The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations to all those who have received offers lately :smile: fingers crossed for those still waiting! :smile:
Original post by madagascar
Wahoo indeed! Well done to you! I'm gonna firm Marjon, still toying over insurance tho. What about you? X

YAY I have also firmed Marjon :smile: so excited
Original post by nesca89
Congratulations to all those who have received offers lately :smile: fingers crossed for those still waiting! :smile:

You heard from MMU?
Original post by JordanC55
You heard from MMU?

Nope not yet, I reckon I'll hear next week!
Reply 3004
Original post by izzydizzyyy
YAY I have also firmed Marjon :smile: so excited
I think I have decided to firm Marjon as well! And have DMU as my insurance choice!!
Original post by nesca89

Fingers crossed you finally get your good news from MMU soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
Fingers ers crossed you finally get your good news from MMU soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 3007
Hi
Thank you and well done to you and everyone else who has offers and good luck again to those still waiting, it's so nerve wracking! I really didn't think I had a chance! I've got a degree already and the thought of leaving my regular salary is a bit daunting but I'm sure it will be worth it.
I've had a look for the Facebook Group but I couldn't find it, I'd be really grateful if you would send me the link..
Best wishes
C
Reply 3008
Well done on your offer - unconditional, that must be a nice pposition to be in! 😊

Thank you... I hope your conditional offers aren't too bad and you get into the place you want 😃
Original post by LT1508
I think I have decided to firm Marjon as well! And have DMU as my insurance choice!!

Ah! The exact same decision as me then! Good choice :wink:
OFFER FROM NEWCASTLE WOO, bit confused though as it says conditions AAB and ABB??
Original post by aderyn96
OFFER FROM NEWCASTLE WOO, bit confused though as it says conditions AAB and ABB??

I got that too, my ABB was for if I got an A in my Extended Project Qualification...does your ABB have like a condition of another subject or something?

Well done on your offer though!! What are your firm and insurance gonna be? :biggrin: x
Wahoo indeed! Well done to you! I'm gonna firm Marjon, still toying over insurance tho. What about you? X

Think I'll firm Uni of Manch, then insure Leeds Beckett, but can't bring myself to actually do it yet... I keep talking myself out of my choices even though I've made up my mind! :confused:
Original post by Ellice97
I got that too, my ABB was for if I got an A in my Extended Project Qualification...does your ABB have like a condition of another subject or something?

Well done on your offer though!! What are your firm and insurance gonna be? :biggrin: x

Ahh yes!! ABB with a B in my EPQ which i did last year so yay!! I'm just waiting back on DMU at the moment so as soon as I find out with that one i'll have to choose between Newcastle, BCU and possible DMU! What are your firm and insurance choices? :smile:
Original post by Carolina Monica
Think I'll firm Uni of Manch, then insure Leeds Beckett, but can't bring myself to actually do it yet... I keep talking myself out of my choices even though I've made up my mind! :confused:

I was exactly the same last year! Took me ages to actually push the button but there is no rush, best to take your time and make the right decision than rush and regret!

Well done on all your offers and good luck!
Hi Everybody,

I will shortly be firming UEA (unless BCU is off this planet amazing at my interview next week). Anyone else going to UEA? Why did you choose this uni? See you in September, I can't wait!
Original post by aderyn96
Ahh yes!! ABB with a B in my EPQ which i did last year so yay!! I'm just waiting back on DMU at the moment so as soon as I find out with that one i'll have to choose between Newcastle, BCU and possible DMU! What are your firm and insurance choices? :smile:

Oooo exciting! I'm going to firm Newcaslte and have to decide between Manchester and Sheffield for my insurance! X
Reply 3017
Original post by CHUCKIE33
Hi Everybody,

I will shortly be firming UEA (unless BCU is off this planet amazing at my interview next week). Anyone else going to UEA? Why did you choose this uni? See you in September, I can't wait!

Hello,

Ive firmed UEA and got DMU as insurance! have you got unconditional offer? Im sodo access and they wany 45 credits at distinction and im trying but already have 6 at merit, feel very worried they wont accept me! :frown:
Yes I got an unconditional offer because I already have a degree. Just do your best and I'm sure you'll be fine. They are already interested in you. I was impressed with DMU and it would have been my insurance (it might still be if I don't get an offer from BCU), but I had to prioritise the shorter courses because I will only be getting my fees paid and won't be getting any bursaries. Getting on the course should be your priority. You can't be an SLT without graduating, it is less important where you study. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3019
Original post by CHUCKIE33
Yes I got an unconditional offer because I already have a degree. Just do your best and I'm sure you'll be fine. They are already interested in you. I was impressed with DMU and it would have been my insurance (it might still be if I don't get an offer from BCU), but I had to prioritise the shorter courses because I will only be getting my fees paid and won't be getting any bursaries. Getting on the course should be your priority. You can't be an SLT without graduating, it is less important where you study. :smile:

Congrats! Hope you get what your hoping for.
Its a big pressure, because I cant really study at DMU (although id like to) as I have a child and his father is here! Bit complicated.. but I will keep pushing through and hope for the best. I competed a btec in 2007 and my experience combined will hopefully carry me through, ha!

Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest