The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
So much for freedom of speech.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But don't you feel concerned if extremists like these are getting willingly invited by the Kent ISOC ?
Original post by goobypls
But don't you feel concerned if extremists like these are getting willingly invited by the Kent ISOC ?

Depends on what you mean by extremists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Depends on what you mean by extremists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you believe it's okay for female genital mutalation and that a man should never be questioned for hitting his wife ?

Clearly this guy is a firm believer in this and in my books he's a clear nutcase.

Also he is an anti-semite.
Original post by goobypls
So you believe it's okay for female genital mutalation and that a man should never be questioned for hitting his wife ?

Clearly this guy is a firm believer in this and in my books he's a clear nutcase.

Also he is an anti-semite.

There's a difference on FGM rulings so I can't really say tbh. This doesn't mean I'm for it or against it.
With the hitting his wife statement, I don't know the whole context of which he said it in. If he means literally beating her then obviously I don't agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
That's disgusting.
The only way the creators of the website would know it's wrong, is when their own partners cheat on them through their own website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even then I think they would not care! A quote from a woman in the article who uses the service ""I chose Gleeden precisely because it is for married people. It means that the person you meet knows your situation. There's no deception. We can talk openly about husbands, wives and children.
"Also when we are both married, we both accept we only want to go so far in the relationship. It's easier to keep things uncomplicated. We respect each other's private life."

Wow. What a callous disregard for everyone else except themselves. How do they sleep at night? :s-smilie:
Original post by Inve
Even then I think they would not care! A quote from a woman in the article who uses the service ""I chose Gleeden precisely because it is for married people. It means that the person you meet knows your situation. There's no deception. We can talk openly about husbands, wives and children.
"Also when we are both married, we both accept we only want to go so far in the relationship. It's easier to keep things uncomplicated. We respect each other's private life."

Wow. What a callous disregard for everyone else except themselves. How do they sleep at night? :s-smilie:

True.
Some people are really sick in the head.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inve

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh,saw the article on that.Hard to believe any successful marriages exist in France with websites like that.
(edited 9 years ago)
[h="1"]ARE WE HUMAN | MUSLIM SPOKEN WORD | #GIVE[/h]
[video="youtube;9PHpwWnazsY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PHpwWnazsY[/video]
Original post by Inve
I'll keep mine to myself :wink:

Yeah, I didn't mind them but recently it's so tiring to see different threads being filled with typical egocentric arrogance and intellectual keyboard supremacy that TSR is a much nicer place when I have them ignored. Their hearts are closed so why should people of any faith entertain them?

I haven't done much research into it yet. To be honest my current situation is that of militant atheist turned believer in God considering Islam. I've been researching it for the last 18 months and there are many things that draw to Islam. My best friend is a muslim and I think he's just waiting for the day I convert :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. Yh some are like that.

Sounds like quite the journey, what in particular attracts you to Islam? Loool, insha'Allah that day will happen :colone: Expects many hugs on the day if it occurs :tongue:
Original post by HAnwar
So much for freedom of speech.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not debating, but an institution banning certain people from talking on their premises has nothing to do with freedom of speech :fyi: Unless you think an Islamophobe should be allowed to speak at your mosque you cannot complain about this. Muslims can just go and see him talk off-campus.
Original post by generic_man
Not debating, but an institution banning certain people from talking on their premises has nothing to do with freedom of speech :fyi: Unless you think an Islamophobe should be allowed to speak at your mosque you cannot complain about this. Muslims can just go and see him talk off-campus.

Lol. She was pointing out the hypocrisy about the system you always go on about. :fyi:

Yh that wouldn't happen, we Muslims(for the most part) agree that freedom of speech should be limited in certain cases.

Not debating, lol, yh I remember when other users used that one to start their posts too. They actually ended up debating (which I'm pretty assure was their initial intention) and then learned their lesson through a ban.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Lol. She was pointing out the hypocrisy about the system you always go on about. :fyi:

Yh that wouldn't happen, we Muslims(for the most part) agree that freedom of speech should be limited in certain cases.

Not debating, lol, yh I remember when other users used that one to start their posts too. They actually ended up debating (which I'm pretty assure was their initial intention) and then learned their lesson through a ban.

No worries bro

I already reported his ass for starting a debate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeyboardScholar™
No worries bro

I already reported his ass for starting a debate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol.

I like the new name Quantum.

Freedom of speech means you won't be prosecuted for saying something, not that you can say what you want anywhere you want. That's all I wanted to point out. :smile:

Lol thanks. Saved me from having to explain myself :yy:
Original post by student_14
[h="1"]ARE WE HUMAN | MUSLIM SPOKEN WORD | #GIVE[/h]
[video="youtube;9PHpwWnazsY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PHpwWnazsY[/video]

That really is an amazing video. Ive watched it quite a few times before

That talk islam guy is a wicked poet... His ryhmes, emotion and meanings.. Its all really good

Ive got mad respect for the guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sahih Bukhari
Book of Accepting Information Given by a Truthful Person

Narrated Ibn Mas`ud:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The (call for prayer) Adhan of Bilal should not stop anyone of you from taking his Suhur for he pronounces the Adhan in order that whoever among you is praying the night prayer, may return (to eat his Suhur) and whoever among you is sleeping, may get up, for it is not yet dawn (when it is like this)." (Yahya, the sub-narrator stretched his two index fingers side ways).

حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، عَنْ يَحْيَى، عَنِ التَّيْمِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي عُثْمَانَ، عَنِ ابْنِ مَسْعُودٍ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ لاَ يَمْنَعَنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ أَذَانُ بِلاَلٍ مِنْ سَحُورِهِ، فَإِنَّهُ يُؤَذِّنُ ـ أَوْ قَالَ يُنَادِي ـ لِيَرْجِعَ قَائِمَكُمْ، وَيُنَبِّهَ نَائِمَكُمْ، وَلَيْسَ الْفَجْرُ أَنْ يَقُولَ هَكَذَا ـ وَجَمَعَ يَحْيَى كَفَّيْهِ ـ حَتَّى يَقُولَ هَكَذَا ‏"‏‏.‏ وَمَدَّ يَحْيَى إِصْبَعَيْهِ السَّبَّابَتَيْنِ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 7247
In-book reference : Book 95, hadith 2
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol 9, Book 91, hadith 353
Lol.

I like the new name Quantum.

Haha! Me too :lol:
Lol. Yh some are like that.

Sounds like quite the journey, what in particular attracts you to Islam? Loool, insha'Allah that day will happen :colone: Expects many hugs on the day if it occurs :tongue:

It was a single dream exactly matching a quranic verse that brought me closer to the muslims I work with. When I was younger I believed what the media told me about Islam and muslims but when I did my own research it totally changed my view. There are lots of things that attract me to Islam; the sense of brotherhood, the focus on community, communal harmony and charity, caring for the vulnerable in society, not selfishly amassing wealth at the sake of other humans happiness and wellbeing, racial equality....many things. I also don't feel satisfied with the way the 21st century, increasingly 'globalised' world is heading. Learning about Islam really made me realise how the western world seeks to commidify everything and how sexualised our media-filled environment is and how desenitised we are to it. The muslims I know as friends are the most kindest, caring, good natured people I know. I also had another dream recently and I feel as something is pulling me closer to Islam, which might sound a bit silly but that's how it feels.

Probably a longer answer than you were expecting but I don't hold back! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)