Arsenal fans starting to turn on each other

It's happening.

Every single time around march.
Original post by jam277

I support Barca and Wenger now.
Original post by jam277

It's actually embarrassing how predictable it now is. Thing is if you say it at the start of the season Arsenal fans will shoot you down, yet it always happens.
I absolutely love the FF around this time, the less football talk the more the bickering :laugh:
Original post by Depleted
I absolutely love the FF around this time, the less football talk the more the bickering :laugh:

The incoming meltdown by one of three teams :coma:
Original post by difeo
The incoming meltdown by one of three teams :coma:

Hopefully not us. City meltdown would be cool but Slick has left these parts it seems.
Reply 4946
Hopefully not us. City meltdown would be cool but Slick has left these parts it seems.

City meltdown? By which fans?
Avoided this damn thread like the plague for most of the day. In all seriousness now can we please stop taking shots at each other. Predictably lost a tie that we had already shot ourselves in the foot for so leave it, just accept that everybody has different views on how this club should move forward. Damn.

So is anyone going to discuss anything particularly nice or shall we just carry on as if this is the misc thread part 3? Then we complain when other fans call us out.
Reply 4948
Original post by Peggles_*
But you're going to win the league!!

The win on the night shouldn't be looked at on its own. Over the two legs we simply weren't good enough.

Actually I support Arsenal, I'm just sick of the fans who think we need to sack Wenger (and replace him with who?) and spend a load of money on superstar players (as if paying £30m+ for a reputation is a guarantee that a player will be great, see Di Maria, Falcao, also Ozil and Bale to an extent) after something doesn't go our way. If we had progressed in the CL, we'd just get beaten by a monster like Real or Bayern and then we'd have the same pissing and moaning over how Wenger (who was instrumental in persuading Ozil and Sanchez to sign) can't take us any farther and how we're £200m worth of players from the CL trophy (as if we can ever compete financially with clubs from hilariously unbalanced leagues like Germany and Spain).

My favourite Arsenal players aren't Ozil and Sanchez (I like them though), but players like Giroud, Cazorla, Monreal - not players with world-beating reputations, but players who didn't cost a bomb and didn't come in with a massive reputation, but who have worked hard and have visibly gotten better over their time here (undoubtedly in part due to Wenger's coaching) and who are now getting the credit they deserve. Take Monreal - he's not getting into the side on the back of his reputation and price tag, like Ozil and Sanchez (needs to be dropped to get some rest, even if he wouldn't like it) to a certain extent, but because he's worked hard, developed as a player, taken his chances and is now the best LB in the squad. When I see Cazorla tackle someone twice as big as him, I'm on cloud nine, because it's not something he would have done a couple of years ago. So when Arsenal lose and I see the usual BS about installing a managerial revolving door and filling the team with overpriced ready-made superstar players with egos to match, I get a little pissed off. Sure, I'm happy if we win trophies. But I'm also happy when an underrated/written off Arsenal player works hard, becomes a better player and gets the respect they deserve.

Rant over I guess?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Avoided this damn thread like the plague for most of the day. In all seriousness now can we please stop taking shots at each other. Predictably lost a tie that we had already shot ourselves in the foot for so leave it, just accept that everybody has different views on how this club should move forward. Damn.

So is anyone going to discuss anything particularly nice or shall we just carry on as if this is the misc thread part 3? Then we complain when other fans call us out.

The weather is looking up, does that count?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
The weather is looking up, does that count?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would go down as non constructive but it slides here. Better than being mean so yeh :/
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Would go down as non constructive but it slides here. Better than being mean so yeh :/

I wasn't the one posting shots earlier anyway :smile:

Don't really have anything to say until we actually play Liverpool. Newcastle should be a comfortable game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah there's would be goat, didn't mention them as there's none here although I do know some in real life.
Original post by EddyP
Actually I support Arsenal, I'm just sick of the fans who think we need to sack Wenger (and replace him with who?) and spend a load of money on superstar players (as if paying £30m+ for a reputation is a guarantee that a player will be great, see Di Maria, Falcao, also Ozil and Bale to an extent) after something doesn't go our way. If we had progressed in the CL, we'd just get beaten by a monster like Real or Bayern and then we'd have the same pissing and moaning over how Wenger (who was instrumental in persuading Ozil and Sanchez to sign) can't take us any farther and how we're £200m worth of players from the CL trophy (as if we can ever compete financially with clubs from hilariously unbalanced leagues like Germany and Spain).

My favourite Arsenal players aren't Ozil and Sanchez (I like them though), but players like Giroud, Cazorla, Monreal - not players with world-beating reputations, but players who didn't cost a bomb and didn't come in with a massive reputation, but who have worked hard and have visibly gotten better over their time here (undoubtedly in part due to Wenger's coaching) and who are now getting the credit they deserve. Take Monreal - he's not getting into the side on the back of his reputation and price tag, like Ozil and Sanchez (needs to be dropped to get some rest, even if he wouldn't like it) to a certain extent, but because he's worked hard, developed as a player, taken his chances and is now the best LB in the squad. When I see Cazorla tackle someone twice as big as him, I'm on cloud nine, because it's not something he would have done a couple of years ago. So when Arsenal lose and I see the usual BS about installing a managerial revolving door and filling the team with overpriced ready-made superstar players with egos to match, I get a little pissed off. Sure, I'm happy if we win trophies. But I'm also happy when an underrated/written off Arsenal player works hard, becomes a better player and gets the respect they deserve.

Rant over I guess?

Agree 110%. And bolded part brings tears to my eyes, beautiful. A lot of fight in the little guy Cazorla too.

Original post by AR_95
I wasn't the one posting shots earlier anyway :smile:

:smile:
Favourite 5 Arsenal players?

For me:

5: Rosicky/Arteta/Coquelin/Welbz (can't decide)
4: Hector
3: Koscielny
2: Ramsey
1: [video]https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/BxCl1d7IgAEyRZM.mp4[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
How do you post a gif on here?
Original post by EddyP

Rant over I guess?

Solid post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In all seriousness Wenger needs to go ASAP. Seems to me that he has no authority in the dressing room, meek characters with no heart playing for the team. Can you imagine a SAF Manchester United team or Mourinho's Chelsea returning to the dressing room after what your lot did at 2-1 against Monaco. They wouldn't be aloud in. You read a lot of quotes from those manager's players who see them as father figures, they would lay down their life for these men. Wenger isn't the same. His refusal to lambast them in public is an issue too, don't think shielding these meek men makes a difference. Slate them, rile them up and get some fire in their stomachs. These players don't play with any fear of their manager, Arsene just doesn't command it. I don't think players care if they lose, you look at a man like Mertesacker cowering from the ball at corners and it's laughable. It's Wenger's fault, make no bones about that. The sooner he goes the sooner you can progress. In the words of Rafa Benitez: "I am talking about FACTS"
There are only two ways to win the CL. Be in that select group of clubs who can afford £150k/week players in basically every outfield position +GOAT level players like Messi, Ronaldo, Robben or have a very very astute and tactical manager who knows how to motivate and execute flawless collective performances(Simeone and Klopp and in the past Ferguson and Mourinho have the ability to do that).

Arsenal are not in the former group, we are where the likes of Juventus are in that we can afford 3/4 of those grade A players and therefore can expect SF in a very good season and QF as roughly parity. When Wenger leaves, if we want to compete beyond that we'll need someone like Klopp to try and bridge the gap to that big4 of clubs.

In the meantime, picking up Cups here and there and maintaining CL status is not a disaster by any stretch of the imagination. The average age of the club is good and we should keep improving.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest