The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;49_2wETOvc8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49_2wETOvc8[/video]
Holy Quran: "O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do."
Original post by Tawheed

Ali Ibn Abi Talib a.s was the cousin of Muhammed pbuh, and chosen as his rightful successor. He partook in many of the islamic battles of self defense, as well as personally being brought up by Muhammed pbuh -and being the only man born in the Ka'Ba.

Here are words he is reported to have said(historically):

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".

Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance
Nahajul Balagaha

Peace be on you. Thanks so much for this quote. I told my muslim friend about it but couldn't find it again despite looking. :smile:
The online dating site sued for targeting married people - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31926661

Wanted to share this. Look how far society has come, actively selling adultery as a commodity to make a profit from. The way the company responds in the article by trying to defend such actions is so wrong, and shame on those using such a service.
Original post by Andalusi
amazing short video about wisdom
[video="youtube;F9Fi6UVXJ9E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Fi6UVXJ9E[/video]

Alhamdulillah very true. awesome video bro! JazakAllah khayran

Sahih International
Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah . Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."

[Qur'an 13:28]
Ex-muslim, doesn't know basics of religion they followed.
Yet are experts on hadiths and siirah, only on TSR.
The place where you can convert from sunni to sufi.
i WAS A SUNNI THEN CONVERTED TO SUFI
Reply 6767
Original post by Al-farhan

bro arent like most sufi orders very different to sunni and more liek shia? a lot have there own diff thing goin on :K:

lol :biggrin: they know Islam "inside out" remember. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
حَدَّثَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ عَوْنٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا خَالِدٌ، عَنْ يُونُسَ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، عَنْ أَبِي بَكْرَةَ، قَالَ كُنَّا عِنْدَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَانْكَسَفَتِ الشَّمْسُ، فَقَامَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَجُرُّ رِدَاءَهُ حَتَّى دَخَلَ الْمَسْجِدَ، فَدَخَلْنَا فَصَلَّى بِنَا رَكْعَتَيْنِ، حَتَّى انْجَلَتِ الشَّمْسُ فَقَالَ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ إِنَّ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ لاَ يَنْكَسِفَانِ لِمَوْتِ أَحَدٍ، فَإِذَا رَأَيْتُمُوهُمَا فَصَلُّوا، وَادْعُوا، حَتَّى يُكْشَفَ مَا بِكُمْ ‏"‏‏.

Narrated Abu Bakra:

We were with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) when the sun eclipsed. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) stood up dragging his cloak till he entered the Mosque. He led us in a two-rak`at prayer till the sun (eclipse) had cleared. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of someone's death. So whenever you see these eclipses pray and invoke (Allah) till the eclipse is over."

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا هَاشِمُ بْنُ الْقَاسِمِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا شَيْبَانُ أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، عَنْ زِيَادِ بْنِ عِلاَقَةَ، عَنِ الْمُغِيرَةِ بْنِ شُعْبَةَ، قَالَ كَسَفَتِ الشَّمْسُ عَلَى عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَوْمَ مَاتَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ، فَقَالَ النَّاسُ كَسَفَتِ الشَّمْسُ لِمَوْتِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم
"‏ إِنَّ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ لاَ يَنْكَسِفَانِ لِمَوْتِ أَحَدٍ وَلاَ لِحَيَاتِهِ، فَإِذَا رَأَيْتُمْ فَصَلُّوا وَادْعُوا اللَّهَ ‏"‏‏.

Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu`ba:

"The sun eclipsed in the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) on the day when (his son) Ibrahim died. So the people said that the sun had eclipsed because of the death of Ibrahim. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death or life (i.e. birth) of someone. When you see the eclipse pray and invoke Allah."

Given that Sunni and Sufi Islam can be miles apart, one might indeed view this as being like a conversion, though of course in a technical sense it wouldn't be. Seems like quite the exaggeration over what may just be a slip up in use of terminology?
Reply 6772
Original post by Wahid-r
Given that Sunni and Sufi Islam can be miles apart, one might indeed view this as being like a conversion, though of course in a technical sense it wouldn't be. Seems like quite the exaggeration over what may just be a slip up in use of terminology?

what are you on about i hear brothers talking "conversion" from shia to sunni or sunni to shia etc

like gettin rid of sunni hadiths is big move def a conversion
Original post by Inve
Best thing I did was to add the names of 'the regulars', shall we say, into the 'ignore list' under my TSR settings. That way I never have to read their drivel.

good idea
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by G12D
ran out of pieces bro :frown:

Lol man, thats a shame.
Original post by Inve
Best thing I did was to add the names of 'the regulars', shall we say, into the 'ignore list' under my TSR settings. That way I never have to read their drivel.

I don't mind them, I was just talking about something I observed. They don't really annoy me or lower my faith :redface: Thanks for the advice though :smile:

How are you getting on anyway? How goes the search into sufism?
(edited 9 years ago)

I'll keep mine to myself :wink:

Original post by IdeasForLife

I don't mind them, I was just talking about something I observed. They don't really annoy me or lower my faith :redface: Thanks for the advice though :smile:

How are you getting anyway? How goes the search into sufism?

Yeah, I didn't mind them but recently it's so tiring to see different threads being filled with typical egocentric arrogance and intellectual keyboard supremacy that TSR is a much nicer place when I have them ignored. Their hearts are closed so why should people of any faith entertain them?

I haven't done much research into it yet. To be honest my current situation is that of militant atheist turned believer in God considering Islam. I've been researching it for the last 18 months and there are many things that draw to Islam. My best friend is a muslim and I think he's just waiting for the day I convert :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
tbh most people wouldn't know tasawwuf if it fell out of a tree and hit them on their heads.
Original post by Inve
The online dating site sued for targeting married people - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31926661

Wanted to share this. Look how far society has come, actively selling adultery as a commodity to make a profit from. The way the company responds in the article by trying to defend such actions is so wrong, and shame on those using such a service.

That's disgusting.
The only way the creators of the website would know it's wrong, is when their own partners cheat on them through their own website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do people here think on issue that Haitham al-Haddad an extremist preacher was baned from giving a speech at Kent University, undoubtedly does this question into why preachers who have known to have extreme views are being invited by the kent ISOC ?
Original post by goobypls
What do people here think on issue that Haitham al-Haddad an extremist preacher was baned from giving a speech at Kent University, undoubtedly does this question into why preachers who have known to have extreme views are being invited by the kent ISOC ?

So much for freedom of speech.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending