The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

The interview hasn't come up on my track yet so can't accept it but I've replied.
Original post by withlove
The interview hasn't come up on my track yet so can't accept it but I've replied.

It hasn't come through mine either, but I replied to the email! Congratulations by the way! :-)
Original post by BeatriceT
It hasn't come through mine either, but I replied to the email! Congratulations by the way! :-)

Thanks! Same goes for you, I'm so happy but then I have realised I can't get too excited until I have actually got an offer haha!
Original post by withlove
Thanks! Same goes for you, I'm so happy but then I have realised I can't get too excited until I have actually got an offer haha!

Haha me too! I'm buzzing and everyone's like 'but you haven't been to the interview yet!' I'm just happy they even invited me to one, I'm unsure if I can even live in London really!
I'm so panicked because it says that it will be mostly judged on portfolio and then you get shortlisted! I'm so scared! I'm gonna grab together some of the stuff I've written on my blog & some of my graphic design work I think.. How about you?

I'm thinking of taken 3 written pieces but I don't know really what else! What type of graphic work are you taking? Also what's your blog, I'd love to take a look!
I have a fashion blog that isn't work based it's laurenwoodward.blogspot.com
Original post by lozzaxharris
Thanks for the advice, I got an interview too! :smile::bban:

Who has been invited for an interview? Is it for csm?
Original post by pinkylicious
Who has been invited for an interview? Is it for csm?

I've got an interview at CSM, invite came today :-)
I've got an interview at CSM, invite came today :-)

Congrats! I am just wondering what was the topic you wrote about as apparently my article didn't meet the thresholds of what they required....:frown:
Reply 488
I asked for feedback and was also told I did not meet the threshold standards also. I have an interview at LCF, and an offer for fashion communication and promotion at Huddersfield. I don't know what I will do if I don't get into London?! Do I leave a gap year and wait?
I'm so confused 😑
Congrats to everyone who got interviews!
Original post by pinkylicious
Congrats! I am just wondering what was the topic you wrote about as apparently my article didn't meet the thresholds of what they required....:frown:

I wrote about 90's fashion making a comeback, from an angle. What did you guys write about? Mine was quite honest and gritty if I'm honest!
Original post by kkt10
I asked for feedback and was also told I did not meet the threshold standards also. I have an interview at LCF, and an offer for fashion communication and promotion at Huddersfield. I don't know what I will do if I don't get into London?! Do I leave a gap year and wait?
I'm so confused 😑

Hey there, don't worry about not getting in.. I got rejected from LCF for fashion journalism the other day! Do you desperately want to go to London?
I wrote about 90's fashion making a comeback, from an angle. What did you guys write about? Mine was quite honest and gritty if I'm honest!
I wrote about androgyny in fashion and how more and more people want to steer away from their stereotypical roles..I thought I wrote a good one and I hate not having anyone tell me where exactly I went wrong...I am honestly very disappointed :frown: But I am not letting any university get to me..It surely means I have something else for me stored in future...but congrats on your offer I am happy for you!
Reply 493
Hey there, don't worry about not getting in.. I got rejected from LCF for fashion journalism the other day! Do you desperately want to go to London?

Yes! I think that the location will help so much in becoming a more developed writer, with all of the library's, exhibitions and the connections to industry seems much better.
Reply 494
For the CSM article how did you all write, in first or third person?
Original post by kkt10
For the CSM article how did you all write, in first or third person?

I wrote from first person and regularly addressed the reader - such as one line of mine reading '(you know the ones i mean!)'
What time are people's csm interview mine is at 1.30 I am wondering what format the interview will be
Original post by laurenwoodward
What time are people's csm interview mine is at 1.30 I am wondering what format the interview will be

10am
Original post by laurenwoodward

1.30 too x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending