The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
I got an e-mail asking me to respond with when I'm available in the next fortnight for a face-to-face interview with Cambridge Consultants :dance:

That's great!!
Good luck for it!!
Original post by binarythoughts
That's great!!
Good luck for it!!

The Einstein riddle is very thought provoking! I've given myself a template with the most obvious info already drawn on the houses (I've made myself a massive spider diagram and a small drawing of the houses with corresponding info). How long did you take to solve it?
Exams this year should be super easy.

Like we've finished content for all of chem and further maths (bar M3 one topic left)

Which means I won't have to revise out of lessons... Cos we have 5 weeks left in school, which means revision will be in lessons.

Wooo

Did S3 in less than 25 sides of A4 lol
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
The Einstein riddle is very thought provoking! I've given myself a template with the most obvious info already drawn on the houses (I've made myself a massive spider diagram and a small drawing of the houses with corresponding info). How long did you take to solve it?

I wrote down all the info too with illustrations.
Took me around half an hour; feels so good when you get it!
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Like we've finished content for all of chem and further maths (bar M3 one topic left)

Which means I won't have to revise out of lessons... Cos we have 5 weeks left in school, which means revision will be in lessons.

Wooo

I hate M3 so much, it's so boring.

How are you finding chem? On track for an A*?

Wooo

Don't get complacent :wink: :tongue: (I actually agree exams this year should be simples)

Original post by Princepieman
Woah! Damn, those guys are really cool! Good luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you know about them? Frankly I'm still not sure what exactly they do :lol:
I wrote down all the info too with illustrations.
Took me around half an hour; feels so good when you get it!

Just solved it. Took me 4 minutes + 3 minutes to draw the spider diagram :biggrin:
7 minutes overall
(edited 9 years ago)
Just solved it. Took me 4 minutes (from the moment you quoted me) + 3 minutes to draw the spider diagram :biggrin:
7 minutes overall

Why were you timing yourself? :laugh:
Why were you timing yourself? :laugh:

I like to time myself when solving stuff :biggrin:
Gives me an idea of how concentration affects my way of tackling problems :P
I like to time myself when solving stuff :biggrin:
Gives me an idea of how concentration affects my way of tackling problems :P

So organised.
Original post by crosstalk
So organised.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but I've been trying to stay that way for the past few months :smile:
Time-efficiency is my main problem in most of the stuff I do. Being more organised is helping to solve this problem.
Original post by Red Fox
I hate M3 so much, it's so boring.

How are you finding chem? On track for an A*?

What's on your M3 again? :lol:

Mine is just DEs, SHM, Impulse and rigid bodies. Should be easy A* module along with M2 and S2/3. Then FP2 I need to do well in if I want to do maths b

Chem... I need to do a past paper after I've read through my notes to see where I am. I'll probably end up 'bombing' F324 and doing decently in F325

But should be fine Yeah

You? Physics is so boring my god
Don't get complacent :wink: :tongue: (I actually agree exams this year should be simples)

What do you know about them? Frankly I'm still not sure what exactly they do :lol:

Much easier than last year ngl, and last year was nice and breezy so hoping all will be well

Unless disaster strikes lol
Man I love how Dream Theater the 20 min + songs have like no singing until 4 minutes in :lol:

Mine is just DEs, SHM, Impulse and rigid bodies. Should be easy A* module along with M2 and S2/3. Then FP2 I need to do well in if I want to do maths b

Chem... I need to do a past paper after I've read through my notes to see where I am. I'll probably end up 'bombing' F324 and doing decently in F325

But should be fine Yeah

What board are you on for Maths? OCR M3 is very pleasant.

(I really should try and do some Physics, though it is ****ing boring on AQA)

But should be fine Yeah

Much easier than last year ngl, and last year was nice and breezy so hoping all will be well

Unless disaster strikes lol

Dimensional analysis, 1D and 2D collisions, projectiles eliminating time, projectiles on an inclined plane and relative motion:tongue:.

Chem I'm not doing that great but I haven't finished the course and I'm not putting any effort in at the moment but I should be fine by the exams. Physics is really boring but it's quite easy tbh.
What board are you on for Maths? OCR M3 is very pleasant.

(I really should try and do some Physics, though it is ****ing boring on AQA)

WJEC!

Physics is **** all round
Original post by Red Fox
Dimensional analysis, 1D and 2D collisions, projectiles eliminating time, projectiles on an inclined plane and relative motion:tongue:.

Chem I'm not doing that great but I haven't finished the course and I'm not putting any effort in at the moment but I should be fine by the exams. Physics is really boring but it's quite easy tbh.

That does sound boring

Good to hear :biggrin: wooo, gonna start driving lessons I think during study leave
WJEC!

Physics is **** all round

I maintain that it's the omission of calculus (as least for me).

There's no way to prove certain assertions made by the textbook without calculus (the energy stored in a capacitor is my favourite example).

My teacher also "convinced" me that doing the "easy" (read: boring and a bit wrong) optional module would be better than doing one that I actually like, because the rest of the class is also doing the boring one and she didn't want me to be on my own since I wouldn't be being taught the content by a teacher. I later found out that M4 covers like half of the module I wanted to do, so I probably could have done it anyway.

From what you said before, WJEC M3 sounds pretty much the same as OCR M3! :biggrin: (there's like a 2 page spring chapter as well though)
(edited 9 years ago)
I maintain that it's the omission of calculus (as least for me).

There's no way to prove certain assertions made by the textbook without calculus (the energy stored in a capacitor is my favourite example).

My teacher also "convinced" me that doing the "easy" (read: boring and a bit wrong) optional module would be better than doing one that I actually like, because the rest of the class is also doing the boring one and she didn't want me to be on my own since I wouldn't be being taught the content by a teacher. I later found out that M4 covers like half of the module I wanted to do, so I probably could have done it anyway.

Tbf we do use differential equations to show stuff like capacitor energy, and radioactive decays and half lives, still boring though idk

Which module was that? We don't get any optional ones
Tbf we do use differential equations to show stuff like capacitor energy, and radioactive decays and half lives, still boring though idk

Lol, the maths in AH Physics us non existant. It's mostly plug and play.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah there is a tiny mention of differential equations, but (at least for AQA) it's not super rigorous (because they couldn't talk about integration and differentiation directly so they were just like "here's the solution to this equation, you can sort of accept this as true if you look at this sort of useful equation"). It's pretty much just "here's an equation for charge/voltage in time, plug those numbers in and shut up".

"Turning Points in Physics". We do Thermal and Nuclear Physics + the optional module in one exam. It's pretty easy. Turning Points is pretty much what it says on the can - discovery of the electron (discharge tube, cathode rays, etc.), wave-particle duality/photoelectricity (de Broglie's wavelength, etc.) and special relativity (which is the one part that's actually cool even if I already pretty much had it down). We're supposed to know how these discoveries revolutionised physics.

I wanted to do Applied Physics (moments of inertia, better thermodynamics) or Astronomy (stars, other space stuff :tongue:).
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest