The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by CD223
Do you think it's worth revising AS content for the A2 exam?

I'm probably not going to bother unless it comes up on a lot of past papers. I think an awareness of the fact that the AS formula section is there (particularly electricity stuff for capacitors) is useful but revising AS just seems like too much effort for me :tongue:
Reply 581
Original post by Lau14
I'm probably not going to bother unless it comes up on a lot of past papers. I think an awareness of the fact that the AS formula section is there (particularly electricity stuff for capacitors) is useful but revising AS just seems like too much effort for me :tongue:

Ah I like your thinking!
PS: EMPA was not fun lol 👀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 582
Original post by CD223
Ah I like your thinking!
PS: EMPA was not fun lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep mimise the workload!
Oh dear :/ so glad I at least have over Easter to prepare if they don't get around to doing much in class!
Reply 583
Original post by Lau14
Yep mimise the workload!
Oh dear :/ so glad I at least have over Easter to prepare if they don't get around to doing much in class!

I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm just appalling at practicals! Need to start making some notes on astro after my second practical!
Reply 584
Original post by CD223
I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm just appalling at practicals! Need to start making some notes on astro after my second practical!

Yeah they're definitely my weak point too! Improvement from at GCSE though, I had to redo the controlled assmessment... as long as I come out with enough UMS overall I don't care how badly the EMPA bit goes.

I've done thermal this afternoon, hopefully nuclear soon, and then I'll be able to scan them in when I'm home next week :smile:
Reply 585
Original post by Lau14
Yeah they're definitely my weak point too! Improvement from at GCSE though, I had to redo the controlled assmessment... as long as I come out with enough UMS overall I don't care how badly the EMPA bit goes.

I've done thermal this afternoon, hopefully nuclear soon, and then I'll be able to scan them in when I'm home next week :smile:

Yeah, to be perfectly honest I'm hoping for ~45/60 UMS in the EMPA. Even if that does turn out to be a C or a B. The theory is the main thing!

Oh wow! Sounds like I need to take a leaf out of your book!

Sorry to be a pain, but was it this or the other thread you posted the EMPA tips and theory notes in? Just forgot to download them! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
Original post by CD223
Yeah, to be perfectly honest I'm hoping for ~45/60 UMS in the EMPA. Even if that does turn out to be a C or a B. The theory is the main thing!

Oh wow! Sounds like I need to take a leaf out of your book!

Sorry to be a pain, but was it this or the other thread you posted the EMPA tips and theory notes in? Just forgot to download them! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

45 would be a B, I'd be pretty happy with that too! Last year's 50 was pretty much a miracle so I'll be surprised if I manage to repeat that.

I barely know how I'm doing it I never used to be like this!

Maybe you should link useful things in the first post so we stop losing things?

EMPA notes here

Unit 4 notes here
Reply 587
Original post by Lau14
45 would be a B, I'd be pretty happy with that too! Last year's 50 was pretty much a miracle so I'll be surprised if I manage to repeat that.

I barely know how I'm doing it I never used to be like this!

Maybe you should link useful things in the first post so we stop losing things?

EMPA notes here

Unit 4 notes here

I'm hoping for ~45 then! Not wishing to give anything away but from today and what my friends have said, it's optimistic to aim for higher because it's so much harder than last year's :/

Aha! It's good you're doing it now though! Yes! I'll make it my aim this weekend to sort out my exam threads 😂 I'll post everything in the first post and obviously give credit for your work, as well as adding my own files! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Original post by CD223
I'm hoping for ~45 then! Not wishing to give anything away but from today and what my friends have said, it's optimistic to aim for higher because it's so much harder than last year's :/

Aha! It's good you're doing it now though! Yes! I'll make it my aim this weekend to sort out my exam threads I'll post everything in the first post and obviously give credit for your work, as well as adding my own files! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well fingers crossed for lower grade boundaries from that though? :/

Yeah these threads are starting to get pretty long :smile:
Reply 589
Original post by Lau14
Well fingers crossed for lower grade boundaries from that though? :/

Yeah these threads are starting to get pretty long :smile:

I hope so! I like how optimistic you are - I must sound so unbelievably miserable 😁🙈

They are! I'll add it to my to do list for this weekend :smile:

I find it funny how neglected PHYA5 looks in comparison with less than half the posts :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
Original post by CD223
I hope so! I like how optimistic you are - I must sound so unbelievably miserable

They are! I'll add it to my to do list for this weekend :smile:

I find it funny how neglected PHYA5 looks in comparison with less than half the posts :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, just wait until after I've done the EMPA... I don't think I'll be feeling so good about everything then!

I think it's because we're responsible for most of them... and seeing as the conversation is barely ever related to a particular unit we never move out of here :P
Reply 591
Original post by Lau14
Oh, just wait until after I've done the EMPA... I don't think I'll be feeling so good about everything then!

I think it's because we're responsible for most of them... and seeing as the conversation is barely ever related to a particular unit we never move out of here :P

Ah I'm sure with you're dedication you'll find it easier than I have so far!
When are you doing your section B? Mines 5th May :/ got over a month between sections ugh!

Hahahaha I feel so guilty with people actually wanting to talk about physics.

Ngl, there's been some decent questions flying about! I'm sure it'll get more physics related about 3 weeks before the real thing :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 593
Original post by sanil17

There are already too many threads like these. The reason I didn't set up an EMPA thread was clear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 594
Original post by CD223
Ah I'm sure with you're dedication you'll find it easier than I have so far!
When are you doing your section B? Mines 5th May :/ got over a month between sections ugh!

Hahahaha I feel so guilty with people actually wanting to talk about physics.

Ngl, there's been some decent questions flying about! I'm sure it'll get more physics related about 3 weeks before the real thing :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my written part is 8th May, but I haven't been told any practical dates yet!

Ah well :P they can always jump in with it.

Yeah when we all start panicking :biggrin:
Reply 595
Original post by Lau14
I think my written part is 8th May, but I haven't been told any practical dates yet!

Ah well :P they can always jump in with it.

Yeah when we all start panicking :biggrin:

Oh wow! How does that fit around your other exams? My EMPA is 5th May then my first exam is 5th June, core 3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 596
Original post by CD223
Oh wow! How does that fit around your other exams? My EMPA is 5th May then my first exam is 5th June, core 3!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first exam is the 13th May (FP3), but it's only that and FP4 a week later before half term, everything else is in June sometime. We've very nearly finished FP3 as well, so I should have plenty of time to prepare for it and it'll fit in with the EMPA etc okay then.
Reply 597
Original post by Lau14
My first exam is the 13th May (FP3), but it's only that and FP4 a week later before half term, everything else is in June sometime. We've very nearly finished FP3 as well, so I should have plenty of time to prepare for it and it'll fit in with the EMPA etc okay then.

Woah, you start pretty early :wink:

I still haven't properly started revision which I feel bad for, but at the same time I've had coursework and a ton of homework, with no real other time to eat into 😁

Are any of your exams resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 598
Original post by CD223
Woah, you start pretty early :wink:

I still haven't properly started revision which I feel bad for, but at the same time I've had coursework and a ton of homework, with no real other time to eat into

Are any of your exams resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah for some reason the FP3 and 4 exams are on at the same time as AS exams instead of with the A2 stuff? Not complaining though, makes for a much nicer spread out timetable.

Getting coursework out of the way is important though, and there should be time to get into things over Easter!

Just Core 3, you?
Reply 599
Original post by Lau14
Yeah for some reason the FP3 and 4 exams are on at the same time as AS exams instead of with the A2 stuff? Not complaining though, makes for a much nicer spread out timetable.

Getting coursework out of the way is important though, and there should be time to get into things over Easter!

Just Core 3, you?

Yeah I was gonna say! It sounds like it's better than if they were mixed in aha!

Yeah I appreicate that - I'm getting quite stressed at the minute - just putting all my time and effort into coursework and ensure thats over by Easter aha!

Oh nice! I don't have resits, but I'm sitting Core 3/4 for the first time - wasn't clever enough to sit it a year early :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending