The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer Graduate Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

I am still waiting too. It is very frustrating as it has taken them much more time than initially promised.

What is even more annoying is that a handful has received offers, clearly they have done some of the evaluation to offer the positions to the best first. Surely they would have been able to reject some of us by now, why keep us hanging? A bit disrespectful to keep candidates waiting for two months after a full day of assessments to be honest. We had to do video interviews on a short notice over Christmas (e-mail on Christmas Eve!!!), as if that wasn't odd enough, now this... disappointed with them.
And I don't know about you, but I'd rather receive a rejection, which is followed up by feedback later, rather than wait for two months.
Original post by Evelyn_Buttons
I am still waiting too. It is very frustrating as it has taken them much more time than initially promised.

What is even more annoying is that a handful has received offers, clearly they have done some of the evaluation to offer the positions to the best first. Surely they would have been able to reject some of us by now, why keep us hanging? A bit disrespectful to keep candidates waiting for two months after a full day of assessments to be honest. We had to do video interviews on a short notice over Christmas (e-mail on Christmas Eve!!!), as if that wasn't odd enough, now this... disappointed with them.

Have to agree, its not been dealt with very well at all. Seem to be finding that with my other assessment centres too, cancelled a week before I was due to travel over two and a half hours to get there, hotel and train booked and everything. Not very professional at all.
Gosh that sounds terrible! I hope they compensated it.
Yeah its not good at all. We were initially told that the couldn't give us an exact length of time that it would take to get back to us as we were one of the first assessment centres and it wouldn't be until the rest had finished. They did then say probably only 2-3 weeks. 8 weeks later and still nothing. Maybe they have rejected some people? Its only the handful of successful's that seem to have posted on here though. I suppose no news is good news as at least we weren't rejected. Although if it is a rejection i would much rather have found out sooner rather than later. Just getting really impatient now
Reply 185
Hi, I was offered a place on the retail graduate scheme in Tamworth is anyone else based around there? Would be really interested to hear!
Original post by Evelyn_Buttons
Gosh that sounds terrible! I hope they compensated it.

Not as of yet, going to the rearranged one on Wednesday so hopefully will find out then. They said they would, but not been mentioned since.
Iv been put in cheshire oaks store starting in September
Original post by micky123
Iv been put in cheshire oaks store starting in September

When did they tell you?!
Just to throw a spanner in the works, someone from my AC has been offered a section manager's position rather than a place on the retail grad scheme. None of the rest of us have heard anything though!
Well done M&S... sorry for being sarcy.
So i got offered a position with a different company today on their grad scheme and accepted it, chances are i would have chosen this one anyway but all this waiting for m&s confirmed it. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear and hope you find out soon 😊
Congrats Strathy and good for you!
Original post by Stephybob
Just to throw a spanner in the works, someone from my AC has been offered a section manager's position rather than a place on the retail grad scheme. None of the rest of us have heard anything though!

I've met someone else today who were told after 6 weeks they could be section manager but no place on retail scheme either...
I got rejected today, disappointed but there are plenty of other jobs out there!
I haven't heard anything from them but my application centre has now changed to not showing any application.. anyone else having the same?
Original post by jesssssssss
I haven't heard anything from them but my application centre has now changed to not showing any application.. anyone else having the same?

Did you log into the right portal? They have a grad scheme portal and a general recruitment portal. I accidentally signed into the wrong one a few weeks ago and got worried when I couldn't see my application. :P
Original post by Stephybob
Did you log into the right portal? They have a grad scheme portal and a general recruitment portal. I accidentally signed into the wrong one a few weeks ago and got worried when I couldn't see my application. :P

Oooh that might be it! I'll have another try, I just wish they would tell us it is driving me crazy now! Thanks alot :smile:
Reply 198
Is there anyone else who is still waiting to hear on the outcome of the assessment centre? Earlier I received a second response to an email I sent last month which they had already replied to, saying exactly what had been said before (Application on hold, will be in contact soon). Cant really understand whats happening at all!
Did anyone else get placed in the cheshire or liverpool reigon of the country. Also did anyone hear anything about a relocation package?

Quick Reply

Latest