The Student Room Group

First Year Vacation Schemes/Insight Days 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Who was at davis polk today? Really enjoyed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Who was at davis polk today? Really enjoyed it

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was pretty good. Laid back, I liked Elisabeths presentation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yeah it was pretty funny in places but definitely in detail which I liked. Michael and Alison seem like cool people too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had to join this discussion, I love seeing so much ambitious, focused first years!

I have made 10+ applications for first year schemes - So far I have been accepted for: Addleshaw Goddard; CMS Cameron McKenna; Kings & Wood Mallesons and Freshfields first year schemes.

Good luck to everyone

Never Lose Hope!
Original post by DiversityMatters
Had to join this discussion, I love seeing so much ambitious, focused first years!

I have made 10+ applications for first year schemes - So far I have been accepted for: Addleshaw Goddard; CMS Cameron McKenna; Kings & Wood Mallesons and Freshfields first year schemes.

Good luck to everyone

Never Lose Hope!

You'll definitely enjoy CMS, I certainly did; such a friendly atmosphere :smile:. Ive also got Addleshaw Goddard, so see you there haha.
see you there :smile:

I also see you attended the Davis Polk Open Day, I got an invite but unfortunately had to turn it down, how was it?
Original post by DiversityMatters
see you there :smile:

I also see you attended the Davis Polk Open Day, I got an invite but unfortunately had to turn it down, how was it?

It was really good. The atmosphere was extremely relaxed, the trainees and partner were very nice as was the last from grad recruitment. They did a lot of talks that were actually really informative, especially the commercial awareness one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 267
Just got an offer from Hogan Lovells.
Original post by RohinGD
Just got an offer from Hogan Lovells.

Congrats ! :smile: Scheme or open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 269
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Congrats ! :smile: Scheme or open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. :biggrin: Scheme. Have you heard yet?
Just been invited to take Denton's video interview, has anyone had a video interview for Denton?
Has anyone done a video interview for Clifford Chance?
Original post by zero_Gravity91
Has anyone done a video interview for Clifford Chance?

I did one for their Open Day
Did anyone else go to the Weil interview for their first year fast track scheme held in April? How did you find it? Such a long interview!
Original post by jackalastomony
Did anyone else go to the Weil interview for their first year fast track scheme held in April? How did you find it? Such a long interview!

My interview's not until Wednesday. How did you find it/what was involved? :smile:
Has anyone at their universities applied to be DLA Piper or Hogan Lovells brand ambassador?

Completed my online test for Hogan Lovells on Thursday and I'm still waiting to hear back from DLA.

£600 if i get either role, hopefully get the Hogan Lovells one though - guaranteed Vac Scheme place would be ideal.
Anyone else got anything back for Hogan Lovells first year scheme/open day ? I had a telephone interview but heard nothing since.
Still haven't heard back from Weil. I emailed them and they said I'll hear in the next week or so.

Don't really see what it can be other than a rejection, the time for tests and interviews is nearly over. Can't see why they haven't rejected me by now!
Has anyone got an offer from Weil for their first year schemes? My mate applied and got rejected yesterday post interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iano101
Has anyone got an offer from Weil for their first year schemes? My mate applied and got rejected yesterday post interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting - expecting a rejection. There were so many applications, and my interview didn't go brilliantly. Apparently outcomes are all given by Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending