The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abccba120
Haha have no idea tbh ������ & I do maths,econ & phys + wbq.. I'm really hoping I find someone who hasn't done FM or I will feel weird������

[URL=http://www.thestudentroom.
co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile

I also do not do FM!!!!! We can be the ones in the back struggling hehe x
Original post by tomixox
I also do not do FM!!!!! We can be the ones in the back struggling hehe x

Omg YES!! :biggrin: Don't think there are many of us without FM haha.. you going to firm LSE?
Omg YES!! :biggrin: Don't think there are many of us without FM haha.. you going to firm LSE?

Yeah don't think there will be! I'd completely written it off because I didn't do FM and hadn't heard from them for mooooonths plus my Maths module scores were good but not greaaaaaat hahaha! Yeah I think so but gonna go visit next week before I officially firm ☺️ Been so hard as I luuuuuurved UCL but gonna go with LSE I think! What about you?
Original post by tomixox
Yeah don't think there will be! I'd completely written it off because I didn't do FM and hadn't heard from them for mooooonths plus my Maths module scores were good but not greaaaaaat hahaha! Yeah I think so but gonna go visit next week before I officially firm ☺️ Been so hard as I luuuuuurved UCL but gonna go with LSE I think! What about you?

Oh wow you just described my exact same situation LOL. Yeah me too! Gonna go to the open day then most likely firm aha, UCL was pretty good too I know but at the end of the day it's LSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow you just described my exact same situation LOL. Yeah me too!������ Gonna go to the open day then most likely firm aha, UCL was pretty good too I know but at the end of the day it's LSE ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

it is the fact that LSE sounds better and more prestigious because it got Economics in its name that made people choose Lse over ucl i think aha. honestly the professors and lecturers in LSE are incredible if you look at their CV and where they were graduated from
Offer from warwick A*AA applied through ucas extra

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3406
Original post by Shilen
Offer from warwick A*AA applied through ucas extra

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Is this straight Econ?! (L100) What were your stats?
Anyone here going to the target 2.0 national final tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone have any opinions on industrial economics at Nottingham? job prosepcts etc? and if anyone knows if the course accepts general studies as it says nowhere on website or my offer otherwise?
Original post by fredhovis
anyone have any opinions on industrial economics at Nottingham? job prosepcts etc? and if anyone knows if the course accepts general studies as it says nowhere on website or my offer otherwise?

Notts is ace! Solid prospects for IB and other high end careers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got an offer from warwick!! :biggrin:
Original post by Anaarutyunyan
I just got an offer from warwick!! :biggrin:

Congrats!!!
Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 3413
Thank you! :biggrin:

congrats :smile:

what are your grades??
Original post by User25
congrats :smile:

what are your grades??

Thank you :smile: 4AS and 3A* prediction but one was in psycholgy so I really doubted I would get an offer!
Reply 3415
Thank you :smile: 4AS and 3A* prediction but one was in psycholgy so I really doubted I would get an offer!

Nice, would you mind sharing GCSEs? Apparently you need 8 a stars?
Original post by User25
Nice, would you mind sharing GCSEs? Apparently you need 8 a stars?

Haha I have the bare minimum then! 8A* 2A :smile: where have you had an offer from?:smile:
Reply 3417
Haha I have the bare minimum then! 8A* 2A :smile: where have you had an offer from?:smile:

Nottingham's my top choice at the moment, hopefully warwick. Got the same predicted as you but 1 less a star at gcses
Offer from Warwick!!!!
GCSE: 8A* 2A 2B
AS: AAAB (Maths, FM, Econ, Physics)
A2: A*A*A*A (A in Physics)
Reply 3419
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Offer from Warwick!!!!
GCSE: 8A* 2A 2B
AS: AAAB (Maths, FM, Econ, Physics)
A2: A*A*A*A (A in Physics)

congrats

who are you thinking of firming and insuring