The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

did you find out how many offers have gone out?
Nope. But the email did say 'a few offers' in early March, so can't imagine that it was a large proportion
Don't worry guys! Nottingham changed their selection procedure quite a lot this year (no questionnaire, MMI, choice of date etc) so maybe they decided to give out 1 batch. Don't forget there are still few interviews left!
Reply 803
my guess is that they've given out somewhere between a quarter and a third of all the offers they have to give out.
Original post by 786687
my guess is that they've given out somewhere between a quarter and a third of all the offers they have to give out.

Seriously don't stress out about it! There's nothing more you can do with Nottingham so you might as well focus on A levels to make sure you get the grades :tongue:.
Early offers are only for exceptionally good candidates and it doesn't mean you did badly at your interview :smile:. Theres gonna be plenty more to come
Reply 805
international student, just received an offer via post this morning :smile:
Is there a freshers' FB group for people who are thinking of firming? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any information from nottingham about the interviews? e.g. how many stations, time at each station, format of the day, whether all the stations are manned or some are unmanned (e.g. no assessor - you just complete a task on paper or a computer), what competencies they plan to test on the day etc...

Sorry if i'm just being stupid but can't seem to find this info anywhere and it seemed that most other medical schools offered it so i would have expected nottingham to have also.
Reply 808
Original post by shneebs1
Is there any information from nottingham about the interviews? e.g. how many stations, time at each station, format of the day, whether all the stations are manned or some are unmanned (e.g. no assessor - you just complete a task on paper or a computer), what competencies they plan to test on the day etc...

Sorry if i'm just being stupid but can't seem to find this info anywhere and it seemed that most other medical schools offered it so i would have expected nottingham to have also.

"Your interview will be in the multiple mini-format and will last for approximately 30 minutes. There will be four stations and during your interview you will rotate around the stations spending 6 minutes at each station. When you enter the first station you will have an additional 3 minutes to answer ‘ice-breaker’ questions. There will be a 1-minute break between each station. You will be briefed on the stations prior to your interview."
Original post by AnnaK45
Is there a freshers' FB group for people who are thinking of firming? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There will be soon and it will most likely be posted here
Original post by xs0818
international student, just received an offer via post this morning :smile:

Congrats!!! Will you be firming?
Reply 811
Original post by (Patrick)
Congrats!!! Will you be firming?

Thank you :smile: And yes, it will most likely be my firm!
Will everyone have to wait until the first week of April now to receive offers/rejections?
Official facebook group for you guys!

Type it in facebook: Official Nottingham Medics - Freshers 2015-2016

EDIT: If you can't find the group, please PM and I will send you the link!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 814
Couldn't find it...
Reply 815
Original post by danni97
Will everyone have to wait until the first week of April now to receive offers/rejections?

someone supposedly rang up the uni, and they apparently said there are no more early offers, and all offers will be given out in the first week of April
Original post by 786687
someone supposedly rang up the uni, and they apparently said there are no more early offers, and all offers will be given out in the first week of April

Thank you, just hate this waiting!
Reply 817
Original post by TomKC
Couldn't find it...

Lol I couldn't either
Original post by A-Cooky
Lol I couldn't either

Original post by TomKC
Couldn't find it...

Sent it to you :smile:
Reply 819
I couldn't find it either....
Also, would you recommend catered or self catered as a medic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending