The Student Room Group

EE Psychology Question ideas

I'm in year 12 (grade 11?) and just started IB this year and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about a good question for a Psych EE we've taken biological, cognitive and are now on sociocultural in the course and I found that I did like the biological the most out of all of the levels of analysis in psych but I'm worried about picking a topic and then having it turn into a Bio EE instead of a Psych one. Any help would be really appreciated!!!:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 1
maybe you can study how people nowadays believe in the usage of herbs in life as medicinal purposes, their perception and how this affect their life . just a general idea, maybe you can narrow it a little bit.
Original post by Hannah7245
I'm in year 12 (grade 11?) and just started IB this year and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about a good question for a Psych EE we've taken biological, cognitive and are now on sociocultural in the course and I found that I did like the biological the most out of all of the levels of analysis in psych but I'm worried about picking a topic and then having it turn into a Bio EE instead of a Psych one. Any help would be really appreciated!!!:smile::smile::smile:

Hi,

So a lot of Psychology EEs tend to follow the same formula. Usually, people look at a concept in one LOA and use another LOA as an alternative paradigm to compare and contrast. For example: Is Gender a Biological or Sociocultural concept?
These tend to be common ones to do (well, for my school anyway) but they are really interesting and do tend to get good marks. What I always recommend people to do is to go away from the specification as much as possible. So something like Criminal psychology might be good to look at as it's far enough of the spec to get good research for and, depending on what you look at, it has ties to many of the LOA and the options you do in the Second year (e.g. Abnormal).

Sorry if this reads as a bit rushed (I am a little busy but wanted to answer this)

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest