The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

When do we do all that accommodation stuff?
Original post by DomStaff

i dont think you need to do anything. i asked my college and they said when alevel results are through and places are confirmed, they allocate you a room, so you dont need to do anything

It depends on the college - mine, for example, charges everyone the same and room allocation is random, so there wasn't anything we had to do. Others with price bands should get in contact with you when applications and such are open. I imagine the relevant information should be available on your college's website.
Original post by newblood
i dont think you need to do anything. i asked my college and they said when alevel results are through and places are confirmed, they allocate you a room, so you dont need to do anything

What about the ballot thing for en suite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by newblood

Original post by Paralove
It depends on the college - mine, for example, charges everyone the same and room allocation is random, so there wasn't anything we had to do. Others with price bands should get in contact with you when applications and such are open. I imagine the relevant information should be available on your college's website.

Yeah I'm pretty sure at Emma it is all about how much you want to pay (at least that is the impression I was given). Thanks.
Yeah I'm pretty sure at Emma it is all about how much you want to pay (at least that is the impression I was given). Thanks.

Emma said in January that they'd be emailing out a freshers pack with accommodation info in March... It's March, why isn't it here???
Sorry slightly impatient

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mini-Me
Emma said in January that they'd be emailing out a freshers pack with accommodation info in March... It's March, why isn't it here???
Sorry slightly impatient

Posted from TSR Mobile

We only finished term last week, and there are open days going on within colleges and faculties around now too, so if they're sending you things then it's probably going to be any time between now and the end of the month. :smile:
John's does a ballot after results day where you pick your own room :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
John's does a ballot after results day where you pick your own room :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

F*ck that's awesome. Too bad they didn't want me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody have a clue about Homerton's procedures?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1410
Original post by umutalberts
Anybody have a clue about Homerton's procedures?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exactly do you want to know?
Reply 1412

All freshers get exactly the same en suite room (unless you get one of the disabled rooms which are much bigger and have a bath) and pay the same amount so there isn't anything for you to do.
Original post by alow
All freshers get exactly the same en suite room (unless you get one of the disabled rooms which are much bigger and have a bath) and pay the same amount so there isn't anything for you to do.

Thanks! Is it nice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1414
Thanks! Is it nice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's pretty decent, as long as you end up on a corridor with people you get on with :lol:
I'm a bit late posting here but only just found this!

Anyone else for PBS at King's?

So excited but worried for exams! :smile:
ONE HOUR TO GO UNTIL #OXTWEET #CAMBTWEET JOINT Q&A HOUR ON TWITTER

Get your questions in - the course, the university, the experience, anything you want to know! Current students available to ask directly!
Original post by Paralove
ONE HOUR TO GO UNTIL #OXTWEET #CAMBTWEET JOINT Q&A HOUR ON TWITTER

Get your questions in - the course, the university, the experience, anything you want to know! Current students available to ask directly!

Searching #camtweet after misremembering the hashtag is really not a good idea..
How much are people planning on budgeting for living costs?

I know Trinity suggest somewhere in the region of £7,850 to £9,200 and King's say £8,360, but it would be nice to know how much people anticipate they'll spend over three terms.
Reply 1419
Original post by bored565
How much are people planning on budgeting for living costs?

I know Trinity suggest somewhere in the region of £7,850 to £9,200 and King's say £8,360, but it would be nice to know how much people anticipate they'll spend over three terms.

They both sound like reasonable numbers. I probably spend closer to £4000 than £3000 a term but I waste money like nobody's business.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending