The Student Room Group

Preparation for the A2 English Lang/Lit Exam 2015

I'm studying the Crucible and I am not sure how to write my essay. I've been struggling with this for quite a while and I want to do well on this exam. Does anybody have some good model answers? I'd really appreciate it.:smile:

Scroll to see replies

What exam board are you on?
Reply 2
Original post by undisc0vered
What exam board are you on?

AQA
I'm on OCR so it seems like I wouldn't be much help - sorry!
Reply 4
Original post by undisc0vered
I'm on OCR so it seems like I wouldn't be much help - sorry!

Its ok. Thanks anyway.
Original post by IManii
Its ok. Thanks anyway.

I'm doing Aqa too :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Bunny2014
I'm doing Aqa too :smile:

Oh that's great! Are you studying the crucible? 😊
Original post by IManii
Oh that's great! Are you studying the crucible? ������

Yep I'm doing the crucible too :biggrin: Maybe we could revise together?? :biggrin:

Whats your transformation coursework on??
Reply 8
Yep I'm doing the crucible too :biggrin: Maybe we could revise together?? :biggrin:

Whats your transformation coursework on??

Yey! 😃 we can revise together 😊 I'm doing a combined transformation on Blanche from a Streetcar Named Desire and the young woman from the Laboratory. How about you?
Original post by IManii
Yey! ������ we can revise together ������ I'm doing a combined transformation on Blanche from a Streetcar Named Desire and the young woman from the Laboratory. How about you?

I am doing my transformation on the bloody chamber and wilfred owen poem :smile: xx and yeah it would be good to revise together :biggrin:
Reply 10
I am doing my transformation on the bloody chamber and wilfred owen poem :smile: xx and yeah it would be good to revise together :biggrin:

Your idea sounds great 😊 how should we do it? 😊 xx
Original post by IManii
Your idea sounds great ������ how should we do it? ������ xx

I am not too sure, maybe on here? xx
Reply 12
I am not too sure, maybe on here? xx

Okay whenever you're ready :smile:
Original post by IManii
Okay whenever you're ready :smile:

Ready :biggrin: xx do you have any essays that you've done on the crucible?
Reply 14

My essays are still a working progress but I recently received a paper copy of a band 6 model answer taken from the June 2013 paper 😊 i took pictures of it ,I'll attach it
Reply 15

I hope this will come in use.
Original post by IManii
I hope this will come in use.

Oh my God! thank you soo much sweetie! xxx

What would you like help with? my teacher is so bad, she useless in our lessons and i have no idea how to structure the essays for the crucible :frown:
Reply 17
Oh my God! thank you soo much sweetie! xxx

What would you like help with? my teacher is so bad, she useless in our lessons and i have no idea how to structure the essays for the crucible :frown:

No problem and at the moment I don't need any help 😊 I used to be the same -structuring and analysing was a big issue for me,but I'm alright with it now because after my teacher gave me this model answer I felt so much better and confident with tackling the crucible. :smile: xxx
Original post by IManii
No problem and at the moment I don't need any help ������ I used to be the same -structuring and analysing was a big issue for me,but I'm alright with it now because after my teacher gave me this model answer I felt so much better and confident with tackling the crucible. :smile: xxx

Aww thats excellent :smile: have you been doing loads of past paper questions? the only problem is the fact that theres only 3 past paper questions on the crucible :frown:
Reply 19
Aww thats excellent :smile: have you been doing loads of past paper questions? the only problem is the fact that theres only 3 past paper questions on the crucible :frown:

I know right. i've only done June 2014 and June 2013. The June 2014 essay I wrote was so rubbish I need to find time to improve it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending