The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If my club had to go anywhere in Europe to overturn a two-goal CL deficit, I'd go for Stade Louis II. Hardly an intimidating atmosphere. Monaco have conceded none at home to any of Ligue I's top six this season, though.
Original post by The Shed End
Arsenal fans hash tagging MiracleInMonaco. Christ you've fallen as a club.

For having hope? More than what any other Premier League club has in Champions League this season.
Original post by Mackay
If my club had to go anywhere in Europe to overturn a two-goal CL deficit, I'd go for Stade Louis II. Hardly an intimidating atmosphere. Monaco have conceded none at home to any of Ligue I's top six this season, though.

I watch Ligue 1 sometimes, and I have seen livelier funerals than Monaco's home games.
Original post by Arkasia
I watch Ligue 1 sometimes, and I have seen livelier funerals than Monaco's home games.

They've scored once against their top six rivals and conceded none. Christ. Imagine being a season-ticket holder.
Original post by Arkasia
Let's be brutally honest here, Monaco just isn't happening. It's a shame, but it's not. The FA Cup, however, still might, and we could nab 2nd in the league, so a good season all around.

Agreed. Worried more about losing someone to injury than the result in the Monaco game. We pissed the tie away in that first game. Disgraceful performance.

Retaining the FA Cup and top 3 would be a good season in my book.
Mackay
They've scored once against their top six rivals and conceded none. Christ. Imagine being a season-ticket holder.

Pretty much just the billionaire version of Aston Villa fans.

We do need a miracle tbf.
Got money on Giroud bagging at least two tomorrow. COYG!
Original post by Arkasia
Pretty much just the billionaire version of Aston Villa fans.

Without the bantersaurus manager.

Beats being racist on trains...
Original post by Jimmy_M
For having hope? More than what any other Premier League club has in Champions League this season.

For painting potentially beating a team who have scored 6 goals in the competition all season at the round of 16 stage of the Champions League as a 'miracle'.
Original post by Mackay
Without the bantersaurus manager.

Shameful of them really.

Original post by Pete_91

On and off*
Original post by Pete_91

Great banter m8. I rate 8/8 no h8

Edit: My comment genuinely had absolutely nothing to do with Chelsea #hateuscostheyaintus #peanutbutterandjealous #inferioritycomplex
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
I just know Yakubu is going to do a madness against us

LOL. I remember when I had a 5* Yakubu MOTM Match Atax card of him in primary. The guy can produce moments of magic.
Great banter m8. I rate 8/8 no h8

Edit: My comment genuinely had absolutely nothing to do with Chelsea #hateuscostheyaintus #peanutbutterandjealous #inferioritycomplex

You're saying how far our club has fallen for tweeting miracleinmonaco, yet your club has a serious issue with something that is actually, you know, serious...

I hardly think twitter is indicative of how our club has fallen, just compare our team to 2004 and it will speak for itself.

In other words, you can be less of a prick about stating the obvious (that we've regressed as a club)...
Original post by De Chirico
Agreed. Worried more about losing someone to injury than the result in the Monaco game. We pissed the tie away in that first game. Disgraceful performance.

Retaining the FA Cup and top 3 would be a good season in my book.

We wouldn't have won the next round anyway. Perhaps against Juventus or Porto, but those are hard, and the rest are just impossible. Next season, with fewer injuries and a defensively balanced squad, perhaps.

Back to back FA Cups and top 3 would be great returns, and would show the most important thing - progress.
Original post by al_94
Arsenal are far superior to Spurs they are not even a top 6 team I don't care if they beat us. I would trade Giroud for Kane anyday. Kane is faster, more agile, can shoot with both feet, better in the air etc.

Is that why they've finished in the top 6 for the last 5 seasons
Original post by Tom_Ford
No, I don't think you do. We have good results and wins against big teams but we are not winning every game against them. That does not make us flat track bullies.

Allow me to enlighten you for just a moment. Flat track bullies means that we dominate inferior opposition but come up short against the top teams, read my original comment and it will all make sense.
Original post by difeo
Is that why they've finished in the top 6 for the last 5 seasons

Spurs are 'best of the rest'. They are like the turnips who fail at a test, but the teacher gives them a gold star for effort.
Original post by Pete_91
You're saying how far our club has fallen for tweeting miracleinmonaco, yet your club has a serious issue with something that is actually, you know, serious...

I hardly think twitter is indicative of how our club has fallen, just compare our team to 2004 and it will speak for itself.

In other words, you can be less of a prick about stating the obvious (that we've regressed as a club)...

Whoa! Why so aggressive? I simply stated an opinion and I get jumped on and called a prick - not cool btw. Still, funny how Arsenal fans are throwing stones in glass houses. They sing about gassing Jewish Tottenham fans and now they go around the internet calling people pricks - something needs to be done about this nutty lot.

Latest