The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baarbs
Hi all!

Thrilled to say I have offered a place a Leeds Beckett (which I accepted straight away!

Hurrah! :biggrin:

Really pleased for you and well done to all those with offers today.
Original post by Caveys_girl
So I just got offered a conditional from Leeds. A bit nervous now. I am going as a mature student, I have a degree already, and I will be staying at home. I felt sick before I got offered as I really believed I had messed up at interview.

Me too! And I'm mature :smile: I thought I'd messed up too!
When did everyone interview that has been offered from Leeds today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When did everyone interview that has been offered from Leeds today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last weds afternoon (11th)
Ok, I was last Wednesday am, started at 09.30
Original post by Baarbs
Hi all!

Thrilled to say I have offered a place a Leeds Beckett (which I accepted straight away!

Awesome another Leeds Beckett student. :-)
No I live in Hull which is about 1.5 hour commute so I will be driving up. I also did halls on my 1st degree so wouldn't revisit that for the world. I have no idea how I completed my 1st one. I partied most the time.

Look forward to meeting you in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, that's a commute. I travelled from Durham last year. I hated it.
Got offered Leeds Met today :biggrin: 5 out of 5. Yay!

Well done to everyone else who's heard back with an offer today and commiserations to those who were unsuccessful - there's another uni out there just waiting to snap you up!
Original post by Baarbs
Hi all!

Fantastic news Baarbs! I know you were really nervous at interview. I'm still waiting - even more nerveracking now! I really am so happy for you.😀
Good Luck! I will keep my fingers crossed!!! :smile:
Original post by Baarbs
Hi all!

Congratulations! I had my fingers crossed for you. And congratulations to everyone else receiving offers too. Those who didn't get positive news or are still waiting, don't lose hope!

Nice to see there are quite a few mature students around, especially in Leeds, I'm one myself and just down the road in Sheffield :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Misfits_Boy22
Hello all!

I hope I am not intruding.

My name is Luke and I'm a first year at City University London. I'm studying Speech and Language Therapy, and now coming towards the end of my first year.

I thought that it might be helpful to put up a post and offer any advice to prospective students, either if you're wanting to study at City or wanting to know anything else about SaLT from a first year's perspective.

I will try to reply ASAP, but do bear with me.

Hope I can be of help.

Hey,

how have you found being a guy on a female dominated programme? Was it easy to fit in etc.
Hi all, Finally made a decision. Not sure how to put it on the article but I just put Reading as my Firm and BCU as my insurance. Anyone else put those as their firm/ insurance?
Got rejected from bcu :/ just waiting to hear back from Sheffield now, but it's been six weeks
Original post by Chloe_slt
Hi all, Finally made a decision. Not sure how to put it on the article but I just put Reading as my Firm and BCU as my insurance. Anyone else put those as their firm/ insurance?

I've also put BCU as my insurance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madagascar
Got offered Leeds Met today :biggrin: 5 out of 5. Yay!

Well done to everyone else who's heard back with an offer today and commiserations to those who were unsuccessful - there's another uni out there just waiting to snap you up!

5/5 group wahoooo! What are you planning to firm/insure? :smile:
Original post by beth_23
Got rejected from bcu :/ just waiting to hear back from Sheffield now, but it's been six weeks

Sorry to hear that... And hang in there, sheffield were dead slow last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beth_23

Sorry to hear that. It took Sheffield almost 8 weeks to get back to me but at least it was an offer :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beth_23

Really sorry to hear that, hope the news from Sheffield is good.
Original post by shropshirelass51
Have you had your interview yet?

Nope,not yet! Gosh, feels like i'm the only one on this board who hasn't interviewed yet...so happy to hear that offers are pouring out but this also makes me nervous that it may be too late for me...oh well, onwards and upwards as they say. I shall give it my all next week and just hope and pray for the best!!!
Hope all's well with you*

Quick Reply

Latest