The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adderz242
What sort of q's did they ask you, was there any ethics ?? also did you have to do any role plays or team working exercises

Adderz I am afraid nobody will be able to tell you this as it would put people later in the week at an unfair advantage. All I can say is that the questions were all pretty straight forward, they tried to make us feel calm and welcome and eight minutes is a lot shorter than you would think haha.
Guys I'm gonna write this in both the graduate entry and the Warwick forum .... I m not going to answer questions on what was in the interview I have had multiple messages . Its not fair on people like us who do the interview earlier in the week and will give you a better chance than them

There is nothing to worry about with it really its all very well structured ... Just revise the competencies given on the website
Reply 562
Original post by HopefulMedicc
Guys I'm gonna write this in both the graduate entry and the Warwick forum .... I m not going to answer questions on what was in the interview I have had multiple messages . Its not fair on people like us who do the interview earlier in the week and will give you a better chance than them

There is nothing to worry about with it really its all very well structured ... Just revise the competencies given on the website

Well said. Much as I hope everyone does well, everyone here is direct competition for my spot!
Reply 563
Original post by aGEMapplicant
Not so great. But this is due entirely to me. The questions really were not too bad at all.

I am sure you've done better than you think! From my experience its better to walk out the interview feeling like it was tough.

Also I was hoping someone who has already had an interview can help me here: are we given a pen during the two minutes before each station to write down our thoughts?
Original post by HabzZ
I am sure you've done better than you think! From my experience its better to walk out the interview feeling like it was tough.

Also I was hoping someone who has already had an interview can help me here: are we given a pen during the two minutes before each station to write down our thoughts?

No, you won't need/be given a pen
When is your interview? Good luck!
Reply 565
Original post by ceciafb
No, you won't need/be given a pen
When is your interview? Good luck!

Thank you for the response!

Mine is on Thursday 1pm, I cant explain how nervous I am! First time applying and I have had a few MMI interviews already, I didn't realise how hard the process is (and draining).

I believe you're done now? Must be a huge relief!
Original post by HabzZ
Thank you for the response!

Mine is on Thursday 1pm, I cant explain how nervous I am! First time applying and I have had a few MMI interviews already, I didn't realise how hard the process is (and draining).

I believe you're done now? Must be a huge relief!

Yep finally done! I agree, so draining! It's nice to be finished with nothing else you can do about things but also quite daunting!

Compared to my other MMI it felt much nicer, they're always going to be stressful but you've had some before so I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about :smile:
Decided to firm St George's so withdrew from Warwick :frown: Good luck to everybody, you'll all become great doctors one day!
Out of interest, at the interview I was at yesterday (1pm) 2 people didn't show up (I assume they withdrew their application) - did people having their interviews today/at other times yesterday notice similar absences? A few people I spoke to also had offers elsewhere from their first choices (and seemed like they were going to accept them rather than if getting an offer from WMS), but I guess that is the drawback of WMS having their interviews so late.
Original post by pyramid_song28
Out of interest, at the interview I was at yesterday (1pm) 2 people didn't show up (I assume they withdrew their application) - did people having their interviews today/at other times yesterday notice similar absences? A few people I spoke to also had offers elsewhere from their first choices (and seemed like they were going to accept them rather than if getting an offer from WMS), but I guess that is the drawback of WMS having their interviews so late.

Two were missing from mine today, I asked and they said even with the people who withdrew and informed warwick, they didn't have time to replace them unfortunately. I expect there will be some changes made for next year because looks like they've had some teething problems this year.

A good thing for us as it makes the odds better but it must be frustrating for them. Fingers crossed over here!
Original post by Absorbaloff
Decided to firm St George's so withdrew from Warwick :frown: Good luck to everybody, you'll all become great doctors one day!

Ah you firmed st George's in the end! Congratulations, Are you excited now you know what you're doing in september?
Original post by ceciafb
Ah you firmed st George's in the end! Congratulations, Are you excited now you know what you're doing in september?

I still have to get a 2.1! But I feel positive I'll get it. I have my dissertation to hand in, in a months time and then my last placement. I'll be sad to leave my course but looking forward to starting something new :smile:

Oh and I did tell Warwick last week I'm not going. I'm sure it's not great for them that interviewees don't turn up, but at the end of the day there's no point in turning up when you have a place at another uni you want to go to. It's a hassle and expensive to have to travel 80 miles from where I live. And I'm sure they're aware that students will not turn up as they are literally the last uni to hold interviews. I'd rather not turn up and make their job easier and provide them with a pool of students that actually want to go the uni.
Just wanted to know whether you need to bring a passport photo to selection centre? (they said that we may need one to upload later in the process, I'm assuming it's not needed at interview though?)

Thanks! Hope everyone's interviews are going well!
Original post by FerreroRocher94
Just wanted to know whether you need to bring a passport photo to selection centre? (they said that we may need one to upload later in the process, I'm assuming it's not needed at interview though?)

No, you don't need one. :smile: Don't forget your DBS and photocopies though!
Reply 574
Original post by FerreroRocher94

No, after I spent the day before wondering round Coventry trying to find a photo booth as well. Just 3 pieces of ID and your degree cert if you've graduated (and photocopies for all) nothing else.
Thanks guys!! :smile:
Reply 576
Original post by pyramid_song28

How long did the interview process take? I need to book my ticket back to London and my interview is on Friday at 1pm. I have also done virtually no preparation for it 😬
Original post by hawflo
How long did the interview process take? I need to book my ticket back to London and my interview is on Friday at 1pm. I have also done virtually no preparation for it ������

Hey, from how it was yesterday for us (1pm interview) we were doing registering/dbs/briefing stuff from 1-1.30pm, then the mini interviews until 2.30, then there was a short debrief so we left the medical school at around 2.45pm? Hope this helps, good luck!
Reply 578
Omg rejected from Leicester day before my interview great :frown:
Original post by H-W-T
Omg rejected from Leicester day before my interview great :frown:

:frown: All you can do is think where you went wrong in the Leicester interview and make sure you don't do that again! I know its hard, but try to be positive?

On another note, just to confirm? I dont need a passport photo do I? And the three documents that should be fine are: Passport, driving license and bank statement (that should be enough?) Stupid question, but I get quite worried :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending