The Student Room Group

Are you voting for Ukip?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by RFowler
When you factor in the low turnout, only about 9% of people actually voted for UKIP. The majority did not vote at all.

So if the British public said anything "overwhelmingly", it wasn't "we love UKIP" but was instead more like "we really really don't care about this at all".

So again; why should they be criticised? They did what they promised and were voted in to do... which is more than can be said for some of the other parties.
Original post by Reue
So again; why should they be criticised? They did what they promised and were voted in to do... which is more than can be said for some of the other parties.

I criticise them because I disagree with what they were supposedly voted in to do. I can understand a Euroskeptic party trying to block all EU regulation as it goes through the parliament. But surely it makes more sense to make the most of it while we are still in the EU to mitigate its effects? Sometimes common sense needs to come above ideological purity.

It's a bit hypocritical for Farage and UKIP to use the plight of British fishermen for their political campaigns when Farage pretty much ignored an opportunity to make a difference by turning up to only a handful of committee meetings.
Reply 162
Original post by otester
You can either vote UKIP or suffer the upcoming financial crisis and I don't mean like the bump in the road in 2008.

See the Deagel 2025 forecast for the UK to get a rough idea of what I mean.

UKIP won't save you from any financial crisis's only create them. Any party on the right understands nothing about finance and the way the system really works if they did they either wouldn't be on the right or they already know and are corrupt.
Original post by samon53
UKIP won't save you from any financial crisis's only create them. Any party on the right understands nothing about finance and the way the system really works if they did they either wouldn't be on the right or they already know and are corrupt.

How would UKIP create them?
Reply 164
Original post by otester
How would UKIP create them?
By continuing to support the neo-liberal consensus, serving their corrupt rich donors, slowing immigration cutting us off from a vital workforce, failing to act on banking reform, severing ties with important European partners in the (ESA, EU, Airbus etc.,), failing to act on climate change and the environment. I could go on and on but any one of these things can or will create a financial crisis in the future. UKIP would do nothing to tackle the real problems and make things worse by attacking scapegoats.
Original post by spurs9393
I support UKIP.
I go on TSR.
I am above average intelligence.
Stop stereotyping?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prove it.
Original post by FarahInYourFace
Prove it.

How would you like me to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im working in financial services at a top firm, graduated from a top 5 university and half my family is Romanian, I am voting UKIP, any one that is calling UKIP racist is buying the Media propaganda. Its common sense.
Original post by JanKroskow
They will scrap all university fees, why wouldnt I vote?

Their pledge is to scrap tuition fees in science, medicine, technology, engineering and maths. And that's on the condition that the graduate remains in the UK for 5 years following graduation, working and paying tax. They aren't scrapping ALL tuition fees.
Yes, news flash - I am (another) student who shall be voting UKIP.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samon53
No and anyone that really thinks that immigration is some sort of problem needs to go back to school.

Immigration per se isn't a problem; unlimited, uncontrolled and unmanaged immigration is. This is effectively UKIP's argument.
Original post by Sam280297
UKIP voter and proud
And before you spout of your ****, I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic and I support controlled immigration and keeping the NHS free

Well Nigel Farage obviously doesn't want to keep it free...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/12/film-nigel-farage-insurance-based-nhs-private-companies
Original post by dozyrosie
Yes. Not because I actually support their ideology (whatever that is), only because the Conservative party is as clueless as the other clueless parties, and Cameron is a fool.

Surely this highlights a complete ignorance towards politics? I'll be voting UKIP too because I believe in what they stand for, but to not even bother to study the party of which you intend to vote for merely to spite another (as in your case) seems to me to be futile gesture.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sam280297
UKIP voter and proud
And before you spout of your ****, I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic and I support controlled immigration and keeping the NHS free

Farage and UKIP are the main party wanting to privatise the NHS (said today that if you can afford private healthcare then you shouldn't use the NHS).

Looks like you only support UKIP because of their immigration policy then, like 99% of their voters.
Original post by Gott
I would do but they won't get in in a million years so it's pointless and will put Millibean in

The whole point of voting UKIP isn't to elect them for government - nobody representing UKIP is suggesting or expecting that.

Rather the point of voting for UKIP is to send a message to the Westminster elite/establishment that their time is up - to essentially amount greater pressure for an immediate, full free and fair EU referendum, to disturb the cosy Westminster club by holding Lib-Lab-Con MPs to greater accountability (through a greater presence of UKIP MPs) and to also gather momentum to carry us forward towards the 2020 election, where a majority UKIP government will by then be feasible.

Don't fall for the fearmongering 'vote UKIP get someone else' nonsense. Besides, what's the difference whether Miliband or Cameron is in downing street when the reality is that a vote for either of them will be a vote for Jean-Claude Junker?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by leinad2012
Farage and UKIP are the main party wanting to privatise the NHS (said today that if you can afford private healthcare then you shouldn't use the NHS).

Looks like you only support UKIP because of their immigration policy then, like 99% of their voters.

And why did he say that, you deceitful person?

Because doing so (referreing to the 5-8% of the population who can afford private health service) "would actually relieve some of the burden on the NHS for everybody else" to quote his exact words.

But I notice you don't seem to like to mention that part do you? No - you'd prefer to mention, selectively the words of your opponents of which only you want to include, in order to suit your political agenda and deceive others during the process. Well it won't work, because you've just been caught out.

Next time you wish to accuse your opponents of something, have the courtesy to quote them in full.

Furthermore, it is official UKIP policy for the NHS to remain free at the point of service (a fact which was recently officially announced and will be in their manifesto), thus you're not only deceitful but ignorant too!

The only party who have privatised the NHS is Labour through PFI contracts.
Original post by Imrightyourleft
And why did he say that, you deceitful person?

Because doing so (referreing to the 5-8% of the population who can afford private health service) "would actually relieve some of the burden on the NHS for everybody else" to quote his exact words.

But I notice you don't seem to like to mention that part do you? No - you'd prefer to mention, selectively the words of your opponents of which only you want to include, in order to suit your political agenda and deceive others during the process. Well it won't work, because you've just been caught out.

Next time you wish to accuse your opponents of something, have the courtesy to quote them in full.

Furthermore, it is official UKIP policy for the NHS to remain free at the point of service (a fact which was recently officially announced and will be in their manifesto), thus you're not only deceitful but ignorant too!

The only party who have privatised the NHS is Labour through PFI contracts.

Why should people who have paid taxes not be allowed to use the NHS?

Perhap's a way of "easing the burden" would be to not patronise potential doctors coming to the UK by saying they cannot speak English to the required level.

The irony of UKIP is that they are even more in bed with the elite, but have managed to con people into believing that they care about Britain.

A vast majority of their policies make little to no sense, but of course your average UKIP voter can't be bothered to read it.

Edit: also, very impressed by the macho offensive method of argument, normally used by those who have no clue about what they are talking about, and feel that they have to discredit their opponent's integrity to cover up the flaws in their own argument :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Gott
The only two seats which UKIP have are in marginal torry seats which they will almost certainly lose at the next election at the next election

Firstly, I'm not talking about the seats UKIP have now, I'm referring to the seats they'll gain at the general election.

Secondly, I beg to differ with your view - I think their 2 current seats will be retained come the election, particularly in the Clacton constituency.

Thirdly, it's 'Tory' not 'torry'.
The issue with UKIP is that even if they aren't racist (which is pretty debatable) a vast number of their supporters are.

Of the ones I know, (which thankfully is single digits) every single one of them was either racist openly, subtly racist or downright ignorant.

I remember one supporter of UKIP on my Facebook posting during the EU debates "for god sake, UKIP isnt a racist party they just want closed immigration" and thinking to myself, that might be true, but I distinctly remember you at school openly using terms raicst terms about black people, mixed race people, Indians and Pakistanis as well as openly homophobic language.

Whether UKIP is racist is irrelevant because they appeal to a vast majority who are
Why should people who have paid taxes not be allowed to use the NHS?

They can, if they wish - Farage was merely stating that it is surely a more preferable, generous option for those who can afford private health care to opt for that instead in order to relieve the pressure on those who cannot.

Perhap's a way of "easing the burden" would be to not patronise potential doctors coming to the UK by saying they cannot speak English to the required level.

Are you serious? That's not patronising. It's common sense. Would you personally wish to be treated by a doctor in an English speaking country that you couldn't understand or of whom couldn't understand you?

I think a more sensible solution to ease the burden would be to abolish health tourism (it is, after all, the National Health Service) and to get serious about the level of immigration in this country.

The irony of UKIP is that they are even more in bed with the elite, but have managed to con people into believing that they care about Britain.

Oh, is that so? Is that why the elite (of whom the media overwhelmingly represent) are unilateral in their efforts to slander UKIP at every opportunity? Is that why UKIP is the only party whose official stance is to withdraw from the EU whilst the official stance of every other mainstream party is to remain within it? Is that why UKIP is the only party who actually want the British people themselves to be able to govern Britain? Ah, yes, must be part of the elite.

A vast majority of their policies make little to no sense, but of course your average UKIP voter can't be bothered to read it.

You stereotyping windbag better provide an example of that then, if you can be bothered to.

Edit: also, very impressed by the macho offensive method of argument, normally used by those who have no clue about what they are talking about, and feel that they have to discredit their opponent due to the flaws in their own argument :smile:

'Macho offensive'? I'm very sorry you feel inclined to take that view. What a shame. Oh well, feel free not to be offended... I'd utilise that right if I were you while it still exists.

If there are flaws in my argument - do bother to highlight them if you're so clever, as I have been kind enough to highlight yours.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending