The Student Room Group

Who is the best Football team ever?

This thread may have already been done before, but I was wondering who people believe is the best team that they have ever seen, Spain 2010/12, France 98-2000, Brazil 2002, even Argentina in recent World Cups, not winning doesnt necessarily meant you arent the best, Greece were not the best team in Europe in 2004.

As someone who has followed Football since 2000, I'd have to say the Barcelona team of 2011, 1 club team having probably 7 of the 'world 11' at one time, Football is always moving on and there is always someone else who can improve the team, but 2011 was the closest I have seen to a 'Perfect' team, one obvious improvement would be Lahm for Abidal.

I obviously dont remember Brazil 1970, Netherlands of the 70s or Brazil of 1982.

Scroll to see replies

Bayern of 12/13 were decent, good counter-attacking wise, Ribery at his peak, Neuer commanding as ever. Won the league easily, destroyed Barca in the semi finals as well. Arsenal of 2014/2015 are a shout as well given how their fans are fapping over their four game unbeaten run.
Reply 2
Arsenal 14/15
Current real Madrid. Cristiano Ronaldo is by far the best football player of all time.

Also current Barcelona. Alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi is by far the best ever player that has ever touched a football.

Football is at its very best now. We have the two best players of all time. Much better than football 10 or 20 years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol what? current Madrid and Barcelona are no where near best team ever...
Reply 5
Original post by Malevolent
lol what? current Madrid and Barcelona are no where near best team ever...

He seems to be saying "current" as in last 5 or so years... which still doesn't make much sense admittedly as they're completely different from 5 years ago.
Reply 6
Original post by OMGsideboob
Current real Madrid. Cristiano Ronaldo is by far the best football player of all time.

Also current Barcelona. Alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi is by far the best ever player that has ever touched a football.

Football is at its very best now. We have the two best players of all time. Much better than football 10 or 20 years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if srs
The 1950s National team of Hungary.
Reply 8
Scotlands' 1978 team. Defeated solely by alcohol and the Scottish diet
Liverpool 04/05 and 07/08 :u:
Barcelona 2009-12 for me. The record breaking Spain team but with the greatest player of all time on top.

Shed End is the funniest poster on here recently btw.
Derby County! COME ON YOU RAMS!

In all seriousness, I'd say Barcelona.
Reply 12
Original post by lankyryan
not winning doesnt necessarily meant you arent the best

It's a good marker, though.
Reply 13
Original post by Mackay
It's a good marker, though.

Dont disagree, But the best Team doesnt always win, plenty examples of that, especially in the Champions League. Netherlands have had the best squad in more than just EURO 88 being a good example, Im a Liverpool fan and Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan had better players, Argentina won in 86 Due to 1 man I believe
Hungary 1950's

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely agree with everything you said.
Fleetwood Mac.
Early seventies Ajax
Reply 18
Original post by Wilfred Little
Barcelona 2009-12 for me. The record breaking Spain team but with the greatest player of all time on top.

Shed End is the funniest poster on here recently btw.

Agreed with Wilf. Given the way they haven't won anything for a couple of years now, I think it's easy to forget just how ****ing good Barcelona were during that period. The seeds were sewn with Ronaldinho, but Messi's emergence was simply breath-taking and they were unstoppable between 2009-2011 especially. Guardiola's management was first class, and their brand of football was sumptuous.

Spain, too. I know Germany are the current World Cup holders, but Spain's dominance between 2008 and 2012 across the world will never be replicated imo.
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

Current Real Madrid as in 2014-15 season is the best team ever? For me this has nothing on the Real Madrid with Zidane, Figo, Real Ronaldo, Raul, Roberto Carlos.

Current Barcelona, again the 14-15 version, or the recent ones, as lets face it, Xavi and Iniesta have dipped in form since 2012, I think they could win the Champions League this year, but the 14-15 squad is nowhere near the 2011 level, as I said before its the closest I'd ever seen to one club having 7-8 of a World 11 at any one time.

I personally think Bayern have got a much better squad than both of the Spanish clubs, which I think will show as this season's Champions League goes on as they win their 6th European Cup

Latest