The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatsherry
That's mad expensive. I was crying at having to pay £146 a week for an ensuite at birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! :frown: It's catered though so I won't be starving anytime soon, but I think I have an ample cushion of savings to tide me over.
Original post by Tibbz2
Firmed Nottingham, Durham just didn't feel right...

#yolo

Yeaaahhh boiiiii!! Add me on FB and join the group!

Are you studying Phys?
Original post by Princepieman
Yeaaahhh boiiiii!! Add me on FB and join the group!

Are you studying Phys?

Yeeesss :biggrin:
Original post by _Caz_
that pun... :biggrin:

I feel like I'm having to re-learn everything

I felt like I had to relearn a lot of things, but I don't know, something just clicked in me and it turns out I don't really need to relearn anything, because I really tried to understand the ideas in my head. Maybe it's because my head is now attuned to maths being one harmonious entity, rather than separate discrete parts of one family, if you get me. Like, the way there are several ways to get to the same answer... it's all mathematics.

#cheese
Original post by Bude8
I felt like I had to relearn a lot of things, but I don't know, something just clicked in me and it turns out I don't really need to relearn anything, because I really tried to understand the ideas in my head. Maybe it's because my head is now attuned to maths being one harmonious entity, rather than separate discrete parts of one family, if you get me. Like, the way there are several ways to get to the same answer... it's all mathematics.

#cheese

That was beautiful. :moon:

No but seriously, that makes a lot of sense. I might try to merge the maths boundaries and see what happens. Thanks

I think your maths intuition is a lot stronger than mine :L normal maths is great i love it but further maths is just ridiculous in parts. unless its calculus or markov chains and then I'm having a party. Just not very good at other things. :s
Original post by _Caz_

No but seriously, that makes a lot of sense. I might try to merge the maths boundaries and see what happens. Thanks

I think your maths intuition is a lot stronger than mine :L normal maths is great i love it but further maths is just ridiculous in parts. unless its calculus or markov chains and then I'm having a party. Just not very good at other things. :s

ay calculus tho :thumbsup:
Original post by _Caz_

Well, if you look at the grand scheme of things, you're applying for engineering(?)
That's mainly calculus and you like that so :tongue:

Can't imagine us having to use things like that Newton-Raphson stuff next year etc. :redface:
corporate tax reduction & alcohol tax reduction: absolute joke
Tories talking up reducing the deficit as a result of cutting welfare spending: disgusting
Spending so many million on a veteran monument: waste of money
The first time buyer savings accreditation: actually alright

The thing that irritates me the most about the conservative party is how they constantly talk about reducing the deficit as being a main priority. I understand reducing the national deficit is important but if it comes at the price of 1mil people visiting food banks in a year, zero hour contracts, unstable mental health jobs (ie mentally ill people seeing new psychiatrists every three weeks), 5 hours waiting time in a&e, social workers having more cases than they can handle, reducing welfare pay so much so that working families can only just afford to put money on the table & so that people trying to get onto the property ladder can only afford to rent, then I think prioritising it is absolutely ridiculous. Austerity doesn't lead to a healthy society; maybe it works for the rich but not for the working class & vulnerable in our country.

Original post by _Caz_
Guess who's gonna fail fp2?

Spoiler

ME

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
corporate tax reduction & alcohol tax reduction: absolute joke
Tories talking up reducing the deficit as a result of cutting welfare spending: disgusting
Spending so many million on a veteran monument: waste of money
The first time buyer savings accreditation: actually alright

The thing that irritates me the most about the conservative party is how they constantly talk about reducing the deficit as being a main priority. I understand reducing the national deficit is important but if it comes at the price of 1mil people visiting food banks in a year, zero hour contracts, unstable mental health jobs (ie mentally ill people seeing new psychiatrists every three weeks), 5 hours waiting time in a&e, social workers having more cases than they can handle, reducing welfare pay so much so that working families can only just afford to put money on the table & so that people trying to get onto the property ladder can only afford to rent, then I think prioritising it is absolutely ridiculous. Austerity doesn't lead to a healthy society; maybe it works for the rich but not for the working class & vulnerable in our country.

ME

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'd agree with the corporate tax reductions but tax reductions(No way).
Does anyone want a very good riddle?
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
x

When do your exams start?Mine start on 18th May!
Original post by Bude8
Well, if you look at the grand scheme of things, you're applying for engineering(?)
That's mainly calculus and you like that so :tongue:

Can't imagine us having to use things like that Newton-Raphson stuff next year etc. :redface:

All I associate Newton Raphson with is that it looks like a staircase if you do it autograph :colondollar: I'm glad that was only part of our coursework. I'd die if I had to do that in an exam!
Original post by _Caz_
All I associate Newton Raphson with is that it looks like a staircase if you do it autograph :colondollar: I'm glad that was only part of our coursework. I'd die if I had to do that in an exam!

I don't even know what it is exactly... I know it's a rough approximation but it doesn't sound that useful. Whether I'll regret saying that, I don't know :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
I don't even know what it is exactly... I know it's a rough approximation but it doesn't sound that useful. Whether I'll regret saying that, I don't know :tongue:

It's a pretty good approximation actually. Don't know what it could be used for but I can see it being useful in applied situations involving unsolvable equations.
Can't decide what to firm out of Warwick Bath and Exeter... Exeter only gave me AAB and offered me a grant if I go there, which is looking really good against Warwick's A*A*A and a 2 in STEP which I just am not getting good at.......... but then Warwick maths is Warwick maths but then it's so much pressure to get in 😳😳😳😳😳😳 this will be a hard decision
Original post by Bude8

I can hear Newton turning in his grave. :rofl:
Original post by _Caz_
I can hear Newton turning in his grave. :rofl:

Fun fact: apparently Raphson didn't even work with Newton on the Newton-Raphson thing, he just decided to put Newton's name in front of it to make people think he actually did work with Newton and that he's clever, something like that (so I heard, not entirely sure if this is true)
Original post by Skill Twix
When do your exams start?Mine start on 18th May!

12th :P
Original post by Bude8
Fun fact: apparently Raphson didn't even work with Newton on the Newton-Raphson thing, he just decided to put Newton's name in front of it to make people think he actually did work with Newton and that he's clever, something like that (so I heard, not entirely sure if this is true)

Really? I love people from the past, they did all kinds of groovy, self empowering things :smile: Can you imagine that nowadays? It'd never go down!
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Does anyone want a very good riddle?

Yes please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest