The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome_Alien
:frown: All you can do is think where you went wrong in the Leicester interview and make sure you don't do that again! I know its hard, but try to be positive?

On another note, just to confirm? I dont need a passport photo do I? And the three documents that should be fine are: Passport, driving license and bank statement (that should be enough?) Stupid question, but I get quite worried :s-smilie:

I think the passport photo is for later on? They like photocopies of all documents if possible (but I think if not they have a photocopier that could be used?). For the driving license I think ideally they wanted both sides of the card part.
:frown: All you can do is think where you went wrong in the Leicester interview and make sure you don't do that again! I know its hard, but try to be positive?

On another note, just to confirm? I dont need a passport photo do I? And the three documents that should be fine are: Passport, driving license and bank statement (that should be enough?) Stupid question, but I get quite worried :s-smilie:

Yes that and a degree certificate and photo copies of all the documents
Who had an interview today and how did you find it !?
Original post by pyramid_song28
I think the passport photo is for later on? They like photocopies of all documents if possible (but I think if not they have a photocopier that could be used?). For the driving license I think ideally they wanted both sides of the card part.

Okay Thank you! :smile: Also is it easy to get to the place if you are travelling by car? My dad's dropping me off (because I can't stress drive).

Original post by HopefulMedicc
Yes that and a degree certificate and photo copies of all the documents

Haven't graduated yet, so wouldn't need to bring that, right?
Okay Thank you! :smile: Also is it easy to get to the place if you are travelling by car? My dad's dropping me off (because I can't stress drive).

Haven't graduated yet, so wouldn't need to bring that, right?

Its really easy to get to by car, and if he needs to park its a 10minute walk to the med school from the car park, I left looads of time and ended up being early, but I'd rather be on the safe side and sit in the cafe for a bit. You only need your certificate if you've graduated too.
Good luck!
Original post by ceciafb
Its really easy to get to by car, and if he needs to park its a 10minute walk to the med school from the car park, I left looads of time and ended up being early, but I'd rather be on the safe side and sit in the cafe for a bit. You only need your certificate if you've graduated too.
Good luck!

Thank you :smile: I am also planning to leave early. It's better to be safe
Reply 586
I am so nervous I can't eat
Reply 587
And I'm like this because I know this interview is the best chance GEM wise for many years and many more to come considering the amount of.people who are not turning up its moving closer to 1:1 :s-smilie:
Original post by H-W-T
I am so nervous I can't eat

I have my interview tomorrow, what time is yours? I am sure you will be fine :smile:
Reply 589
I have my interview tomorrow, what time is yours? I am sure you will be fine :smile:

9 45 ... Was there no tsr users in interview today ... Were there interviews today ?
Reply 590
Original post by H-W-T
And I'm like this because I know this interview is the best chance GEM wise for many years and many more to come considering the amount of.people who are not turning up its moving closer to 1:1 :s-smilie:

Yeah as far as GEM courses go, these odds are extremely favourable. So chin up :smile:

I'll agree with you that pre-interview anxiety is torturous though!
Reply 591
Original post by ilem
Yeah as far as GEM courses go, these odds are extremely favourable. So chin up :smile:

I'll agree with you that pre-interview anxiety is torturous though!

Have you had your interview yet?
Reply 592
People that have already interviewed... How do you think it went? I cannot call it! One minute I think I did well and the next I think I did terribly! Because you can't compare to anybody else's performance it's impossible to know!
Reply 593
My colleague hasn't got back to me with a signed letter and my interview date is on Friday :frown: However, I have a certificate from work experience and an unconditional offer letter from the hospital that I work at, is this enough?

I have sorted out all the documents for my DBS check and all the photocopies.
Original post by hawflo
My colleague hasn't got back to me with a signed letter and my interview date is on Friday :frown: However, I have a certificate from work experience and an unconditional offer letter from the hospital that I work at, is this enough?

I have sorted out all the documents for my DBS check and all the photocopies.

I called admissions and they said ideally we should have them all, but if we CANNOT get them, there will be people we can talk to on the day so we might be able to sort something out.

I have only 2 of my 3 proof letters so far, and only one arrived in time to print off, so take comfort in not being the only person without all of them! =D
Reply 595
Original post by Kateg7
People that have already interviewed... How do you think it went? I cannot call it! One minute I think I did well and the next I think I did terribly! Because you can't compare to anybody else's performance it's impossible to know!

Pretty much in the same boat, I have up and down moments of "that went amazingly" and, "wait, actually it was horrific." Think I'm averaging out at "it was ok." Suppose we'll just have to find out in a month. In the meantime I'll just continue panicking, at least until one of the places I applied for actually bothers to send out offers (or rejections, but I'll ignore that possibility for the sake of calmness!) :mad:
Anyone going up to Warwick tomorrow?
Yep, interview tomorrow 1 - 2.30 pm.

Although I'm having a few doubts about Warwick.. there isn't really a good prospectus on the course and can't figure out if I like it enough.
I have a conditional offer already but they asked for quite a high grade so thought might still try Warwick to maximise my chances (please don't hate me :P).

Can I ask you: what do you like the best about Warwick? Apart from the fact that it's 4 year and graduate only.
Original post by hawflo
How long did the interview process take? I need to book my ticket back to London and my interview is on Friday at 1pm. I have also done virtually no preparation for it 😬

Huh another londoner at my same interview slot!
I'll be on the 9.23 from Euston and back on the 4pm one (accidentally booked 3pm, had to change. ugh.).
Original post by santi_92
Anyone going up to Warwick tomorrow?

Met someone whilst waiting for mine on Monday who knew you apparently! Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending