The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Alexis has been playing the same way all season. Bit late for you guys to clock now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In conclusion: We have 0% chance of winning a CL under Wenger but he's still achieving above par in domestic football.

That's just the way the cookie crumbles
Original post by difeo
They've reached a final more recently than you have too :erm:

But that was one more competition you were booted out from though :erm:
Forget the manager, you're squad isn't near the quality of a CL winning side.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
No but seriously though. That performance has made me love the lads and co a little bit more, when you put effort and heart into a game it really shows. God bless this football club.

And yes I agree, he really irritated me today, dribbling and runnind at defenders when clearly there's no space. He made our play to narrow. But nonetheless I appreciate the effort.

His workrate papers overs the cracks, needs to compose himself and be more efficient with his dribbles. I don't generally mind him drifting in central because thats clearly where he operates best but he cant really do it when teams play so compact because he physically cant dribble past that many players without getting tackled. If he hugged the touchline and let Monreal in to the game more he would have been much more effective imo.
It's not everyday anger, rage and Wenger out antics pegs, chillax.

I'm not angry, I'm disgusted. Also, I'm just genuinely baffled about how you can have pride in the performance and the boys. Ultimately they failed, will go down as another nearly moment, glorious failure and the rest of it. Tonight's showing was garbage, 0-2 wasn't enough, they knew what was required yet still couldn't do what was necessary. Not good enough.

Haven't mentioned Wenger at any stage but nevermind
Original post by Zürich
In conclusion: We have 0% chance of winning a CL under Wenger but he's still achieving above par in domestic football.

4th place and not challenging for the title. Above par indeed foh
(edited 9 years ago)
But that was one more competition you were booted out from though :erm:

So were you Prod that's how cups work
Original post by Rk2k14
Forget the manager, you're squad isn't near the quality of a CL winning side.

You, We, Us, Them!

WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?!

Make your mind up please.

Original post by Zürich

Indeed, said this a while ago and got stick for it "but he got us to a final in 2006, how can you say that?" (Which he lost) European football is a different animal now and he's just not cut out for it. Sad, but true.
Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4th place and not challenging for the title. Above par indeed foh

ur 3rd pal
Original post by Peggles_*
You, We, Us, Them!

WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?!

Indeed, said this a while ago and got stick for it "but he got us to a final in 2006, how can you say that?" (Which he lost) European football is a different animal now and he's just not cut out for it. Sad, but true.

I made my side up ages ago, what you on about?
You, We, Us, Them!

WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?!

Pretty sure he supports Man U
do you honestly think he can do it? Have you seen any signs of progress in the last few years?

Why not? we were top of the league for the first half of last season last season, unfortunately consistency is something we've lacked in the last decade. The potential is there, it's just a case of maintaining confidence and not picking up too many injuries.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not angry, I'm disgusted. Also, I'm just genuinely baffled about how you can have pride in the performance and the boys. Ultimately they failed, will go down as another nearly moment, glorious failure and the rest of it. Tonight's showing was garbage, 0-2 wasn't enough, they knew what was required yet still couldn't do what was necessary. Not good enough.

Haven't mentioned Wenger at any stage but nevermind

You're missing the point, the tie was lost in the first half. Better to see what we've just witnessed than an effortless and dross performance. I never expected anything out of the game so I'm not that disappointed. I showed my disgust after the first leg so no point raging now. There's no point repeating what seems to be like our anthem after every loss, it won't change things. Roll on with the FA cup and a top four finish is all I ask now.

Usually, not specifically today.
Original post by Rk2k14
I made my side up ages ago, what you on about?

The last few pages you have flip-flopped!

But back to your original point, the squad isn't good enough to fight for the CL, but certainly is good enough to get past that Monaco team over two legs. But as usual, we ****ed it up.
Original post by difeo
ur 3rd pal

I meant for the past 10 years it's either 3rd or 4th and that combined with champions league failures isn't acceptable imo tbqh
Meh... on the bright side less fixtures init.
The last few pages you have flip-flopped!

But back to your original point, the squad isn't good enough to fight for the CL, but certainly is good enough to get past that Monaco team over two legs. But as usual, we ****ed it up.

I guess my vocab has been slipping (MU fan btw)
Agree, it was down to you missing your chances, and Monaco taking them in the first leg. Giroud should have had the tie done and dusted in the first leg tbh.
tbf there's no point getting angry now. At the weekend you probably would have been happy with 3rd/2nd and the FA cup seeing as you thought we had no chance, but now that we almost did it, youre thinking differently
I meant for the past 10 years it's either 3rd or 4th and that combined with champions league failures isn't acceptable imo tbqh

I agree. Give it Bouldy teh the end of the season.

Latest