The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by CD223
Yeah I was gonna say! It sounds like it's better than if they were mixed in aha!

Yeah I appreicate that - I'm getting quite stressed at the minute - just putting all my time and effort into coursework and ensure thats over by Easter aha!

Oh nice! I don't have resits, but I'm sitting Core 3/4 for the first time - wasn't clever enough to sit it a year early :wink:

It'll be nice to get to half term and know that the hardest two maths are out of the way!

Yeah coursework sounds pretty horrible :/

Considering the amount of people resitting one or both of them from our classes last year (and most people aren't just looking for 3 more UMS like me, they got Ds and below type thing) neither were half of us!
Reply 601
Original post by Lau14
It'll be nice to get to half term and know that the hardest two maths are out of the way!

Yeah coursework sounds pretty horrible :/

Considering the amount of people resitting one or both of them from our classes last year (and most people aren't just looking for 3 more UMS like me, they got Ds and below type thing) neither were half of us!

Oh I'm sure it'll feel good to have them done!

I do two coursework subjects out of the 4 overall. How stupid of me.
Woah! That's insane! Well done to you though jajaj

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 602
Original post by CD223
Oh I'm sure it'll feel good to have them done!

I do two coursework subjects out of the 4 overall. How stupid of me.
Woah! That's insane! Well done to you though jajaj

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely!

Yeah I couldn't stand to do a single coursework subject, exams all the way for me! (EMPAs excepting :| ). Hopefully it all gets done fine soon though :smile:
Reply 603
Original post by Lau14
Definitely!

Yeah I couldn't stand to do a single coursework subject, exams all the way for me! (EMPAs excepting :| ). Hopefully it all gets done fine soon though :smile:

I wish I could say the same - I screw up EMPAs. Every other coursework is okay but time consuming!

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 604
Original post by CD223
I wish I could say the same - I screw up EMPAs. Every other coursework is okay but time consuming!

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah EMPAs are my weak point - if I mess up somewhere it will be there!
Reply 605
Original post by Lau14
Yeah EMPAs are my weak point - if I mess up somewhere it will be there!

I got 41 last year. Thinking about it now Id be ecstatic with anything higher having done one of the experiments. Got the second (and apparently harder) one tomorrow. I'll need all the luck I can get!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 606
Original post by CD223
I got 41 last year. Thinking about it now Id be ecstatic with anything higher having done one of the experiments. Got the second (and apparently harder) one tomorrow. I'll need all the luck I can get!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh doesn't sound great then. Good luck!!! :smile:
Reply 607
Thank you! I don't understand why last year's EMPA was so much easier in comparison...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 608
Original post by CD223
Thank you! I don't understand why last year's EMPA was so much easier in comparison...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess there's a big step up from AS to A2 EMPA? tbh I was kind of expecting it to be fairly similar this year... wish our teacher would hurry up and get onto the EMPA prep instead of wasting our time :|
Reply 609
Original post by Lau14
I guess there's a big step up from AS to A2 EMPA? tbh I was kind of expecting it to be fairly similar this year... wish our teacher would hurry up and get onto the EMPA prep instead of wasting our time :|

Oh I mean between this year and last year's A2 EMPA! We did last year's A2 EMPA as a mock (June 2014). It was a really nice paper! Nothing like it so far this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 610
Original post by CD223
Oh I mean between this year and last year's A2 EMPA! We did last year's A2 EMPA as a mock (June 2014). It was a really nice paper! Nothing like it so far this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that sucks :/ it's awful when you randomly get a harder year for something!
Reply 611
Original post by Lau14
Oh that sucks :/ it's awful when you randomly get a harder year for something!

Yeah..praying for low boundaries!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 612
Original post by CD223
Yeah..praying for low boundaries!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've all got our fingers crossed for that I think! I'm so glad the EMPA doesn't count for as much as the exams.
Reply 613
Original post by Lau14
We've all got our fingers crossed for that I think! I'm so glad the EMPA doesn't count for as much as the exams.

Ah just so glad the experiments are over! Last ever assessed science practical over!! Kinda emotional 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 614
Original post by CD223
Ah just so glad the experiments are over! Last ever assessed science practical over!! Kinda emotional

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky you :tongue: when I'm done I've still signed up for at least a few years of labs!
Reply 615
Original post by Lau14
Lucky you :tongue: when I'm done I've still signed up for at least a few years of labs!

Ah I'll still have lab work but I'm not sure you can call Computer Science quite the same :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 616
Original post by CD223
Ah I'll still have lab work but I'm not sure you can call Computer Science quite the same :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I suspect that might be a different sort of lab :P although I think for Physics I have to do some computer lab classes at some stage, programming in C++ or something usually.
Reply 617
Original post by Lau14
Yeah I suspect that might be a different sort of lab :P although I think for Physics I have to do some computer lab classes at some stage, programming in C++ or something usually.

Woah that's so cool! Gotta love a bit of programming :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 618
Original post by CD223
Woah that's so cool! Gotta love a bit of programming :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I've never done anything at all like it before, so I'll see how it goes!
Reply 619
Original post by Lau14
Well I've never done anything at all like it before, so I'll see how it goes!

It's pretty cool to create new things from scratch - one of the main reasons that I wanna do the subject at uni :smile:
I can imagine a physics degree is harder though haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending