The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
No chance at the league sadly, Chelsea basically have 1 hand already on it.

Very similar to the Monaco game actually.

We're 7 points behind them, they will drop points, it's all about whether we can catch them.

If we beat them at the Emirates then it suddenly becomes four points.

We do though have to win every game, and I would rank our chances at lower than 3%.

City were 8 points behind Utd in 2012 after we beat City at the Emirates remember.
Original post by angelfox
Anyway, good night and there's still the FA Cup again and an outside chance at the title.

Chelsea have got Cesc 'half a season bottler' Fabregas remember :smile:

You mean the guy with over twice the assists of any Arsenal player
Original post by jam277
This thread is looking like a pile of **** btw.

How so? :redface:
The nights aim has been completed.
Now on to this essay...
Original post by difeo
You mean the guy with over twice the assists of any Arsenal player

Which happened to mainly come from set pieces, and he hasn't done anything of note lately and got jeered off by his own fans.
Original post by AR_95
Alexis has been playing the same way all season. Bit late for you guys to clock now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry but I called this too.

Although I'd take Alexis. Work rate makes up for it but he gets dispossessed way too much for my liking and frustrates when he has to make the simplest of passes and his end product being so inconsistent. You can see he's got clear ability though and he's burnt out.
Which happened to mainly come from set pieces, and he hasn't done anything of note lately and got jeered off by his own fans.

He's won them the league. Doesn't matter if he's done anything lately or not, 2 shiny medals at the end of the season will be testament to that :laugh:

Don't be bitter, you wish you had him. You'd probably be top of the league :lol:
Not that our season is now over (still have the cup and CL qualification to focus on) but what exactly do we need in the summer? Despite the rise of Coq, I'd still say we need another DM, because Flamini and Diaby look like they both might go, but what else?
Original post by difeo
Don't be bitter, you wish you had him. You'd probably be top of the league :lol:

I really don't. I'd rather have Ramsey and Ozil over that snake.
H
Original post by Depleted
He's won them the league. Doesn't matter if he's done anything lately or not, 2 shiny medals at the end of the season will be testament to that :laugh:

Original post by difeo

Disclaimer: *Angel fox does not speak for the majority*
I really don't. I'd rather have Ramsey and Ozil over that snake.

Bull****. Everyone can see the decision not to take him was terrible. And Wenger snaked him not the other way round. What exactly was he meant to do when Arsene rejected him?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
H

Disclaimer: *Angel fox does not speak for the majority*

So you'd rather have that rat Soler over Ozil?

That snake would have gone missing tonight. When the going gets tough, the snake goes into hiding. Where was he for Chelsea when they got spanked by PSG?
Original post by difeo
Bull****. Everyone can see the decision not to take him was terrible. And Wenger snaked him not the other way round. What exactly was he meant to do when Arsene rejected him?

He snaked us by going on strike to force the move. Ultimately Wenger loves that **** Wilshere too much, otherwise Soler would have been a good back up.
Any you brosephs watching NBA. Need a buddy for NBA.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
How so? :redface:

Do not see the need to ask whether Wenger should stay or go after a game vs Monaco, if he won and you guys then get subsequently thrashed by Bayern Munich/Barcelona/PSG then you'll have the same conversation in a few weeks time.

Also the in fighting etc. I don't think you played that great today, both sides were poor in general. Far as I'm concerned this Arsenal team is short of quality in one or two key positions. Limiting factor is the manager too but he's getting the team to win more big games(United away FA cup, City away league) and I think it's no coincidence that you are winning the big games now you have better players than last season.

It is annoying to see your team knocked out of the CL early though. I lost the motivation watching my team e.g. but you got the FA cup and potentially catching up to Chelsea(unlikely but somewhat possible)
He snaked us by going on strike to force the move. Ultimately Wenger loves that **** Wilshere too much, otherwise Soler would have been a good back up.

You give that as the reason now but you were all in love with him until last summer so it's clearly the Chelsea move that's made you hate him. "Good back up" lol pls stop being in denial. Wtf is Soler
Monaco/Arsenal over the two legs:
Goals 3/3
Shots 13/31
On target 7/11
Successful passes 570/1131

Need to be a lot more clinical.
Original post by Peggles_*
Not that our season is now over (still have the cup and CL qualification to focus on) but what exactly do we need in the summer? Despite the rise of Coq, I'd still say we need another DM, because Flamini and Diaby look like they both might go, but what else?

Coquelin is playing at above his level imho. Adrenaline after getting a second chance will eventually wear off and then you're left with a pretty average DM who's not that much different to Flamini from last season(lots of running and flying into tackles but not alot of control). Dont see Coquelin as anything more than a squad option.

I really like Konglobia and everyone is desperate for Schneiderlin. Even if we signed either of them and nobody else this summer, I'd be happy. But Wenger will 100% play Coquelin for about 2 more seasons before he gets the hump and flogs him no doubt.

I'd also like a striker since Welbeck is definitely not a proper goalscorer and plays wide half the time. Giroud is looking great atm because he missed half the season and is fresh but next season we'll need more. No clue who but Lazarette at Lyon is the guy everyone's talking about and Wenger usually loves the Ligue 1 boys.

I really dont rate Ospina and Szczesny is a bit of a wasteman long term so a new GK too ideally. Cech is the dream target but Jose would never allow it. I wouldnt be that unhappy to continue with Szcz really

With Diaby, Flamini, Podolski gone that's about £200k from the wage bill as well so we have a bit to play with.

---

Next season we'll hopefully have our first choice RB available, Gabriel will hopefully be integrated into our XI and live up to hopes, AOC/Chambers/Wilshere etc will be a year older and better and surely our injuries will not be as bad? So we'll improve I hope.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by difeo
You give that as the reason now but you were all in love with him until last summer so it's clearly the Chelsea move that's made you hate him. "Good back up" lol pls stop being in denial. Wtf is Soler

The snake showed his true colours moving to the rentboys. Soler is his middle name.
The snake showed his true colours moving to the rentboys. Soler is his middle name.

He was leaving Barca:
Rejected by Arsenal
Obviously can't join another Spanish team
Bayern didn't want him
Dortmund couldn't afford him
I doubt anyone in Italy could afford him

France (only PSG, and that's if they even wanted him) and England to choose from. Can you blame him for wanting to go to the one he knows well and speaks the language?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest