The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Weighty
Anyone heard back from Hull after interview? :smile:

I heard back after a week:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fianmac
Hi,
When did your invitation for interview come through? What date is it on? I have applied to Napier to do children's nursing too and have been getting worried because I know they interviewed on 2nd March and I have heard nothing since my confirmation email when I submitted my application in October!

With regards to what the interview day involves, there was a lot of information at the open day that were really useful. It would be worth contacting admissions at Napier to ask if they can email you a copy. Briefly, there's a couple of group activities, a short essay (1-1.5 sides A4) on the importance of communication in nursing and a one-to-one interview, and possibly a numeracy test.

Hey! My e-mail came through on Monday and my interview is on the 31st so I wouldn't worry about it if you haven't heard yet!

Thanks that's really helpful, I missed the open day so I didn't know all of that! Dreading having to do English again though! 😵😵
Original post by Shannon_1997
I heard back after a week:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that for children's nursing? :smile:
Original post by Weighty
Was that for children's nursing? :smile:

No it was mental health:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1964
Idgi for city do u have to fill in some form once you've been accepted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloelou13
Has anyone applied or heard from Dundee or Glasgow Caledonian

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied from Dundee and got an unconditional a few weeks ago
Original post by Weighty
Anyone heard back from Hull after interview? :smile:

I haven't even been offered an interview yet :frown:
Has anyone been offered a palace for adult nursing at mmu In March 2016??
I've still not heard anything at all from Napier but I know others have had outright rejections so I'm trying to stay optimistic at this stage.
Original post by twioo5
Idgi for city do u have to fill in some form once you've been accepted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What kind of form do you mean? :smile: the only forms you usually have to fill out is occupational health if i remember rightly X
Just confirmed my replies for children nursing sept,
Birmingham city- Firm
Worcester - insurance
is anyone else going to bcu for child branch>?
Original post by sophieporteous
Birmingham city- Firm
Worcester - insurance

Hey, when did you find out you had an offer from Worcester?
I started a blog last night and it's basically about tracking my progress (personal and professional) since embarking on the UCAS application process for adult nursing, right up to when I graduate. I hope to include my experiences of the interview process, entrance exams, reading lists, and actually what life is like as a student nurse. I don't know if anyone on this thread is interested? Anyway, if you are, then this is the link: http://www.futureflorence.blogspot.com :smile:
Birmingham city- Firm
Worcester - insurance

Hi, when did u get your offer from BCU? I am still waiting, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had interviews/offers from Bristol UWE for children's nursing? X
Birmingham city- Firm
Worcester - insurance

Hey! Congrats on your offer! I've accepted BCU as my firm for children's nursing in Oct also! x
Original post by GeorgiaMeghan
Hey, when did you find out you had an offer from Worcester?

Hi Georgia, I got my offer from worcester yesterday. I have just firmed it as it was my first choice!
Original post by SunnySally
Hi Georgia, I got my offer from worcester yesterday. I have just firmed it as it was my first choice!

Hi Sally,

Congrats! I've just had an email off them saying that they're still considering my application because I'm in the middle group as quite a few people have been rejected.

Did you go for children's nursing?
Yeah children's nursing. There's just so few places so I got quite a shock! Good luck to you tho, it's not a no!
Original post by SunnySally
Yeah children's nursing. There's just so few places so I got quite a shock! Good luck to you tho, it's not a no!

Aw that's great, well done! I need all the luck I can get haha, I just want a place so badly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending