The Student Room Group

Conditional offers

Ehi there! I need your help!!!

I'm an Italian student and I've applied for a Msc in Management in many universities in UK. Until now, I've received offers from 4 Uni but to be honest I don't understand how these conditional offers work.
Do universities give conditional offers to everyone that has applied for a MSc or not?
I asked this because the Conditional offers I've obtained ask me a GPA grade much higher than what I'll really get. I'm wondering if they've checked my academic transcript (where there are all the marks I got till now showing that it's impossible for me to get the final grade they ask me) and if the condition in the offer is only something formal they have to set.
If not, does it mean that they just give me an offer automatically without thinking to accept me indeed?
Original post by Nicco10

Sounds like you've applied to Universities out of your academic reach. Universities give conditional offers based on the academic entry standard of the course. If they don't think you can achieve it, then they usually reject outright. A high offer means 'work hard to improve your grades and we'll take you'. Whether there is any leeway to accept you if you get slightly below your offer depends on the strength of the other applicants and how many achieve their conditional offers and how many come close.

If the offer is actually technically impossible, not just very difficult, then you can go back and point that out to them, they might make a different offer or they might not.
Reply 2
I mean that in the conditional offers I received, the condition I need to satisfy is to get a minimum GPA grade of 100/110 (Italian evaluation system), but as the academic transcript that I sent them show, I will not get it for sure. (Not because I don't want, but because Italian GPA is based on the average of marks you have reached during your Bachelor's degree and my average is not high enough to reach 100/110).
I don't know what should I do now. Writing to them? Accepting the offers and crossing my fingers?
Reply 3
If you cannot reach 100/110 by getting 110 in all your remaining modules, your offer is objectively unattainable given your situation. In that case it would make sense to inform the university and see what they say.

It is uncommon for universities to give out offers that cannot be achieved. I am surprised that all your four universities seem to have done just that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you Zepiros! I'll definitely do it tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending