London School of Economics
London
Original post by AQUF42
I can understand about the stellar grades as that's the same rule
for everyone
But this PS thing is way above me
How can one show passion for a subject they have just started
studying?

Apparently they know straight away when they look at a Ps, who is going to be interesting to teach. Beats me!! I would think a lot of exceptional students get turned away from Oxbridge and LSE. Are you going to offers day with your son?
Original post by JamjamjamT
Did they say why they rejected you?

We all knew the admissions criteria when we applied and while I am not a big fan of them using the PS as the deciding factor between similarly academic applicants, it is the only method they have.

They said it was because of my statement.
This is why I say that they should interview applicants
Original post by samu16

Not everyone can interview their applicants. Oxbridge spend a lot of money to organise their interviews, and they can afford to do so due to their endowments.

Sorry for the decision though :/ I know it feels unfair, and in all honestly it's a bit like lottery with LSE!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samu16

What would you have said if they did do interviews but then rejected you after the interview?
Got an offer for Actuarial Science yesss. Now I just have to decide between LSE and Cass...
Original post by SIndar
Got an offer for Actuarial Science yesss. Now I just have to decide between LSE and Cass...

LSE has the prestige and the door opening potential but I have read that the course is supposed to be better at Cass. One thing that helped me choose to apply to LSE was the fact that the first year is the same for BMS, AS and AS & F but you could change at the start of the second year if you hit the required standards.
Cholesta
i will not be going on the offer day with my son
The young man is now on his own. We have done
our duty It is now upto him to capitalise
Original post by AQUF42
Cholesta
i will not be going on the offer day with my son
The young man is now on his own. We have done
our duty It is now upto him to capitalise

Ok, I am going to have a look round and catch up with friends. 😃
Received an offer for Social Policy last Friday :smile: I'm an international student from Canada.
Just firmed my LSE offer and insured Bath even though it is a higher offer.

Felt a little sad rejecting UCL, Bristol and Cardiff but it needed to be done. London here I come.
Just firmed my LSE offer and insured Bath even though it is a higher offer.

Felt a little sad rejecting UCL, Bristol and Cardiff but it needed to be done. London here I come.

Thinking of doing the exact same soon, although my Bath offer is lower :biggrin: What subject is this for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abccba120
Thinking of doing the exact same soon, although my Bath offer is lower :biggrin: What subject is this for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Business Maths & Statistics. LSE offer AAA, Bath offer A*AA
Got the letter to say how much I get from student finance today and paid the deposit for accomodation too which means I've got everything sorted now ready for September. Actually can't wait

Might apply for the scholarships, doubt I'd get one but might as well try, is anyone else going to?
Business Maths & Statistics. LSE offer AAA, Bath offer A*AA

Ah nice , mines for economics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have insured my offer for BSc Maths from Bath because I have just firmed LSE for BSc Business Maths & Statistics.
I have insured my offer for BSc Maths from Bath because I have just firmed LSE for BSc Business Maths & Statistics.

Yes mate!!!!
Original post by SIndar

Well done. I applied for that too. Still waiting. Got my Cass offer though. What grades do LSE want?
Did anyone who did the UGAA get an offer yet ?
Reply 4599
Original post by aarohik
Did anyone who did the UGAA get an offer yet ?

still nothing :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending