The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3380
Original post by razbel
Having been rejected from Warwick I now have a quite difficult decision to make. So...what's the consensus on Bristol v Nottingham? (course quality + job prospects)

did you get rejected today?

Bristol vs nottingham i think are very similar.. see which course and location you would prefer, look at stuff like studying abroad too if your interested as nottingham has very good study abroad opportunities
Reply 3381
Original post by razbel
Having been rejected from Warwick I now have a quite difficult decision to make. So...what's the consensus on Bristol v Nottingham? (course quality + job prospects)

Hi, I may well have to make this decision, but if it comes to it I will be choosing Nottingham as they told me in an email they would accept anybody who gets AAA provided they are your firm choice. When I asked Bristol the same question they basically said they wouldn't accept you. Therefore Notts> Bristol

May I ask when you were rejected and what your stats are?
Original post by ndhala
Hi, I may well have to make this decision, but if it comes to it I will be choosing Nottingham as they told me in an email they would accept anybody who gets AAA provided they are your firm choice. When I asked Bristol the same question they basically said they wouldn't accept you. Therefore Notts> Bristol

Did they give any other information? This could help me decide between the two!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3383
Original post by Kriterz
Did they give any other information? This could help me decide between the two!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nottingham said in the last 3 years they have accepted everyone who got AAA and put them as firm. And although they cant guarantee anything they said it was likely they'd accept.

Bristol sent a generic reply saying students must meet the exact terms of their offers and only if spaces are available may they consider you if you miss your application.

In other words, go notts (y)
Original post by ndhala
Nottingham said in the last 3 years they have accepted everyone who got AAA and put them as firm. And although they cant guarantee anything they said it was likely they'd accept.

Bristol sent a generic reply saying students must meet the exact terms of their offers and only if spaces are available may they consider you if you miss your application.

In other words, go notts (y)

Excellent I think that has swayed my decision, thanks for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3385
Original post by Kriterz
Excellent I think that has swayed my decision, thanks for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might see you there... depending on warwick..
Original post by ndhala
Might see you there... depending on warwick..

Haha yeah good luck for Warwick!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer from UCL..

Get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Djangoo
Offer from UCL..

Get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, will it be your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ndhala

May I ask when you were rejected and what your stats are?

At the Notts offer holder day the student doing the tour needed A*AA last summer and got in with AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
After today I am no longer a track checker aha 4offers (LSE UCL Bristol Queen Mary) with 1 rejection from Warwick x.x
Reply 3391
Original post by Aso816
After today I am no longer a track checker aha 4offers (LSE UCL Bristol Queen Mary) with 1 rejection from Warwick x.x

So jealous you have an LSE offer! What are your stats?
Also when did you get rejected from Warwick?
Is Durham significantly better than KCL and Bristol for Economics?
Original post by ndhala
So jealous you have an LSE offer! What are your stats?
Also when did you get rejected from Warwick?

AS: 4A 1B
A2 predicted grades: A*AAA
GCSE: 6.5A* 3A 2B

Very average Ums as well
got rejected by Warwick in the beginning of March
Original post by EconApplicant2
Is Durham significantly better than KCL and Bristol for Economics?

Hell no Bristol is as good as Durham man
Original post by Aso816
AS: 4A 1B
A2 predicted grades: A*AAA
GCSE: 6.5A* 3A 2B

Very average Ums as well
got rejected by Warwick in the beginning of March

Do you do further maths by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abccba120
Do you do further maths by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I do
Haha thought so, I'm yet to hear from anyone who has an offer for econ without FM lol so far I'm the only one I know 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abccba120
Haha thought so, I'm yet to hear from anyone who has an offer for econ without FM lol so far I'm the only one I know ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg what subjects do you then you must have killed the admissions people with your personal statement
Original post by Aso816
Omg what subjects do you then you must have killed the admissions people with your personal statement

Haha have no idea tbh & I do maths,econ & phys + wbq.. I'm really hoping I find someone who hasn't done FM or I will feel weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending