Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joannywhite
Ooh I love that song.
I had forgotten the lyrics.
TFS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes the lyrics are so meaningful, glad you enjoyed it. :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hello and welcome to X Soc! Nice to have you with us :biggrin: I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

Original post by Racoon
Hi there, welcome and thanks for the lovely words.

I have had a great week, Praise the Lord!

God bless you and praying all goes well with you :smile:

Thank you both for your greetings God bless :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
John 15 v 12-15

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

We are a friend of God :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMnMN08sv4k
[video="youtube;aMnMN08sv4k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMnMN08sv4k[/video]
Love to read about God's perfect peace :smile:.

We certainly need a supernatural peace in these troubled times. Constantly praying for the persecuted church around the world.

Trusting God and fully believing in the good things he has planned for each one of us to do, to bless others and help anyone we can, in whatever way, showing them the love of the Lord, the love that we know in our hearts and minds.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you

Philippians 4:9
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful

Enjoy your Sunday :thumbsup:
Original post by Racoon
Love to read about God's perfect peace :smile:.

We certainly need a supernatural peace in these troubled times. Constantly praying for the persecuted church around the world.

Trusting God and fully believing in the good things he has planned for each one of us to do, to bless others and help anyone we can, in whatever way, showing them the love of the Lord, the love that we know in our hearts and minds.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you

Philippians 4:9
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful

Enjoy your Sunday :thumbsup:

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you. Because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3 :biggrin:

That is my verse for the week :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys :biggrin:
I saw this bible passage a few weeks ago and I have been wanting to share with you guys ever since.

These are bits from Romans 3.
[h="3"]All People Are Sinners[/h][h="3"]9 Well then, should we conclude that we Jews are better than others? No, not at all, for we have already shown that all people, whether Jews or Gentiles,[c] are under the power of sin. 10 As the Scriptures say,
“No one is righteous—
not even one.
11 No one is truly wise;
no one is seeking God.
12 All have turned away;
all have become useless.
No one does good,
not a single one.”[d]

[/h]21 But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses[i] and the prophets long ago. 22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24 Yet God freely and graciously declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. 25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, 26 for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.
27 Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith. 28 So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law.
29 After all, is God the God of the Jews only? Isn’t he also the God of the Gentiles? Of course he is. 30 There is only one God, and he makes people right with himself only by faith, whether they are Jews or Gentiles.[j] 31 Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

What I loved about this passage was that it emphasized on the fact that we can't be made right with God only by "obeying the law" or doing good. Because the more we look into and understand God's word, the more we we are going to realise that we are not actually obeying it as we have all fallen short of God's glory and have and will still sin. So God was kind enough to say that we can be made right with him if we believe and have faith in his Son Christ Jesus. With this, he is able to forget about our sins as long as we have faith in Him. But then it also goes ahead to say that it does not mean we have to forget about the law because the closer we get to God, the more we will want to obey Him.
You can read all of Romans 3 if you want but I loved this passage so much I thought I would share.
Hope you guys are having a wonderful Sunday :smile:
Hey guys :biggrin:
I saw this bible passage a few weeks ago and I have been wanting to share with you guys ever since.

These are bits from Romans 3.
All People Are Sinners

23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24 Yet God freely and graciously declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. ......

Thanks for sharing :smile: what a great selection of verses.

The wonderful grace of God.
Original post by Racoon
Thanks for sharing :smile: what a great selection of verses.

The wonderful grace of God.

No problem :smile:

God's grace is enough :smile:
Talking of God's peace, I found myself getting increasingly stressed about trains being late and full of rugby fans last night and then I just remembered one of my favourite Bible verses and about the way the ancient Stoics lived life and felt much calmer. It's amazing how you can much stress you can shed when you stop worrying.

Matthew 6:26-27
Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?

Matthew 34
So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today.
Original post by Norfolkadam
Talking of God's peace, I found myself getting increasingly stressed about trains being late and full of rugby fans last night and then I just remembered one of my favourite Bible verses and about the way the ancient Stoics lived life and felt much calmer. It's amazing how you can much stress you can shed when you stop worrying.

Matthew 6:26-27

Matthew 34

So true. :smile:
Reply 4510
Does anybody have any prayer requests?
Original post by Tiwa
Does anybody have any prayer requests?

Me. Please help me pray for my uni application. There's been a misunderstanding and now the uni is withholding an offer. Please help me pray that they sort it out soon. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4512
Me. Please help me pray for my uni application. There's been a misunderstanding and now the uni is withholding an offer. Please help me pray that they sort it out soon. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I will!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh gosh, what a nightmare! Will pray for the intercession of St Jude :sadnod:
Just listened to 'My Song is Love Unknown', What a beautiful melody with great lyrics :biggrin:
Hopefully going to be back in my home Church next week - exciting!!
Original post by Obsidian
Just listened to 'My Song is Love Unknown', What a beautiful melody with great lyrics :biggrin:
Hopefully going to be back in my home Church next week - exciting!!

Lovely hymn that one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, only just read this, praying for you. Let us know the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thinking of you :frown: hope it gets sorted soon!
Original post by Obsidian
Thinking of you :frown: hope it gets sorted soon!

Original post by Racoon
Sorry, only just read this, praying for you. Let us know the outcome.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oh gosh, what a nightmare! Will pray for the intercession of St Jude :sadnod:

Original post by Tiwa
Ah, I will!

Thanks guys. I will let you guys know the outcome :smile:
Hey all! If you could spare a prayer tonight for one of my best friends, L, I'd really appreciate that. She's really struggling with anorexia nervosa :frown:

Thanks in advance to anyone who says a prayer for her :grouphugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending