The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beth_23
Got rejected from bcu :/ just waiting to hear back from Sheffield now, but it's been six weeks

Sorry to hear that Beth, really hope something comes up for you from Sheffield. I have my interview with BCU coming up shortly and reading about rejections is giving me palpitations!
Original post by JaaySLT
Nope,not yet! Gosh, feels like i'm the only one on this board who hasn't interviewed yet...so happy to hear that offers are pouring out but this also makes me nervous that it may be too late for me...oh well, onwards and upwards as they say. I shall give it my all next week and just hope and pray for the best!!!
Hope all's well with you*

Don't worry about the time scale. I'm sure it doesn't make any difference. It's what you've got to offer that counts. Someone on here posted that 4 people they knew in their class got in through clearing last year, so they must have had places right up to the start of term. I will be keeping everything crossed for you!
Original post by shropshirelass51
Don't worry about the time scale. I'm sure it doesn't make any difference. It's what you've got to offer that counts. Someone on here posted that 4 people they knew in their class got in through clearing last year, so they must have had places right up to the start of term. I will be keeping everything crossed for you!

Thank you! I appreciate your support. I'll just give it my all and see what happens. Just a bit daunting as I've only applied to BCU so literally have all my eggs in one basket lol!!!
Original post by Misfits_Boy22
Hello all!

I hope I am not intruding.

My name is Luke and I'm a first year at City University London. I'm studying Speech and Language Therapy, and now coming towards the end of my first year.

I thought that it might be helpful to put up a post and offer any advice to prospective students, either if you're wanting to study at City or wanting to know anything else about SaLT from a first year's perspective.

I will try to reply ASAP, but do bear with me.

Hope I can be of help.

Hi,
I'm starting in September, I'm actually on the postgrad course but I think it's essentially the same, just denser.

With that in mind I'd love to know what is challenging about the course and if there was any pre course reading you did or would recommend doing before the craziness starts.

Are there any useful websites you use for linguistics, anatomy, physiology and phonetics. What have people on your course found difficult?

Thank you so much,
K

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got an unconditional from Leeds now too, looks like we'll be classmates Baarbs! Wonder if they'll be many other mature students on the course.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear on places.
Original post by Ree Marie
I've got an unconditional from Leeds now too, looks like we'll be classmates Baarbs! Wonder if they'll be many other mature students on the course.

I'm a mature student and will be at Leeds Beckett this year too. Should we start a facebook group?

Well done! Absolutely fab news!! :biggrin:
Original post by DeeHarg
I'm a mature student and will be at Leeds Beckett this year too. Should we start a facebook group?

Great idea - how do we do that?
Got my offer for BCU today, very excited! Feel so privileged to have been chosen! Well done on those receiving offers and sorry to those having rejections - stay positive!
Fab, so pleased for you. Hope to see you in September!
Original post by Baarbs

Send me a private message with your name that you use on Facebook. I will add you then do the group.
Original post by shropshirelass51
Fab, so pleased for you. Hope to see you in September!

Thank you!! You will have to message me with your name and ill look out for you. Are you going full time?
Original post by Baarbs

Group created call Leeds Beckett Speech & Language Therapy 2015
Original post by DeeHarg
Group created call Leeds Beckett Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Have pm'd you :smile:
Reply 2994
Has anyone going to Cardiff met sorted their accommodation yet? I was looking at Victoria halls and it says it's fully booked but students from Cardiff met to contact accommodation services which says I can't apply for accommodation until the 1st April :/
Hi, has anyone else applied for Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, if so have you heard back yet? I'm getting so nervous!
Reply 2996

Hi

I got an unconditional offer from Leeds yesterday and I'm a mature student as well. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in September..
Good luck to all of those still waiting to hear..😄
Original post by CharMa
Hi

I got an unconditional offer from Leeds yesterday and I'm a mature student as well. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in September..

Well done on your offer - unconditional, that must be a nice pposition to be in! 😊
Original post by Carolina Monica
5/5 group wahoooo! What are you planning to firm/insure? :smile:

Wahoo indeed! Well done to you! I'm gonna firm Marjon, still toying over insurance tho. What about you? X
Original post by CharMa
Hi

Well done on your offer from Leeds. I'm a mature student as well.
We've set up a group on Facebook for those of us going to Leeds.
Leeds Beckett Speech & Language Therapy 2015.

If you can't find it I'll send you the link

Quick Reply

Latest