The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

queens x
Original post by khutchinson06
queens x

Are you enjoying it... What's the uni like to study in...
Reply 422
Hope we all get places everyone here is so dead on:smile: I think somebody else posted they were studying that, or had finished studying it sorry! It's a good degree to do for social work defo:smile:
Original post by mmq02
Hope we all get places everyone here is so dead on:smile: I think somebody else posted they were studying that, or had finished studying it sorry! It's a good degree to do for social work defo:smile:

Thanks mmq, I hope we do to... Your dead on to... And it would be nice if we were all classmates....
i am it was my second ucas choice queens is great lecturers are experienced and friendly they encourage you to do your best. But social work is completely different as its practise for professional vocation so itl be tough
i am it was my second ucas choice queens is great lecturers are experienced and friendly they encourage you to do your best. But social work is completely different as its practise for professional vocation so itl be tough

Glad you are enjoying your course. Yeah the degree in social work will be tough but will be worth it...
same it would be great if we all get on the course x
Original post by Bernie..
Glad you are enjoying your course. Yeah the degree in social work will be tough but will be worth it...

definately im really passionate about it
Hi guys, I'm new to this and my friends were raving about it so I thought I'd join in. Ive applied for SW in both magee and queens and i had my interview a couple of weeks ago. I was having a wee scoop through some of the older messages and I'm just wanting to see does anyone how the application process work for Queens and Magee as i shared my information with both and when will you find out whether you were successful or not? I'm not confident atall but i need peace of mind it's been driving me mad thinking 'i should of said this...' and I'm at the stage now that i want it over and done with! In my interview i asked how it worked but the interviewees weren't sure themselves!
Original post by racheltwells
Hi guys, I'm new to this and my friends were raving about it so I thought I'd join in. Ive applied for SW in both magee and queens and i had my interview a couple of weeks ago. I was having a wee scoop through some of the older messages and I'm just wanting to see does anyone how the application process work for Queens and Magee as i shared my information with both and when will you find out whether you were successful or not? I'm not confident atall but i need peace of mind it's been driving me mad thinking 'i should of said this...' and I'm at the stage now that i want it over and done with! In my interview i asked how it worked but the interviewees weren't sure themselves!

hi rachel if youve shared information you only get one interview for both queens and magee. If you havent been unsuccessful yet thats really good. Hope this helps you a bit hang in there were all in the same boat xx
hi rachel if youve shared information you only get one interview for both queens and magee. If you havent been unsuccessful yet thats really good. Hope this helps you a bit hang in there were all in the same boat xx

no news is good news at this stage
no news is good news at this stage

Bernie I wish I had of said all the things I left out at the end!!! Well done you for doing that :smile: to be honest I think they know from talking to the candidates whether they would make good social workers or not....language, communication, body language eye x
I agree nicoh a friend of mine who is a family and childcare social worker said to me you can tell a mile off if a person has a good value base or not..
Hey Guys, :smile:

I am all new to this. I have been reading through all your comments - some great info. I have an interview for both Queens and UU next week. Have been working a lot and haven't got a chance to look at anything yet. Did you guys spend quite a bit of time looking over things? Any tips on anything in specific or do you think if I follow the guidelines I should be ok? I know there is 6 questions but within each question was there more than 1 questions in each of them?
Wish yous all the best of luck....eeekkk exciting but nerve wreaking too.:s-smilie:

Can't wait to get the interviews out of the way now.
Reply 434
Basically that little yellow sheet is your lifeline ahha was mine anyway!
I also looked up relevant issues for things to do with my experience and personal statement info :smile:

You will be fine, let us know how you get on! Interviewers really were lovely this year so all the best! its amazing once its finished haha
x
Thanks mmq02, yeh I think that if I follow the guidelines carefully I should be ok. I may just get preparing as much as I can inbetween work. Yeah like I was thinking of looking up relevant cases/issues that may be useful.

Yeah I will let you all know how I get on, that's good its always good to have nice interviewers as someone not so nice could put you off. Awh I would say it is amazing having them over and done with it's just the waiting afterwards tho but as I say whatever will be will be :smile:

Gooood Luck!
Reply 436
Original post by Sheena Gal
Thanks mmq02, yeh I think that if I follow the guidelines carefully I should be ok. I may just get preparing as much as I can inbetween work. Yeah like I was thinking of looking up relevant cases/issues that may be useful.

Yeah I will let you all know how I get on, that's good its always good to have nice interviewers as someone not so nice could put you off. Awh I would say it is amazing having them over and done with it's just the waiting afterwards tho but as I say whatever will be will be :smile:

Gooood Luck!

Hi guys
Finally my interviews 2moro, can't wait to get it over and done with, even got a phone call today to remind me.
Any1 else getting interviewed 2moro. It's mad to think that nerves could ruin a 20 minute interview and spoil my chances, not worried at all now but when I get up 2moro cert I can't string a sentence together.:smile:
Hi Sheena congrats on your interview, were is it? Interviewers at queens were lovely, yeah follow the guidelines and you will be grand.

Bernie...
after my interview I'd say try and stay calm if you can! the Nerves ate away at me during mine but the interviewers will understand. My biggest tip would be to make sure you have some of your own experience and a piece of recent news up your sleeve and don't be afriad to ask them to repeat the question or ask to go back to a previous question! good luck you'll do great :smile:
Original post by rmc79
Hi guys
Finally my interviews 2moro, can't wait to get it over and done with, even got a phone call today to remind me.
Any1 else getting interviewed 2moro. It's mad to think that nerves could ruin a 20 minute interview and spoil my chances, not worried at all now but when I get up 2moro cert I can't string a sentence together.:smile:

Hi rmc79

Goodluck for tomorrow will be thinking of you, you will be fine, just take big deep breaths if you get nervous...

What time is your interview, let us know how you get on...

Quick Reply

Latest