements
BUT its only 1st year thats like that apparently, from 2nd year onwards the holidays are completely different.

I ve heard its at most monday to thursday 9 to 4/5 but less some weeks

Awww thank you so much for your reply :smile: you have helped a lot thank you eeee I am so excited :smile: are you starting on September too? Xxxx
Reply 247
I've got my childrena interview on Wednesday !! Anyone else ??
Original post by chloe26092012
When was your interview??

6th of March!
Original post by Kat705
Awww thank you so much for your reply :smile: you have helped a lot thank you eeee I am so excited :smile: are you starting on September too? Xxxx

Yes I am:smile: I ve got a place on mental health nursing
For anyone worried that they're still waiting to hear, I had my interview on Friday 13th Feb and received an offer exactly 4 weeks later on Friday 13th March for adult nursing. Been offered March 2016 so don't worry if you've not heard yet xx
Original post by MissMaynard
For anyone worried that they're still waiting to hear, I had my interview on Friday 13th Feb and received an offer exactly 4 weeks later on Friday 13th March for adult nursing. Been offered March 2016 so don't worry if you've not heard yet xx

Hiya, I had my interview for Adult Nursing in Jan and received an offer 3 weeks later, also for March 2016! Have you accepted? I'm really pleased to get March 2016, gives me the chance to spend time with my kids when I finish my Access course :-) Well done btw!! Xx
Original post by miss_kitty
Hiya, I had my interview for Adult Nursing in Jan and received an offer 3 weeks later, also for March 2016! Have you accepted? I'm really pleased to get March 2016, gives me the chance to spend time with my kids when I finish my Access course :-) Well done btw!! Xx

Well done to you too! Well Edge Hill is my first choice but have to wait until April for a decision from them but if it's a no, I'll be accepting Uclan. It's just Edge Hill is easier for me to get to but it's just a waiting game at the minute xx
Hey!

I guess that depends on where you live as parking permits only get given to people who live at least quite far away and if you re happy living with other students i guess?
I guess that depends on where you live as parking permits only get given to people who live at least quite far away and if you re happy living with other students i guess?

Thanks!
Yeah I don't mind living with other students, for me it would be whether I could afford to live in and keep my car going or not 🙈
I live about 45 minutes away from The university, so I'm guessing that's not far enough for the permit?
Thanks!
Yeah I don't mind living with other students, for me it would be whether I could afford to live in and keep my car going or not ������
I live about 45 minutes away from The university, so I'm guessing that's not far enough for the permit?

This might help
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/students/life/car_parking.php

But yeah if you re less than an hour away by bus or train then unless you ve got kids they wont let you have one.
Accommodation is between 3500 and 4 k a year so keeping a car would probably be a struggle if you lived on campus.

I m planning on taking the buses to placements since I could claim all the costs back apparently
Hi, I had an interview at UcLan on 27th November 2014 for Child Nursing and its 19th March 2015- still no response. Is there anything I can do??
Original post by bpreston1234
Hi, I had an interview at UcLan on 27th November 2014 for Child Nursing and its 19th March 2015- still no response. Is there anything I can do??

Ring them up and trace it . My friend had a similar issue with her course and turns out they had asked for her certificates but she hsd just never received the email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zahra96
Ring them up and trace it . My friend had a similar issue with her course and turns out they had asked for her certificates but she hsd just never received the email

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! At least im not the only one!:smile::smile::smile:
This might help
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/students/life/car_parking.php

But yeah if you re less than an hour away by bus or train then unless you ve got kids they wont let you have one.
Accommodation is between 3500 and 4 k a year so keeping a car would probably be a struggle if you lived on campus.

I m planning on taking the buses to placements since I could claim all the costs back apparently

So are you going to UCLAN in September too?
And going to be living in?
I think I've pretty much made my mind up now ahhh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending