The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
I don't think I've been this low ever and everything seems wrong and not real and slow, not explaining very well but really calm and it's all weird and bad.

Thanks for other replies too guys, hope you're all ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you safe hun? :frown: :hugs: On skype/here if talking would help.
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Are you safe hun? :frown: :hugs: On skype/here if talking would help.

I don't know. Thanks, don't think I can make sense. Hope you're ok :hugs;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I don't know. Thanks, don't think I can make sense. Hope you're ok :hugs;

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM me if you need, i'm around :hugs:
Feel utterly ****. Don't wanna do this anymore.
Original post by Nathanielle
Laptops with touch screen are awesome, I want one!

They haven't bugged it, for sure, it is far to much effort. Try to think it through, why should they and how was it last time?

Psychiatrists usually have more than one patient, who told them very weird and extreme stories, both true and untrue, so they will hardly act surprised. In addition (s)he knows you and your history probably, too? Hence you see, it is no proof at all.

It is not unusual and you have to admit, there are much easier ways to "sedate" somebody.

Please stay safe!

I don't agree with you there, touch screens are awful! :tongue:

I don't think putting bugs in an office, apartment or computer is too hard, I've watched spy shows, especially when they know my schedule so would be able to ensure I don't walk in on them. I can't go into reasons why exactly, mostly because I'm still not 100% sure myself but I don't think it would be too much effort. I realize my psychiatrist sees different people but I can't help but feel she reacted too little. Sure, she told me to increase the haloperidol but it was kinda like she already knew what I was telling her. I'm not sure there are easier ways to sedate someone, I mean convincing the person to take the drug 3 times a day is pretty easy, you don't need to do anything but write a prescription. I think, well, I'm not 100% but she gave me sleeping pills that don't work so I've been getting like 3 hours sleep - that, combined with the haloperidol is leaving me utterly exhausted. And a tired, grouchy Sabertooth is a lot easier to manipulate into doing what they want.
Got a really scary busy week this week.
Tomorrow going for lunch/st paddies day festivities/ late anniversary time together with the boyfriend
And have to write a menu plan to email my mum for brownies
Wednesday is brownie work day to get through my to do list!
Thursday im goung into my future work to do my DBS check
And friday im seeing the asthma nurse to see if its returned. Pretty scared really.

Then saturday i rest!oh no just remembered at the mother in laws saturday i think cos its her birthday friday! That reminds me i also need to make her present hummmm. Urgh so much to do!
Next week iv decided is flat blitzing week though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
My girlfriend takes too much of a toll on me. She's self destructive and sees me as the solution to all her problems but won't do anything to help herself and that's immense pressure on me. As much as i want things to work out i can't take many more months of this.

Need to clear your inbox!
Original post by lauraaaaa
Need to clear your inbox!

Oops! Done!
the birds outside need to realise what time it is and shut up :shakecane:

Posted from TSR Mobile
cant deal with these thoughts. taking over braain

Hope everyone is ok sorry im rubbish at helping anybody. Judt useless at everything
Original post by Pathway
cant deal with these thoughts. taking over braain

Hope everyone is ok sorry im rubbish at helping anybody. Judt useless at everything

:console:

I'm in a similar boat, too many thoughts that I do not want in my head.

Have you tried anything to distract yourself?
Original post by Sabertooth
:console:

I'm in a similar boat, too many thoughts that I do not want in my head.

Have you tried anything to distract yourself?

Tried listenibg to music and doing some readinf but didnt really help. Just made me dissociate more. Need it to stop tbh :s-smilie:

Are you ok? Can i help?
Original post by Pathway
Tried listenibg to music and doing some readinf but didnt really help. Just made me dissociate more. Need it to stop tbh :s-smilie:

Are you ok? Can i help?

Could you try an online computer game (I recommend bloons tower defense ) or maybe a really hot bath? Another thing (superwolf introduced me to), try an online jigsaw, there are various sites I find doing one with a lot of pieces requires a fair bit of concentration which might help you stop dissociating?

Not really if I'm honest, I don't think you can help but thanks for the offer. :smile:
:tumble:

the above smiley sums up my life most nights. #bored
(edited 9 years ago)
So many panic attacks last night about this essay that's due tomorrow. I think propranolol is going to be on the menu lots today x_x
So guess who's college woke them up at 8 this morning to let them know that they needed to be out of the room by ten and move to a box room 6 flights of stairs away. Oh and the elevator isn't working.
Happy Tuesday people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope everyone is safe :frown: Furry, Pathway and Saber, let us know how you are when you can :sadnod:

james1211
:s-smilie:

I can appreciate it must seem very daunting, the prospect of ending things with your girlfriend. But you WILL find someone else, and hopefully someone who is a better match for you :yes: Your relationship with your girlfriend doesn't sound too healthy and it would be a shame if it started affecting your own mental health in a negative way, or your self-esteem/self-respect :sadnod:

Original post by Silence_Will_Fal
So I posted this as a separate thread, but only got 1 response so far, so I was hoping maybe I could get some advice here aswell, if anyone has some words of advice to give me.

So basically I'll keep this as short as I can. I'm in final year at uni, studying a science degree. I've always been the type of person to although leave work to the last minute, I still get it done, still study and still get the marks that I want. But this year? Everything's changed, I feel so unmotivated to do anything, if I had my way I'd just lay in bed and sleep. I sleep more than 10 hours on weekdays, and 12+ on weekdays, and waking up in the morning knowing that I have to get up and go to uni fills me with dread. I hate it, I hate getting up in the morning. I hate uni and I never used to, I always used to enjoy going to uni, seeing my friends but now I don't even bother with my friends and they've all noticed.

I should be doing my thesis, not even started. It's due in 2 weeks time. And I know I should have started ages ago, but I just didn't know where to start, and kept putting it off and off till now, and now i feel soooo guilty for leaving it and not doing it. Everyone asks me "oh how's your thesis going?" I lie through my teeth and say it's coming on great when in reality I've not even started.

I failed my January exams, and I felt nothing in regards to that, didn't even feel guilty or anything I just felt nothing. I've still not told my parents, cause I know I'll get a right lecture/disappointment from them. I'm too scared to tell them cause of their reaction. Everything is getting to me, I'm withdrawing myself from my family and my friends, a few of my friends have said it sounds like depression, I don't know. I'm so lost and I don't know what to do. Uni is just getting so much to handle and I feel like I'm drowning :frown: Don't know what to do :frown: Any advice?

Apologise it being sooooo long :redface:

I'm no doctor, obviously, but it does sound like depression to me at least. I'd advise going to see a GP asap, get a doctor's note and take it to your personal tutor and see what your options are at this stage :sadnod:
Original post by Odd socks
the birds outside need to realise what time it is and shut up :shakecane:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couldn't agree more! Can't wait for summer as well when I get attacked by bees and wasps in my own home purely because I open the window for a nice bit of fresh air. And in summer forget having a lie in the birdies start at like 4am :facepalm:
Reply 3138
Original post by shethoughtaloud
Couldn't agree more! Can't wait for summer as well when I get attacked by bees and wasps in my own home purely because I open the window for a nice bit of fresh air. And in summer forget having a lie in the birdies start at like 4am :facepalm:

Burn them with fire! Deoderant + lighter, or alternatively a blowtorch.
Original post by samba
Burn them with fire! Deoderant + lighter, or alternatively a blowtorch.

Don't really want any little seared corpses on my floor haha. I'll just tell them to run along or face the wrath of samba and his blowtorch :lol:

But seriously been thinking about getting some kind of net on my window to prevent them getting in. Might look ugly but I think it's a worthy sacrifice. Last year honestly got bombarded.

Latest