The Student Room Group

Intermediate Maths Challenge - UKMT - 5th February 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helloeveryone123
Everyone has done their papers today though haven't they?!

I think so but that's only the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
I'm sure you've done better than you think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I guessed practically all of them and made the stupidest mistakes evrrr
I did Hamilton today and found it easier than expected. I finished all questions about 20 min early. Fingers crossed for my solution writing...
Just done the grey kangaroo, it was alright.....
Ive got a copy of the paper with me, my teacher is nice.
Original post by 9753186420
I did Hamilton today and found it easier than expected. I finished all questions about 20 min early. Fingers crossed for my solution writing...

I thought 5 was the easiest! How did you work out 1 and 2??!?? I thought those ones were hard
Original post by helloeveryone123
I thought 5 was the easiest! How did you work out 1 and 2??!?? I thought those ones were hard

I finished the questions with 15min to spare but 1 was probably the easiest because all you had to know was how to find a multiple of 8 and a multiple of 9.

If it is a multiple of eight, then the last 3 digits are a multiple of eight and if it is a multiple of 9, the digits add to a multiple of 9.

Therefore with some working out, b = 2 and a = 3
Original post by Shavi4325
I finished the questions with 15min to spare but 1 was probably the easiest because all you had to know was how to find a multiple of 8 and a multiple of 9.

If it is a multiple of eight, then the last 3 digits are a multiple of eight and if it is a multiple of 9, the digits add to a multiple of 9.

Therefore with some working out, b = 2 and a = 3

Oh okay thanks!! I think I had a few marks for that...wow you finished all of them! I had a bit of a problem with time! What about q4 and 6?? Others I'm pretty confident on I think
Anyone want to go through answers for pink kangaroo?... really curious on questions from 17 to 25 seeing as most of them were guesses:wink:
Original post by patelvinai
Anyone want to go through answers for pink kangaroo?... really curious on questions from 17 to 25 seeing as most of them were guesses:wink:

Yessss
Me too, I guessed most though tbh and realized how many easy stupid mistakes I made :frown:
Guess i was the only one doing grey kangaroo....
I can't do pink because I'm not old enough ugh :frown:
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
I think so but that's only the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, its the same everywhere in europe
im in germany and i took the hamilton paper yesterday
hamilton was easy except i struggled with writing solution for q5
still finished half an hour early
which question was hardest in your opinion?
how many marks do you think we need for summer school with hamilton
47?
when will the solutions b coming out for grey and pink??
Original post by Dizgurl
when will the solutions b coming out for grey and pink??

A week or 2 probably
Original post by theworkkid
A week or 2 probably

okay
Reply 599
Does anyone remember the Hamilton questions? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending