The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Yeah, I don't see why not. c1 is extremely easy and you only have two other AS exams to resit. I'm doing like 5 AS resits including both biology papers and I've realized how much there is to learn. Also, you should remember that even if it's two months til exam season, our A2 exams only start in June after half term, so we effectively have 3 months in reality. Best option is just to do your best to cram it all in at this stage

haha awesome :biggrin: hopefully we come out with the grades in sha allah (god willing). I'm worried that i won't be able to do most of the past papers, i haven't done any yet except only through h/ws and class work/tests. Have you started doing any yet?. Im trying to go over everything first u know?

Also isn't the june holiday end of may to the beginning of June? My exams start from the 2nd.
Original post by bakedbeans247
haha awesome :biggrin: hopefully we come out with the grades in sha allah (god willing). I'm worried that i won't be able to do most of the past papers, i haven't done any yet except only through h/ws and class work/tests. Have you started doing any yet?. Im trying to go over everything first u know?

Also isn't the june holiday end of may to the beginning of June? My exams start from the 2nd.

I think you could get away with it in maths but on biology it's imperative that you at least try to ,earn the content before starting past papers. For biology, I'm finishing my notes and should finish them within the holiday and will start past papers at the same time too
Message me ASAP if you can help me with the biology ISA on immobilised enzymes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fat chance you'll get help. We're sadly all out for ourselves
Fat chance you'll get help. We're sadly all out for ourselves

Sounding a little bitter, to be totally honest...
I understand your frustration, but everyone has to prepare themselves, so getting someone to give you the answers isn't the best.

Anyone seen any Unit 5 Module 4 questions by any chance?
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Sounding a little bitter, to be totally honest...
I understand your frustration, but everyone has to prepare themselves, so getting someone to give you the answers isn't the best.

Anyone seen any Unit 5 Module 4 questions by any chance?

Bit bitter because I've had countless messages about coursework asking for help but at the end of the day, this just inflates the grade boundaries almost condemning me to a D or E and no one ever gave me the answers because I couldn't give anything in return.

But you're right, I've accepted that I'll just do this by myself and hope for the best
Bit bitter because I've had countless messages about coursework asking for help but at the end of the day, this just inflates the grade boundaries almost condemning me to a D or E and no one ever gave me the answers because I couldn't give anything in return.

But you're right, I've accepted that I'll just do this by myself and hope for the best

Same here, the moment you reply to a thread that says OCR you get countless messages. At the same time though, it isn't all doom and gloom - I got a C in my coursework, but I still got an A overall last year. If you're pushing for an A* then you really want to do your utmost and get around 36+, but if not, don't fret too much!

What's everyone got in the coursework so far?
Reply 107
Same here, the moment you reply to a thread that says OCR you get countless messages. At the same time though, it isn't all doom and gloom - I got a C in my coursework, but I still got an A overall last year. If you're pushing for an A* then you really want to do your utmost and get around 36+, but if not, don't fret too much!

I am aiming for an A* and I am currently on 37, I just did a qualitative today and if I get 10 on that then my mark will become 39.
Hi guys,
I know it's a bit late..... *a lot late*...... but has anyone got any tips for the immobilised enzymes evaluative??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made some stupidly obvious errors in that evaluative. Was hoping for full marks but definitely won't get it now
U
Made some stupidly obvious errors in that evaluative. Was hoping for full marks but definitely won't get it now

Same here, super worried now :/ I'm on 32 so far and I need so much better hahahahaha -cries-

Original post by jjblok
I am aiming for an A* and I am currently on 37, I just did a qualitative today and if I get 10 on that then my mark will become 39.

Wow, teach me your ways pls
Same here, and I am doing so **** right now :/ our field trip results through the year were awful so we're all having to pick up the pieces with these...
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow, I've also been spelling complementary wrong this entire time... As complimentary
Do people use the Heinemann 'official' textbook mostly? I honestly can't stand it! There is so much crap in there that you simply DON'T need to know. I find that it goes into waaaaay too much detail that you simply want be awarded for. I loose the CVGP student book - they are so good and direct to the point. They also are so good visually which aids understanding complex topics. If anyone is struggling to condense the info in the Heinemann textbooks or retake AS exams, I really really recommend the CGP student books. Last year for AS, I got like a D or E in my F211 mock (due to yes, lack of revision but also lacked knowledge) but after revising from the CGP text books and doing TOPIC questions to death I got like 87/90 in F211 and 143/150 or something like that. And I assure you, I flipping HATE biology, in my opinion it is the dullest subject in the world. However, if you use that CGP to death and again, do endless TOPIC QUESTIONS, you can easily get high grades in Biology. Yes, obviously do past papers aswell, but I think doing topic questions are soooo much better because then you get a feel of every single question that could come up. You want to get to a point whereby when you see a question and the marks, you know the type of points that will be on the mark scheme and that will get you the marks. I used to be the kind of person who would just write loads and loads, hoping the mark would be in my answer somewhere, but by the time of the exam, I was able to keep all my answers condense and relevant which allowed me time at the end of the exam and then add anything else which I thought may be relevant, as opposed having little to no time left.

Sorry for the essay but I hope this helps people out!

Best of luck to everyone :smile: What does everyone need to get into university then?
(edited 9 years ago)
Currently sitting on 28/40 for coursework, which isn't that bad but that's probably a D at best and I'm yet to get my evaluative for enzymes back. Hopeful but I know I lost at least 2 marks on that

How's everyone else doing?
I've got my invertebrates (woodlice :s-smilie:) eval and quant part 2 tomorrow. I'm so scared! My teacher has given us no help whatsoever, just keeps telling us that it'll be fine but doesn't even give us any hints on what to revise :confused:

How did you guys find it, people that have done it?
Currently sitting on 28/40 for coursework, which isn't that bad but that's probably a D at best and I'm yet to get my evaluative for enzymes back. Hopeful but I know I lost at least 2 marks on that

How's everyone else doing?

34 max (long story), should be on a 38 but I'm ****ty at practicals
I got 28 last year and I came out with an A overall, so not all hope is lost
Original post by Asif_m96
Message me ASAP if you can help me with the biology ISA on immobilised enzymes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you still need help? I have already done on it so can give you an idea on where to focus revision

So far in coursework I have 10/10 in my quantitative and 8/9/ out of 10 for my qualitative, waiting of my evaluative marks to get back to me
Apart from the pea evaluative and the enzyme evaluative, what other evaluative PSAs are there?
Original post by phoebc
Apart from the pea evaluative and the enzyme evaluative, what other evaluative PSAs are there?

Does the invertebrates responding to the environment count? I have my evaluative on that tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending