The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ceciafb
So say...an extra hour? Or more? Apparently the parking is a 20 minute walk away which is throwing me off a little

You have to park on main campus I imagine and then it's a 15 minute walk to the medical school, but it's an easy, well signposted walk :smile:
I'd allow an hour, just to be safe. There's a cafe here that will be open, so you can always kill time there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ceciafb
Oops the only one I have lying around is horrific and angry-looking. I'm sure they wont need it but probably best to bring one just in case I guess

Haha! Mine is pretty recent and still pretty terrible :tongue: but yeah, may as well bring it just in case!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well how does everyone think that went ?
I thought it went the same as last year ... And I don't get an offer last year :frown:
Reply 544
Original post by HopefulMedicc
I thought it went the same as last year ... And I don't get an offer last year :frown:

Sorry to hear that. But I'm sure it went better than you think? Was it just MMIs or did you have to do anything else?? Stay positive! X
Original post by Victoria Sponge
Good luck this week everyone. :smile: I've decided not to go today, I hope that means someone else is better off for it.

No, it just means that there will be an empty spot in the schedule and every assessor will be sitting around doing nothing. You can't expect anyone else to be interviewed at such short notice.

Please don't anyone else behave so selfishly. If you're not going to turn up, please give WMS as much notice as possible. Just deciding not to go to your interview on the day is very unprofessional and unfair behaviour and leaves WMS in a very bad position. The spot could have been given to another, worthy candidate but now it's too late.

Poor show.
Reply 546
Original post by ranelagh75
No, it just means that there will be an empty spot in the schedule and every assessor will be sitting around doing nothing. You can't expect anyone else to be interviewed at such short notice.

Please don't anyone else behave so selfishly. If you're not going to turn up, please give WMS as much notice as possible. Just deciding not to go to your interview on the day is very unprofessional and unfair behaviour and leaves WMS in a very bad position. The spot could have been given to another, worthy candidate but now it's too late.

Poor show.

Errm

Its gives people who only have one interview or where Warwick is there last chance a better chance of getting an offer !!! Many people only just got offers from.elsewhere so it would have been too late for people who were rejected .....

I would actively encourage not going because it means a greater amount of people will get offers overall because people with an offer already wouldn't be taking up the places !!!! It makes a much better ratio for us going into interview
Reply 547

Also, can you remember roughly how long it was after the interview that you got a decision last year?

Poor show.

Sorry if you think that way. But it is given that with medicine applications people with unconditional offers will not show up to later interviews. That is probably why warwick do their interviews so late in the first place. I gave Warwick a warning as soon as I got my other offer.

Unfortunately I live in Brighton and it would be a 40 pound train up to warwick plus when i looked for a hotel 4 weeks ago the cheapest place that looked safe enough to stay in was 85 pounds. So it really just does not make sense for me to go to an interview that I know I will not be taking up.

That is just how things go. It would be worse if I showed up, and by any slim chance got an offer and someone else who really needed it didn't.

That is just how I see it, and its how things go with medicine interviews.
Reply 549
When warwick refer to 'insight' on their guidance of the competencies they look for, do they mean that they are looking to see whether we've understood what it means to be a doctor, or are they referring to medical insight which is the procedure of a medic having to reflect on their mistakes?!
And I heard back on the third of April
Reply 551

Thank you very much!
Reply 552

Were the interviews around the same time/did they finish on the same date? Presumably they'll need a similar timeframe from the last interview to analyse the results.
Original post by am1992
Were the interviews around the same time/did they finish on the same date? Presumably they'll need a similar timeframe from the last interview to analyse the results.

My interview was on the 18th march but last year they also had interviews on the 17th feb if I remember ... A lot of people heard back early April and then some people were put on a waiting list and received offers randomly from early April right until mid july!!

Poor show.

I came to that decison in the weekend, after a fair amount of deliberation and as a direct consequence of having received my second offer that same week. I sent an e-mail and withdrew my application, there is not much else I could have done in my position at that moment in time. It was previously my intention to go, otherwise I wouldn't have booked a hotel/transport and collected letters of reference for them.

Of course I didn't expect anyone to be interviewed in my place (that would be silly), but for those that do go there will be, even if only a slight, increase in odds.

Whilst I appreciate your opinion, I ask you not to assume lengthy and condemning conclusions about myself and my behavior from one or two lines of text. Cheers
Reply 555
My interview was on the 18th march but last year they also had interviews on the 17th feb if I remember ... A lot of people heard back early April and then some people were put on a waiting list and received offers randomly from early April right until mid july!!

July! I think that would break me if I had to wait until then!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
You don't have to wait till July. They told us at interview that everyone will hear by April.
How did the interviews go for the ones who have already had em?
Original post by adderz242
How did the interviews go for the ones who have already had em?

Not so great. But this is due entirely to me. The questions really were not too bad at all.
Original post by aGEMapplicant
Not so great. But this is due entirely to me. The questions really were not too bad at all.

What sort of q's did they ask you, was there any ethics ?? also did you have to do any role plays or team working exercises

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending