The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TC2016
Which service line?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For general consulting. Would be very appreciative of any tips!
Original post by icl1991
I know a few people who have done the transfer but it wasnt easy, none before 2 years unless they got lucky with a specific business need. they've staffed you for a northern office so ultimately they'll want you there.
so not impossible but it can be quite tough.

Hi thanks for your reply. So I will be doing a CA qualification for 3 years. You mention none of them were moved before 2 years. What do you think about my chances of moving offices after my training contract ends??
Reply 962
Original post by jack_the_ripper
Hi thanks for your reply. So I will be doing a CA qualification for 3 years. You mention none of them were moved before 2 years. What do you think about my chances of moving offices after my training contract ends??

i know one who transfered after 2 years at EY in nottingham and another after four or 5 in edinburgh ( but she wasnt trying to come to london untill the 5th year really as she liked Scotland)

ultimately it will depend on whats going on at the time, if their london office is overstaffed they just wont but if they have space at that level ( which as a lot of people leave at the end of the training contract they probably will do) then they'll happily transfer you however dont start your first day in the north by asking HOW SOON CAN I FLEE.
Original post by InternshipHelp
For general consulting. Would be very appreciative of any tips!

Look at all the business lines Deloitte has. When you go in for your Assessment Centre, think of all those lines and what each line would focus on for that case study. That'll be your avenue for generating ideas in the prep time.

For the group exercise I recommend being as efficient as possible, whatever the task, pitch how you think it should develop in a way everyone gets a chance to chip in. You won't have enough time to debate endlessly throughout, so we each pitched our thing then quick debate and decision. If this is your idea you'll look good. If they don't take it, you'll look good for suggesting a good idea and if it ****s up you'll know you tried. Don't be a forceful or patronising dick during this exercise. Even if there is an idiot in the group.

Interview, know your CV, examples as to why you are a great team player/communicative/hard-working/responsible why you're there, why Deloitte, why consulting, all that. Ask good questions. You won't have HR interviewing but a manager then a partner if you get through that. If you have the social skills and the answers you'll get through easy.

Source: Done it, got offer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tgmarcus
Look at all the business lines Deloitte has. When you go in for your Assessment Centre, think of all those lines and what each line would focus on for that case study. That'll be your avenue for generating ideas in the prep time.

For the group exercise I recommend being as efficient as possible, whatever the task, pitch how you think it should develop in a way everyone gets a chance to chip in. You won't have enough time to debate endlessly throughout, so we each pitched our thing then quick debate and decision. If this is your idea you'll look good. If they don't take it, you'll look good for suggesting a good idea and if it ****s up you'll know you tried. Don't be a forceful or patronising dick during this exercise. Even if there is an idiot in the group.

Interview, know your CV, examples as to why you are a great team player/communicative/hard-working/responsible why you're there, why Deloitte, why consulting, all that. Ask good questions. You won't have HR interviewing but a manager then a partner if you get through that. If you have the social skills and the answers you'll get through easy.

Any chance of you divulging the salary (by PM if you prefer)? I've got through to the partner interview and I've got a rough idea via glassdoor etc... but would be nice to know the exact figure. Extra little motivation.
Original post by tgmarcus

Thanks so much! Very kind of you xx
Reply 966
Hey anyone know how long after first round interview to hear bk??
Reply 967
Does anyone know the new Deloitte email address format? Every email I send comes back to me saying email addresses have changed.
Reply 968
Original post by chezygo
Does anyone know the new Deloitte email address format? Every email I send comes back to me saying email addresses have changed.

They haven't changed format.
Reply 969
Anyone else waiting for Deloitte Belfast - Technology Consulting?

If they end up filling all available places, will they automatically put me towards 2016 intake? Do they also take graduates for consulting in Spring?
hey Guys, applied to EY in start of March. Got a call from them about two weeks ago, they just asked if I am still interested and told me that I was not forgotten - my application is still on-hold and that was the purpose of the call.

Is it a normal practice or it is a good sign that they called? Also, for how long may people wait to be invited to the interview after application submission?

Cheers
Reply 971
Original post by jack_the_ripper

I think all northern auditors should have to make a vow before joining. Something like this:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my qualification. I shall take no leave in busy season, have no fun, father no children. I shall tick and bash and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the annoyance in the darkness. I am the watcher on the end of your desk. I am the shield that guards the annual report. I pledge my life and honor to the ICAEW, for this night and all the nights to come."
Is anyone still waiting on dates for their final partner interview at KPMG? I've applied for Technology Consulting
Reply 973
Hi I have an assessment day with IBM comming up can anyone give me some advice or talk trough what to expect?

Thanks
Reply 974
Anyone heard back about assesment center details for Capgemini and Accenture? said they will e-mail me the dates but haven't yet
Hi guys

I'm an aspiring management consultant doing my a levels. I was wondering if anyone doesn't mind answering a few questions for me.

Thanks!
Ask away
Hey Everyone,

I applied for a graduate consulting scheme and reviewed an email a few weeks ago saying I was successful and would be contacted about an interview soon. I haven't reviewed anything since and on the online portal my status now says 'invite to first interview application on hold'. Any idea what this means for me?
Got a business consulting grad scheme offer for csc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all

If there is anyone working at Deloitte id appreciate your help.

Im through to the first round interview and would love if anyone would have any specific tips and tell me their experience.

I know they will ask about a project I have done and how I contributed but what other types of questions could they trip me up with.

Also, would anyone know what the starting salary for an audit graduate in Scotland would be exactly as if im lucky enough to get it I will need to move over and find a flat

Quick Reply

Latest