The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazza77
are you applying for the VS or TC?

Vac scheme

Original post by adriennbrigden
I am the same for the Cardiff office. Apparently we should know by tomorrow.

Who said by tomorrow? Im so tired of waiting now it will be 3 weeks tomorrow since i did mine!!
According to a post on the Eversheds Trainees twitter feed on Tuesday, interviewees should know the outcome of all face to face interviews by the end of next week, i.e. a week tomorrow.
Original post by ajb1993
Vac scheme

Who said by tomorrow? Im so tired of waiting now it will be 3 weeks tomorrow since i did mine!!

I asked Eversheds Legal Trainees on Twitter. I am exactly the same, some people have had PFOs so the wait for us is horrendous.
Just a heads up there is no AC for the VS just a face to face interview so you'll just need to do more research if you get through. Fingers crossed you hear good news soon :smile:
Is there anyone else who still hasn't heard back from Cleary Gottlieb? I assume they've filled the vac schemes by now, but it would have been nice to at least be told it's a rejection...
Original post by adriennbrigden
I asked Eversheds Legal Trainees on Twitter. I am exactly the same, some people have had PFOs so the wait for us is horrendous.

I saw on twitter we should hear by then end of the w/c 9 March (last week) - it's absolutely soul destroying awaiting an outcome! I've just emailed grad recruitment
Original post by Hazza77
Just a heads up there is no AC for the VS just a face to face interview so you'll just need to do more research if you get through. Fingers crossed you hear good news soon :smile:

Thank you!! :smile:
Original post by ajb1993
I saw on twitter we should hear by then end of the w/c 9 March (last week) - it's absolutely soul destroying awaiting an outcome! I've just emailed grad recruitment

Thank you!! :smile:

Let me know if you hear back from Grad Rec I emailed them last Friday and I still haven't heard anything!
Original post by Yazooo
Hey, do you mind me asking when you got an invite?

I got my invite around the 11th March and had my interview yesterday if that helps!
Reply 4668
What firm is this for?

Original post by Hazza77
Original post by 777m
What firm is this for?

This is for Eversheds Vac Scheme
Still no word from forsters post - AC - anyone heard anything?
Original post by TLA1993
Is there anyone else who still hasn't heard back from Cleary Gottlieb? I assume they've filled the vac schemes by now, but it would have been nice to at least be told it's a rejection...

Yeah, I'm in the same boat - they've definitely filled their schemes but it's just a bit rude not to have sent anything. I mean, how long does it really take to write an email?
Original post by Kidioteque
Yeah, I'm in the same boat - they've definitely filled their schemes but it's just a bit rude not to have sent anything. I mean, how long does it really take to write an email?

I'm thinking for those of us who have not received a rejection letter from cleary, perhaps its because we did not put a return address on the cover letter? Just occurred to me :s-smilie:
Original post by noel123
I'm thinking for those of us who have not received a rejection letter from cleary, perhaps its because we did not put a return address on the cover letter? Just occurred to me :s-smilie:

I put one on mine. Also I think on the online form where you submit your cover letter it asked for your address too... :s-smilie:
Has anyone heard from Winckworth Sherwood and TLT (London) post app? (I applied close to the deadline)
Reply 4675
Original post by almvp
Hello, when was your AC? have you heard back yet?

Last Friday, London office. And nope, heard nothing!
Reply 4676
Original post by dierks
Yep I will message you

Hi, I was wondering if you could PM me about the type of questions they ask too? Would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Original post by TrainingChopeful
So have a quick question, I have been working at a new job for about a week and a half now but I have an AC coming up for a VS. With this new job it'll be unlikely that I will be able to attend the VS now or will be able to take the time off to attend the AC. What I want to know (as the firm I have an AC with is one of my favourite firms) will it ruin my chances when I apply for a TC that I was unable to attend the AC?

They do offer one day insight days which I would be interested in. I just don't know what the best thing to do would be? Would realllllyyyyy appreciate some guidance :smile:

Hey! I feel like I'm in a slightly similar situation as I'm studying in Asia so find it v difficult to attend ACs. After having spoken to firms, the majority seem to be really understanding if you have legitimate reasons not to be able to make the ACs so I don't think it will ruin your chances!
I would probably ring them (more personal) so that you can fully get your enthusiasm for the firm across and emphasis that not being able to attend is not a reflection of your interest ect.
They are definitely interested in you as a candidate if you've got to the AC stage, so suggesting alternatives (such as whether you could be considered for insight scheme if this is a possibility) could be a good course of action! :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 4678
Berwin Leighton Paisner Summer Vac Scheme Offer - Better Late than never :smile:
Has anyone got any experience of a Trowers and Hamlins interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending