The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by rmc79
Hi guys
Finally my interviews 2moro, can't wait to get it over and done with, even got a phone call today to remind me.
Any1 else getting interviewed 2moro. It's mad to think that nerves could ruin a 20 minute interview and spoil my chances, not worried at all now but when I get up 2moro cert I can't string a sentence together.:smile:

Nerves will not get the better of you! you may be so so nervous but once you go in just smile and breath, even if you feel mad haha. I spoke my thoughts out load and nattered away and often had to take a few deep breaths to slow myself down but do not worry,as they understand how nervous people can get.

Just learn your experience loads and sell yourself that you are a good candidate as best as you can and they will see it:smile:
Reply 441
Original post by Bernie..
Hi rmc79

Goodluck for tomorrow will be thinking of you, you will be fine, just take big deep breaths if you get nervous...

What time is your interview, let us know how you get on...

Thanks guys for advice and support.
This thread has been very helpful, suppose that's why we're going in this career direction.
I don't know what I'll do when interview is over, stalk ucas track. Lol

Rory
Reply 442
P.S. nice an early interview 9-30
Any1 else in early.
:smile:
Original post by rmc79
P.S. nice an early interview 9-30
Any1 else in early.
:smile:

Lol we all stalk track, 9.30 am that was time I had mine, least you will have it over and done with early and you won't be stressing all day..

Keep positive you will be great...

Bernie...
Hi I also have my interview tomorrow and I am so nervous. I did alot of research yes even I attempt to practice by speaking out aloud I clam up and waffle. I have limited work experience tbh but I am hoping my life experiences are enough to build upon. I wish everyone the best of luck and even though you are all my competition Iol I hope u all do well. I appreciate how nerve racking it is so just want to say a big well done you all for getting to this stage x Trudie
Original post by Trudes84
Hi I also have my interview tomorrow and I am so nervous. I did alot of research yes even I attempt to practice by speaking out aloud I clam up and waffle. I have limited work experience tbh but I am hoping my life experiences are enough to build upon. I wish everyone the best of luck and even though you are all my competition Iol I hope u all do well. I appreciate how nerve racking it is so just want to say a big well done you all for getting to this stage x Trudie

yes well done everyone hope interviews go ok just try and relax tonight im sure yous will do great let us know how you get on. xx
Original post by Trudes84

Thanks Trudie goodluck for your interview tomorrow, what time is it at?
Hey guys just a wee quick question, I have been looking at student finance forms and it says the forms should be back by 17th April, how is that going to be possible when we won't know were we are going to, untill maybe start of may. What is everyone else doing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 448
Damn....I totally forgot about that... Bernie I would maybe ring up queen and ask them directly, as getting through to student finance can be a bit insane sometimes, but seeing as its not really near any deadlines right now you may be ok getting info from them!

I will see if theres anything online about this...
Does anyone know if we stil get the NHS social work bursary for the 2 year course?
Original post by mmq02
Damn....I totally forgot about that... Bernie I would maybe ring up queen and ask them directly, as getting through to student finance can be a bit insane sometimes, but seeing as its not really near any deadlines right now you may be ok getting info from them!

I will see if theres anything online about this...
Does anyone know if we stil get the NHS social work bursary for the 2 year course?

Mmq I was reading through info there it is saying to send the forms on in and if you need to change were your going you can, its easier to do that than wait until you know, you don't get payment until the uni confirms your reg in sept anyway, so if you don't get it, its easily canceled, that's what others were saying on last years thread.

I know doing the 3 year you get the bursary your second and third year as far as I know. My friend just finished the 2 year route I will text and ask her for you, once she gets back to me I will let you know...
Reply 450
hmm ok! brill thank you!

Do you not get the bursary every year not just 2nd and 3rd? Great, that will be goood thank you:biggrin:
Mmq I was reading through info there it is saying to send the forms on in and if you need to change were your going you can, its easier to do that than wait until you know, you don't get payment until the uni confirms your reg in sept anyway, so if you don't get it, its easily canceled, that's what others were saying on last years thread.

I know doing the 3 year you get the bursary your second and third year as far as I know. My friend just finished the 2 year route I will text and ask her for you, once she gets back to me I will let you know...

My tutor told me if we r offered a place we will get the relevant forms for fees,bursaries etc in the post with the offer!! Pretty sure I'm not gonna be eligible for a loan :frown: x
(edited 9 years ago)
As far as I know they only give the bursary now for 2 and 3rd years, thinks its to do with placements and stuff plus I know the uni will give you 500 pound towards placement years 2 and 3.

I am going to go and see can I get some more info on the bursary..
Original post by Nicoh88
My tutor told me if we r offered a place we will get the relevant forms for fees,bursaries eye in the post with the offer!! Pretty sure I'm not gonna be eligible for a loan :frown: x

It is def saying on the forms from student finance in that to have it sorted for sept it has to be in for April. The uni will only give you forms for the bursary, but for fees and loans and grants you have to do it through studentfinanceni.com check it out...
(edited 9 years ago)
It is def saying on the forms from student finance in that to have it sorted for sept it has to be in for April. The uni will only give you forms for the bursary, but for fees and loans and grants you have to do it through studentfinanceni.com check it out...

Great thanks for the heads up!! 😀
Original post by Nicoh88
Great thanks for the heads up!! ������

In probs, nicoh see if you go to studentfinaneni there ius an estimate calculator were you put your info into and it tells you what you are entitled to, I thought I wasn't going to get fees paid etc as I done HND, but I was able to put that info down on estimate and it told me.

Bernie..
Does anyone know if we can get another student loan. Read somewhere that you can't get a 2nd one but for social work degree you can? I'm relying on my bursary to cover the course fees so I need to get a bursary every year so if we only get the bursary in 2nd and 3rd year I will have to do the grad 2 year route. I'm so confused... why am I even thinking ahead.... no offer yet lol
Original post by waveydavey!
Does anyone know if we can get another student loan. Read somewhere that you can't get a 2nd one but for social work degree you can? I'm relying on my bursary to cover the course fees so I need to get a bursary every year so if we only get the bursary in 2nd and 3rd year I will have to do the grad 2 year route. I'm so confused... why am I even thinking ahead.... no offer yet lol

Hi waveydavey I would go on studentfinanceni estimate calculator and put in your info, it will ask about dependents, previous studying etc and it will tell you what you will be entitled to...

Bernie...
Hi waveydavey I would go on studentfinanceni estimate calculator and put in your info, it will ask about dependents, previous studying etc and it will tell you what you will be entitled to...

Bernie...

Thanks Bernie, I think the biggest problem is gonna be my hubby's income cos he is well paid....could still do without paying the £3,000 ourselves though!!! But I will give it a go lol x
Original post by Nicoh88
Thanks Bernie, I think the biggest problem is gonna be my hubby's income cos he is well paid....could still do without paying the £3,000 ourselves though!!! But I will give it a go lol x

Yeah I see what you mean, give it a go and see, because they have to take your dependents into consideration and stuff plus I know they can help towards childcare and stuff..

Quick Reply

Latest