The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
There is a Facebook group called kings college london (KCL) Freshers 2015-2016 and there is a post from fellow nurses on there :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 341
Original post by LoisM
There is a Facebook group called kings college london (KCL) Freshers 2015-2016 and there is a post from fellow nurses on there :smile:

Lovely thank you!!
Hi guys,

I've been invited to a test session at King's tomorrow. any advice to make me less nervous?
Original post by LoisM

^ yup. There's a page called University Freshers which gives a list of all the fresher pages. This sounds weird but I recognised your name from the adult nursing post haha :') I'm Roshni btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 344
Original post by fairplaytoyou
^ yup. There's a page called University Freshers which gives a list of all the fresher pages. This sounds weird but I recognised your name from the adult nursing post haha :') I'm Roshni btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Roshni, did u mean my name?
Reply 345
And thank you, i have requested to join the group on FB x
Reply 346
Original post by fairplaytoyou

Haha I recognise yours too! It will be nice to get to know people before hand, getting excited already!
I had my MMI and tests on February 26th but I still haven't heard anything back. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm really starting to worry :frown:
Reply 348
Hi all, I have just been looking/panicking about student finance. And I was wondering about the NHS bursary, does anyone know if we get money every year for 3 years? Or just a one off payment in your first year? I assume it's every year as nurses can't get so much from the govenment as we get it from the NHS, but just wanted to check! Any ideas?
Original post by Katbatt
Hey everyone! Has anyone managed to complete their Apel form yet for the pgdip courses? I'm paranoid I'll do something wrong with it!!!! Final hurdle!

Hi :smile:

I've got a conditional offer for Children's PGdip, sent off my APEL form a few weeks ago. I was really paranoid that it wasn't up to scratch too but I couldn't get hold of anyone from the university for advice :confused:
I've sent it, so its just a waiting game now. Have you sent yours?
Original post by IzzleIzzy

I've got a conditional offer for Children's PGdip, sent off my APEL form a few weeks ago. I was really paranoid that it wasn't up to scratch too but I couldn't get hold of anyone from the university for advice :confused:

I'm just about to send mine off, very worried about it because most of what I talked about was related to my degree, not my healthcare experience!
Phew. I just had my numeracy and literacy test at last , now l am hoping for good news.
Reply 352
Hi everyone,

I am trying to prepare for the numeracy and literacy test. It will be the next Wednesday. I just really worried about literacy test as English is not my first language. I haven't had time to prepare because I just had a surgery last week and I am still resting, doctors said at least 3 weeks. I dont want to postpone , I am afraid of not getting in as the course is nearly full. So I just will go but , if someone can help me to prepare the literacy one, it will be just ... I really need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 353

Hey! Yes I sent mine about a week ago now...I will be soooo disappointed if it's rejected after everything! Hopefully it will be ok, some of the questions I found quite difficult to answer though :s-smilie: let me know if you hear anything or vice versa :smile:
Reply 354
Original post by stac4321
I'm just about to send mine off, very worried about it because most of what I talked about was related to my degree, not my healthcare experience!

I was worried as I just mainly talked about my experience as my degree doesn't relate at all!! O well, hopefully we will all find out soon enough! :smile:
Original post by LoisM

Requested to join!!
Original post by Katbatt
Hey! Yes I sent mine about a week ago now...I will be soooo disappointed if it's rejected after everything! Hopefully it will be ok, some of the questions I found quite difficult to answer though :s-smilie: let me know if you hear anything or vice versa :smile:

Hey :smile:

I will be disappointed as well. Some of the questions were really tricky, and I did not find the examples very useful either. I will let you know if I hear anything :smile:

Do you know what you will be doing accommodation wise?
Original post by stac4321

I talked about my degree for the first half and then my healthcare experience was more for the last few sections. But I think as long as you give a good example it doesn't matter where you draw it from :smile:
Reply 358
hiya,

I sent my application off on the 12th January and kings still haven't got back to me.
Reply 359
Hey :smile:

I will be disappointed as well. Some of the questions were really tricky, and I did not find the examples very useful either. I will let you know if I hear anything :smile:

Do you know what you will be doing accommodation wise?

I already live in london atm so I'm just going to stay where I am. I had a look at the price of the student accommodation though and there's no way I could afford that! If your moving here I'd recommend you check out private student lets as they should be cheaper!

Have you looked into bursaries yet? Do you know how much we get?

Quick Reply

Latest